Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Book Discussions > The Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 267 (267 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I love this book.... so talk away

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Everyone should read this book, I really love it. And now I can't wait for the second, Catching Fire! I'm totally excited. I love Katniss she's the perfect leading female heroine. She's so strong and cool. I wish her and Peeta were acually a thing. But I think Gale has a crush on her. I think he's hot too. So whichever she ends up with is ok with me (but I bet it will be Peeta)

message 3: by ♥Cassie♥ (new)

♥Cassie♥ I LOVE THIS BOOK.I agree Katniss is the perfect leading female heroine.I can't decide who I like better Peeta or Gale.My favorite characters in the book ar Katniss, Haymitch, and Rue

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I love Haymitch he's hilarous. lol, I love that he called her sweetheart. I can't choose either. Gale is just so hot with his toughness and ragity brown hair (I like brunnett boys, black hair or brown). But Peetais really nice and sweet. He's hot too, I like that he's tough and sarcastic, but caring. Blonde is ok too though.

message 5: by ♥Cassie♥ (new)

♥Cassie♥ (Me too)Yeah i guess Peeta is. Haymitch is hilarious. Gale is hot

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney totally. Gale is sooooooooo hot! Peeta rox though. He's so sweet.

message 7: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I haven't read this book yet, but I really want to! Is it really good?

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney It sooooooo good. You should really read it, and fast. Because the sequel, Catching Fire comes out Sept 1th!!! My

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) I loved The Hunger Games, I just couldn't stop reading! I'd also like to add that I reccomended this book to Courtney. I read it because Stephenie Meyer was raving about it. Yeah, I'm psyched for Catching Fire! I really hope Katniss ends up with Peeta because I love him! He's so sweet and caring and he obviously loves her very much. Plus, Peeta and Katniss went through so much together! I thought it was heartbreakingly romantic when they were going to die for each other at the end of the Hunger Games! So they should be together because I think deep down, Katniss loves Peeta.

message 10: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I really WANT to read it, but I don't have a copy.. so I guess I'll have to find one, SOON! :)

message 11: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (tashasbookshelf) Mackenzie wrote: "I really WANT to read it, but I don't have a copy.. so I guess I'll have to find one, SOON! :)"

You've already FOUND one, ha. I loved the Hunger Games! It was such a creative book and I can tell Collins has potential.

message 12: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Natasha wrote: "Mackenzie wrote: "I really WANT to read it, but I don't have a copy.. so I guess I'll have to find one, SOON! :)"

You've already FOUND one, ha. I loved the Hunger Games! It was such a creative b..."

Hehe, good point. I just wanted to make sure it was a done deal (meaning, I wanted to make sure you'd lend it to me). I need to read all the other books you've so kindly lent me first though! *sigh* so many books and not enough time!

message 13: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I agree, there are too many good books to read and no time to read them!!!!! Hunger Games rocks. And I agree with you Sam, I think Katniss really does love Peeta deep down

message 14: by ♥Cassie♥ (new)

♥Cassie♥ I think she does love Peeta deep down and I think she loves Gale too.The Hunger Games is my absoulute favorie book I have read it 9 times in the last 7 months i just can't stop reading it.Even some of the guys at my school the guys that never read or anything like that said they loved this book.Also i can't wait for Catching Fire to come out i've been dying to read it.

message 15: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) ok so i never fancied this book (i hated the front cover it is not good) but i finally caved and actually brought it so as soon as i have finished my morganville books i am going to start it

message 16: by ♥Cassie♥ (last edited Aug 28, 2009 02:49PM) (new)

♥Cassie♥ its sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good

message 17: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i really hope so i hate wasting my money

message 18: by Courtney (new)

Courtney It was totally amzing! I can't wait for Catching Fire! I hope I get it for my birthday!

message 19: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i dont think i will be getting it for my birthday as it comes out the day before unless my mum has got me book vouchers

message 20: by ~Kate~ (last edited Aug 30, 2009 06:24AM) (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i also dont like the next book cover either it has a stupid bird on the front arrggghhhhh!!!!! Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

message 21: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I like the way you said Mum, lol, that's not the cover I had when I read the book.

message 22: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Wow, that's such a weird cover. I thought it was black?

message 23: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Courtney * Vampire Extraordinaire wrote: "I like the way you said Mum, lol, that's not the cover I had when I read the book. "

why?

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins and this is the first one it took me ages just to even consider reading the book because of this stupid front cover

message 24: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, I didn't know that was the first cover. Haha, really? The cover made that much of an impact on you? I can understand though, there are many books I won't even look at because the cover or the colors on the cover just don't catch my eye and make me want to read/look at them. If that makes any sense whatsoever...

message 25: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah it makes sense but for me i think the covers is down to my inner graphic designer lol, am thinking of doing book covers for my final major project if he says i can that is

message 26: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh really? That's so cool! :)

message 27: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) thanks i already had an idea for ink exchange i just need my sister to come back home so i can take a photo of her tattoo

message 28: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) oh, that's cool! (:

message 29: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) if it turns out the way i want it to i will have it as my profile pic

message 30: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) oh okay, I hope it turns out the way you want it! :) if you don't mind my asking, what is your sister's tattoo of?

message 31: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) well she has a few the one that i want is a heart with wings either side and its in black and white. she has a angels feather with mum which is also black and white with a bit of pastel colour in it but i dont think that would be good as i dont want mum in the image. she has a little butterfly on her wrist thats in colour. and then she has a music note on her ankle.

message 32: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh wow, she's got quite a few then! They all sound like they'd be really pretty tattoos though. :)

message 33: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah she does have a few and she wants some more but yeah they are pretty if i wasnt so affraid of needles i would have had one by now too

message 34: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) That's cool. I'm terrified of needles too! If you did get a tattoo, do you have any idea of what you would get?

message 35: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) well it would be a little four leaf clover on my wrist as i am huge fan of ireland (even though i have never been) what about you what would you get if you could?

message 36: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Ouu, that's cool. I don't really know what I'd get.. my grandmother has this adorable little hummingbird on her lower leg.. like just a wee bit above her ankle. But I honestly have no clue what I'd get if I did get a tattoo.. There's too many different choices and ideas for a tattoo, you know?

message 37: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah your grandmothers tattoo sounds nice although i cant stand birds just as much as needles lol. i actually went with my sister when she had one done and she was going to make me but i think after she saw my colour drain she thought better

message 38: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, I love birds.. there are some really cute ones. Like, hummingbirds fascinate me. They're so tiny and to watch them fight is really fascinating, well I find it to be anyways.
Eesh, you must be really scared of needles. I don't think that when I see needles that color drains from my face..

message 39: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) that was actually a good day i usually pass out lol cant stand birds especially pigions they are like everywhere and they follow and then there are evil children that chase them and they flap about am getting shivers just thinking about it lol

message 40: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) You normally pass out? Eesh, that's scary. I'm nowhere near that afraid of needles! I just get extremely nervous and my stomach feels like it's twisted in knots.
I hate pigeons and seagulls! That's mean to chase them though. Haha, okay we'll stop talking about birds then :)

message 41: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol.
and yes i normally pass out my doctor once said if its done properly then you wont pass out and true to form i did and he said i know what you mean now and yeah i get nervous and twisted stomach and thats just watching it on the tv lol

message 42: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh lol, that really sucks! I feel bad enough as it is when I'm scared of needles, but I never talked to someone who actually passed out because of the sight of needles..

message 43: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol well now you have am just a big baby lol and yes it sucks although i havent had the need for a needle in years (touch wood)

message 44: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) LOL, no you're not a big baby, people are scared of the silliest things for less reason. :) Haha, that's good that you haven't needed a needle in quite awhile :)

message 45: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i know my sister is affraid of peas...wierd but true.
i have a lot of things that am affraid of its just needles and birds are the worst and you will never catch me going in a lift either

message 46: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) :O Peas? Like the little green, round vegetable?
A lift as in elevator? I'm afraid of quite a few things too, mostly insects and O__O spiders! Ick, they scare the bejesus out of me.

message 47: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yup as in the little green veggie
if an elevator goes up and down and is a little closed in space then yes thats a lift. i dont like spiders either

message 48: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) That's incredibly odd, I've never heard of anyone being afraid of a vegetable... LOL
Yeah, that's an elevator. Claustrophobic by chance?
Yehh, spiders are creepy, all eight legs of them.

message 49: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yup am claustrophobic 2 well the list just gets bigger and bigger lol

message 50: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) ohh, that really sucks! :( I'm sure it does. lol

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hunger Games (other topics)
Catching Fire (other topics)