YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Hop, Skip, Jump (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Madao (last edited Jun 30, 2018 10:33AM) (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Participants-

Lakhsesis✔
Vivi✔
Rachel✔
Amilia✔
Becky✔
Haley
Lilly
Zihan✔
Cinthia✔
Reviews- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
SS-

Welcome everyone!

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 231 comments Checking in!

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 525 comments Checking in

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85652 comments Mod
Hello Team Hop, Skip, Jump, just to let you know that I am adding Zihan to your team ☺

message 5: by Zihan (new)

Zihan (rizareads) Checking in! Hi team!

message 6: by Vivi (last edited Jun 24, 2018 04:04PM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Hi everyone! I'm checking in :)

message 7: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Sarah wrote: "Hello Team Hop, Skip, Jump, just to let you know that I am adding Zihan to your team ☺"

Alright Sara!

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 525 comments Can u ask is anyone making a spreadsheet for this month or do we not need one

message 9: by Amilia (new)

Amilia (andy484) | 56 comments Checking in.

message 10: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Becky wrote: "Can u ask is anyone making a spreadsheet for this month or do we not need one"

I don't really think we need a spreadsheet for this one, since we can repeat descriptions as much times we want.

We just have to pick 1 book that fits 1 of the descriptions for it to count.

July's challenge seems pretty easy to play :)

message 11: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Amilia wrote: "Checking in."

HI Amilia 👋
We're gonna be teammates again ☺️

message 12: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Vivi wrote: "Becky wrote: "Can u ask is anyone making a spreadsheet for this month or do we not need one"

I don't really think we need a spreadsheet for this one, since we can repeat descriptions as much times..."

I thought so too. I just made some space for SS in case we would had needed one. I am glad this challenge is a bit easy.

message 13: by Amilia (new)

Amilia (andy484) | 56 comments Vivi wrote: "Amilia wrote: "Checking in."

HI Amilia 👋
We're gonna be teammates again ☺️"

YAY!!! I hope our team wins.

message 14: by Vivi (last edited Jun 27, 2018 07:46AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments @Amilia and @Lakhsesis,

Yeah, it's a easy challenge, so let's do our best to win! :)

Do you guys have any books planned to read in July?

message 15: by Amilia (new)

Amilia (andy484) | 56 comments I don't yet. I need to start planning them out.

message 16: by Vivi (last edited Jun 27, 2018 03:41PM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Amilia wrote: "I don't yet. I need to start planning them out."

That's okay. I'm still trying to decide which books I'll read, too. I think I'm gonna do some BRs. 🙂

message 17: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Vivi wrote: "@Amilia and @Lakhsesis,

Yeah, it's a easy challenge, so let's do our best to win! :)

Do you guys have any books planned to read in July?"

I don't really have a specific list of books I want to read. I am going to check out BRs and if I want to read the same books, I will participate in them. Also, I will keep informing which book I am going to read before I start. So in case, anyone here wants to read the same book, we can BR together to maximize the points.

message 18: by Vivi (last edited Jun 28, 2018 06:02AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Lakhsesis wrote: ".....I am going to check out BRs and if I want to read the same books, I will participate in them...."

I usually just pick books that I wanna read, but this time I actually did the same you did... looked into the BRs that I'm interested in :)

I'll be joining the following BRs:

Friend-Zoned (Friend-Zoned, #1) by Belle Aurora (June 2nd) and History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera (June, 12th)

Also, I'm looking forward to reading That Irresistible Poison (Calluvia's Royalty, #2) by Alessandra Hazard , Twist Me (Twist Me #1) by Anna Zaires and Maybe With a Chance of Certainty (Tales from Foster High, #1) by John Goode .

I might read Storm (Elemental, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer or Rome and Jules by Tara Lain too.

And that is, probably, it for July, for me! :)

message 19: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments I am going to join Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

I might also join Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

I also have some other books I have to read, but that depends on how much time I can spare.

message 20: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85652 comments Mod
Hello Team Hop, Skip, Jump, just to let you know that I am adding Cinthia to your team ☺

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi guys. I am glad to be back in the game I’ve been absent for like 2 months and havent really felt like reading so I’m hoping I can get back in the groove.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

My first book will be The Shack. I haven’t read the rules yet so I hope it fits.

message 23: by Zihan (last edited Jul 01, 2018 11:07PM) (new)

Zihan (rizareads) Hi all, I'm traveling currently so I might not have access to the internet all the time until next week. I'll be reading in the meantime but my reviews might be slightly late.

All the books I'll be reading are buddy reads, including The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi Bird Box by Josh Malerman , and Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor .

message 24: by Zihan (new)

Zihan (rizareads) Lakhsesis wrote: "I am going to join Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

I might also join Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu [bookcove..."

I'm reading Strange the Dreamer and The Children of Blood and Bone too!

message 25: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Zihan wrote: "Lakhsesis wrote: "I am going to join Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

I might also join [bookcover:Warcross|3..."

I am looking forward to reading it with you!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey guys just wanted to let u know I’m still here. I won’t b able to update until Friday though. I finished one book and I’m almost done with the second one.

message 27: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Cinthia wrote: "Hey guys just wanted to let u know I’m still here. I won’t b able to update until Friday though. I finished one book and I’m almost done with the second one."

Well done Cinthia! :)

message 28: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Cinthia wrote: "Hey guys just wanted to let u know I’m still here. I won’t b able to update until Friday though. I finished one book and I’m almost done with the second one."
That's fast! I am still slogging through Illuminae.

message 29: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 525 comments Finished my first book

message 30: by Vivi (last edited Jul 04, 2018 04:29PM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Becky wrote: "Finished my first book"

God job Becky! ☺️

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 525 comments Second book finished half to count for this month

message 32: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Done with Illuminae, will be continuing The Darkest Part of the Forest now.

message 33: by Amilia (last edited Jul 06, 2018 04:05PM) (new)

Amilia (andy484) | 56 comments So my plan is to read:
Kosiarze (Żniwa śmierci, #1) by Neal Shusterman
* Number of letters in the title is divisable by 3
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer
* Book was first published in a year ending in 3
Dragon Captives by Lisa McMann
* Book has an average rating which has a number 3 in it.
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
* Book has the number 3 in its number of ratings, or number of reviews.
Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World by Ashley Herring Blake
* Book has the number 3 in its ISBN/ASIN.

I am not sure if I will get to all of them but I will try my best. I am half way through Scythe also.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn’t get to read or post this past holiday I had family over. 😩. I will try to post on Sunday or Monday I have double shifts at work this weekend. But I will continue reading. My next read is Cold-Hearted Rake. I’ve had it for a minute. I also have a BR today that I didn’t get to ugh the struggle is real.

message 35: by Zihan (new)

Zihan (rizareads) Hey guys, I’ve been reading and got through two books. Will definitely update soon!

message 36: by Vivi (last edited Jul 10, 2018 03:27AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Hey guys,
I've been a bit stuck on digesting an emotional book I started reading last month. I have finally finish it. So, now, I can start picking up on my July reads (that are a bit overdue). I'll try to get some books finished soon! :)

message 37: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments It's alright Vivi and Cinthia! Good work Zihan. I am done with The Darkest Part of the Forest. I will upload the reviews tomorrow. Both the books I read sucked for me, so I won't participate in a BR probably and take a little break.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

ok just finished updating the BR for The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1) by A.R. Torre will have to read the rules so I could start posting in the reviews thread.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

All reviews are posted... I will continue reading Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand it seems to be good... I'm like a few chapters in and it's a long book... I'm also listening to Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1) by Lisa Kleypas and I must say I really am not getting into it much but it's ok I guess...

message 40: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Reviews are posted!

message 41: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Have started reading Circe. Madeline Miller writes well. I had also liked The Song of Achilles by her.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Omg. Let me know what u think of circe it’s like a hype right now and idk if I should jump in that wagon.

message 43: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Cinthia wrote: "Omg. Let me know what u think of circe it’s like a hype right now and idk if I should jump in that wagon."

Circe was a gorgeous book. I admit I felt bored in some parts as middle since I knew some series of events, but reading about Circe's journey was truly interesting, even though I prefer fast-paced action. You should give it a try!

message 44: by Vivi (last edited Jul 21, 2018 07:09AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Hey guys!
Finally posted reviews of 2 books I read 😀

Will try to finish at least 1 or 2 books more, until the end of the month.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m sorry I’ve been absent. I’m also trying to get through a couple of books. I’m on vacation starting tomorrow so I should be able to start reading more.

message 46: by Vivi (last edited Jul 21, 2018 07:22AM) (new)

Vivi | 1359 comments Cinthia wrote: "I’m sorry I’ve been absent. I’m also trying to get through a couple of books. I’m on vacation starting tomorrow so I should be able to start reading more."

It's okay Cinthia. Let's do our best to get some points until the end of the month ☺️

message 47: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments I am halfway through with The Color Purple, and Circe is already done. Sorry for being too slow. University is being taxing for me.

message 48: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Hello! :D

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I want so bad to read the color purple. I’ve had it for quite a while.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome maica

« previous 1