YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Triangle (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jun 29, 2018 11:55AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85660 comments Mod
Team Triangle Members:
Samantha
Keyona ✔
Nikki ✔
Michela
Vanessa ✔
Yara
Riddhi ✔
Lauren
Lisa ✔
Karishma ✔

Please comment here to let us know you are ready by July 1st ☺

Link to review thread - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Adding Lauren to your team ☺

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Hey team checking in :)

message 4: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments Howdy everyone! Checking in. =)

message 5: by Riddhi (new)

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments Hello everyone.

Hello Team Triangle, I am adding Lisa to your team ☺

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Hello everyone :)

message 8: by Riddhi (new)

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments Welcome, Lisa.

message 9: by Keyona (new)

Keyona | 462 comments Hey guys! Checking in..

message 10: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Karishma to your team ☺

message 11: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) Hi Team!

message 12: by Riddhi (new)

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments Welcome Karishma.

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments welcome 😀

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments So, just posted my first review for The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli :) wish you all a great sunday :)

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments do you guys want to have a spread sheet, so we can see who wants to read which book or how many we finished? just an idea :)

message 16: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Lisa wrote: "So, just posted my first review for The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli :) wish you all a great sunday :)"

well done Lisa that was quick work :)

message 17: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Lisa wrote: "do you guys want to have a spread sheet, so we can see who wants to read which book or how many we finished? just an idea :)"

To be honest Lisa i don't think a spreadsheet will work quite as well for this challenge due to it being more free flow reading most of our books can fit into one of the categories and that means we can focus more on our reading this month :) although i will miss the organisation of the lists lol im a list person

Not entirely sure what book im going to start with tomorrow whats your next book planned?

message 18: by Ray (new)

Ray (ray_ravenclaw) | 14 comments checking in :)

message 19: by Ray (new)

Ray (ray_ravenclaw) | 14 comments quick question the book I'm currently reading can get us points right?
The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @yara: yes! it has 3... pages, was published on the 30th... has a 3 letter word in the title... whatever you want to choose 😁

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @nikki: thanks. was an audiobook and i loved it 😁 i know you are right about the Spreadsheet. like you i like lists and crossing things out 😂

message 22: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Lisa wrote: "@nikki: thanks. was an audiobook and i loved it 😁 i know you are right about the Spreadsheet. like you i like lists and crossing things out 😂"

lists make you feel like youve accomplished something dont they? lol i love ticking things off lists... yes i am sad ah well least my stuff gets done and besides im keeping a list of books to read for each description of this challenge on my phone so ive got my list fix lol

I'm going to be starting City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare audiobook later so i can survive sports day and chores ;)

Hopefully i get to start an actual book this evening :) not sure which one to read though

what are you reading now?

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Yep, they do :) but i also have a list on my phone to tick the books off :)
Aerie (Magonia, #2) by Maria Dahvana Headley The Archived (The Archived, #1) by Victoria Schwab The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black
like to join?

message 24: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments That's how I do it, nons of those are on my to read list thanks for the offer though :) trying to clear my to read list lol

message 25: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments Howdy folks! I've been working on Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard for a couple of days and plan to read the entire series this month. If anyone cares to join me just let me know. I've almost finished the first book. =)

message 26: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Vanessa wrote: "Howdy folks! I've been working on Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard for a couple of days and plan to read the entire series this month. If anyone cares to join me just let me know. I've almost finishe..."

Brilliant keep up the good work Vanessa I’m currently reading Nothing Left to Lose (Guarded Hearts series Parts 1 and 2 combined) by Kirsty Moseley probably for the 4th time lol

message 27: by Ray (new)

Ray (ray_ravenclaw) | 14 comments Lisa wrote: "@yara: yes! it has 3... pages, was published on the 30th... has a 3 letter word in the title... whatever you want to choose 😁"

thanks love :)

message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @Vanessa: Sorry, i already read the books but i hope you enjoy them :) If you want to talk about the ending of the 1st book, just say so :)

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @yara: you're welcome :)

message 30: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (zvagabond) | 29 comments Im here! sorry I'm late

message 31: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (zvagabond) | 29 comments book 1 is wolf speaker by tamora pierce with (3)44 pages =)

message 32: by Samantha (last edited Jul 05, 2018 11:54AM) (new)

Samantha (zvagabond) | 29 comments Vanessa wrote: "Howdy folks! I've been working on Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard for a couple of days and plan to read the entire series this month. If anyone cares to join me just let me know. I've almost finishe..."

i just read Red Queen and will totally buddy read more of the series if I can get my hands on them!!

that being said.... I haven't done a buddy read before so I'm not entirely sure what we need to do to get the buddy read points!!

message 33: by Lisa (last edited Jul 05, 2018 10:08PM) (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @Samantha: great you're here now :)
For a Buddy Read:
1. you need a buddy, make a date
2. ask Abbie to make a thread/chat for you
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... - the link where you ask
3. once you have the thread you can start reading and you need to post at least 4 updates, regarding the book, in the thread

For the updates it's enough if you write 2-3 sentences, just so they can see you read the chapters or pages. (like: person a meets person b and they're are sweet and should move in together or such :) ).
Like: Chapter 1-5: this happened! if something spoilery happened please use <.spoiler>WORD (without the . )

message 34: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments I finished up Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard and I am almost finished with Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard . I still need to write my review for the first book.

@Samantha - I would love to buddy read the rest of the series with you. Let me know when you have a copy of the books and we can read them. There is already a buddy read for Glass Sword on the 16th that we can join, but let me know on the other books if you want to set a date to read those together. =)

message 35: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Right finished and reviewed Nothing Left to Lose (Guarded Hearts series Parts 1 and 2 combined) by Kirsty Moseley now I’ve got to choose my next book lol

message 36: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Finished and reviewed Mine to Take (Mine, #1) by Cynthia Eden now to choose another this is half my battle choosing the next one to read

message 37: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Mine to Keep (Mine, #2) by Cynthia Eden Finished and reviewed

message 38: by Samantha (last edited Jul 11, 2018 05:55AM) (new)

Samantha (zvagabond) | 29 comments Vanessa wrote: "I finished up Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard and I am almost finished with Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard. I still need to write my review for the first book.

@Samantha - I would love to buddy ..."

this book has three holds on it at my library ahead of me!!!!!! aaaah. I just hosted a teen book group reading of book 1... and I put holds on book 2 for all my teen patrons before myself. #librarianstruggles But I am going to go check the local bookstore. I purchased cruel crown off of bookoutlet but the didnt have book two... or three or four =(

unfortunately living in a small town the bookstore closes at five so I'll try and pop in on thursday.... which is the next day I'm off and the store is open!

message 39: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Samantha wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "I finished up Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard and I am almost finished with Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard. I still need to write my review for the first book.

@Samantha - I woul..."

Oh no fingers crossed you find one! I have this trouble at my library too

message 40: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments I finished up reading and reviewing these:
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard War Storm (Red Queen, #4) by Victoria Aveyard

Now I am going to go and finish up my buddy reads for them so that I can post my reviews. =D

message 41: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Wow look at you go Lauren

Mine to Hold (Mine, #3) by Cynthia Eden finished and reviewed

message 42: by Michela (new)

Michela Searson | 214 comments Hi everyone, I am really sorry for signing in late. I've been super busy the last couple of weeks with finishing up high school and starting a new job. I haven't had much time to get onto my computer. I have already finished one book and hopefully finish a few more by the end of the month.

message 43: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Michela wrote: "Hi everyone, I am really sorry for signing in late. I've been super busy the last couple of weeks with finishing up high school and starting a new job. I haven't had much time to get onto my comput..."

Ah well Michela hey totally get the busy life :)

message 44: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (zvagabond) | 29 comments Yea I dont think I'll manage to get my hands on the Red Queen series this month =(

message 45: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare
Finished and reviewed :)

message 46: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Samantha wrote: "Yea I dont think I'll manage to get my hands on the Red Queen series this month =("

Aww no! That’s a shame Samantha

message 47: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments Samantha wrote: "Yea I dont think I'll manage to get my hands on the Red Queen series this month =("

That's too bad. =(

message 48: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3637 comments Ever the Brave (A Clash of Kingdoms #2) by Erin Summerill

Finished and reviewed this one. =)

message 49: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Vanessa wrote: "Ever the Brave (A Clash of Kingdoms #2) by Erin Summerill

Finished and reviewed this one. =)"

Well done Vanessa :)

message 50: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (zvagabond) | 29 comments Vanessa wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Yea I dont think I'll manage to get my hands on the Red Queen series this month =("

That's too bad. =("

aaaaaah! I just got them so maybe I can do it. working on book 2 right now

« previous 1