Start by marking “The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  12,541 Ratings  ·  2,414 Reviews
I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a dist
Kindle Edition, Longer Edition, 352 pages
Published January 21st 2014 by Redhook (first published April 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl in 6E, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Alannah From what I could understand, Simon went to get the key for Deanna's door. She sits on the other side with her knife, waiting for him to return but he…moreFrom what I could understand, Simon went to get the key for Deanna's door. She sits on the other side with her knife, waiting for him to return but he doesn't. The reader is left to assume he forgot or passed out. Deanna sits waiting for him and ends up falling asleep by the door. (less)
Melliott Not really a cliffhanger. The story has a satisfying resolution, but then takes you to one more event that lets you anticipate the next book. So it's…moreNot really a cliffhanger. The story has a satisfying resolution, but then takes you to one more event that lets you anticipate the next book. So it's not one of those that make you tear your hair out and scream, "WHAT?" when it ends abruptly.(less)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo TorreGirlin6ETitlebySueBee_zpsbb7e1c41.jpg
 photo 6EstoryXbysb_zps4d1d6d0a.gif
★★★★! The Girl in 6E (book 1). A captivating, suspenseful & soul-searching journey for a reclusive heroine with secrets!

“They believe what they see, because they want to believe. They want to believe that I am normal. And for the brief moments I am with them, I fool myself into thinking the same thing.”

The Girl in 6E is another clever and brilliantly told story courtesy Alessandra Torre. It’s best dived into therefore my review will be very vague.

All books in the Deanna Madden romant
Raeleen Lemay
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, adult-fiction
Erotic Suspense. Two words one would probably NEVER associate with me, yet I adored this book! It was incredibly fast-paced, and just as twisted as any Gillian Flynn book. Highly highly highly recommend.
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Grab this book whilst it's on SALE! Only $1.99 for a limited time (Until Nov 1st)* Amazon US *

This beautiful quote, for me, sums up the emotion of Girl in 6E. The words touch my heart, show me the beauty, the sadness and the eloquence of the writing.

I was excited, but also a little nervous going into this read, I knew it wasn't my normal kind of book; at times the gruesome nature of it made me want to squint at the words, look away..... Some of the subject matter is uncomfortably rotten, but in
Loyda
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5***Captivating Stars

Genre: Erotic Thriller
Type: Standalone Book 1 of Deanna Madden Series
POV: Shifting

description

“Hope is dangerous. Hope can be the loose thread that pulls apart your sanity.” Deanna

description

The Girl in 6E is a suspenseful and captivating book that gets you hooked from the beginning. Dexter Morgan lovers you will fall in love with this series. Deanna Madden aka Jessica B. Reilly; a twenty-one year old spends her daily living as a “Cam Girl”. She has survived for over three years without any
Khadidja
if i had to pick one of my favorite books of all time this would be it

review of the whole series

My life is simple, as long as I follow the rules.

1. Don't leave the apartment.
2. Never let anyone in.
3. Don't kill anyone.

I've obeyed these rules for three years. But rules were made to be broken.

(view spoiler)
Aj the Ravenous Reader

This is me fulfilling my promise to read a book with lots of blood and deaths and believe me this book has those things AND MORE- things that made me choke harder than the sight of blood and gore. This book annihilated what is little left of my innocence and if you want to keep your innocence intact, I suggest you stay away from this book. Lol.

This is probably what I looked like during the first half of the story.

Good thing there is more to this novel than those gory, graphic triple X RATED de
Delee

3.5

Sooooo I think all those that know me- or those who THINK they know me (over the last week...Yes, you- HATERS included- heheheheeeeee)- know, I am NOT a big fan of erotica.

Nope, not a fan of erotica at all- NOT one little bit.

...but I will say- I didn't hate this book- and the person that put THE GIRL IN 6E on my radar- I looooooove immensely... Richelle, my darling. Yes, I <3 you- sooooo I put my feelings of erotica aside, and I will review this book accordingly.

[image error] photo 0944b703-7e65-4af4-b542-ba1ca35b48f8_zpsaad9lidi.jpg

Deanna Madden
Elizabeth
"Hope is dangerous. Hope can be the loose thread that pulls apart your sanity."

description

Suspense, intensity, horror, blood, terror, sex, passion, voyeurism, broken, joy, and romance are just a few words to describe the magnificence of Alessandra Torre’s The Girl in 6E.

Just like many other books, I saw this read splashing across the walls of countless GR posts. Of course, I shelved it with the other thousands and thousands of books on my to be read shelf and called it a day. When I found out the second bo
Brandi
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-twisty, suspense
description

The Girl in 6E is an intriguing, suspenseful read. The story of a 21 year old shut-in who spends her days and nights as a 'Cam girl' and lets just say business is good in the virtual world of sex. But with Deanna there is more than meets the eye. Deanna has locked herself away from others because she is afraid, if given the chance, she will not be able to resist her dark desires. Her mind is constantly plagued with an overwhelming desire to kill, for blood to flow.

The first shrink I had said I
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Rating : 4 ‘Darkly Twisted’ Stars

description

My Views : I went in blind so this must already tell you so to say that I was Shocked to read this one is an UNDERSTATEMENT . This book contain Major Sexual Contents but No Actual Sex... and believe me none was needed and the book still rocked. description This author delivers a Twisted Erotic story which will shock the living hell out of you and you’ll absolutely let it happen. description

“But if done correctly, stripping can be the ultimate foreplay, a sexual seduction that can
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Alessandra Torre Fans, Thriller, Romance
5 Unique, Thrilling, Perverse, Satisfying Stars
* * * * *
Before I started reading Romance, I was a mystery, psychological thriller, mind fuckery reader... yes, this gal who now reads all the hot, steamy, HEA's she can get her little hands on use to devour them.

So when The Girl in 6E came to me... I was very intrigued... classified as romance??? Has main character with urges to kill so strong her existence is in her apartment and she never leaves??? How the hell is this going to work, I wondered
April (Aprilius Maximus)
This was SO GOOD! I had a few issues with the first half of the book where the character would repeat things that she'd already told us and there were super random chapters that were shoved in to give her backstory that didn't flow with the rest of the story, but when I got halfway through, I couldn't put the book down. I was SO hooked and I just had to know what happened! I can't wait to continue on with the series!
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes dark stories and is less nit picky about realism
One thing changed my mind. One darn thing.

When I first finished The Girl in 6E, I honestly thought I was going to rate higher than where I ended up. At first, I was thinking something between 3 and 4 stars because I'd been entertained. But I sat on my thoughts for a moment and waited to review, which lead me to realize that my initial feelings about the entertainment value of the story were not balancing out my feelings about some of the unresolved character issues at the end of the book.

My ini
Kathleen
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kathleen by: SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
Story Rating ~ 4.5 Stars
Heroine Rating ~ 5 Stars
Hero Rating ~ 3 Stars
Romance Rating ~ Not really a romance
Heat Level ~ Hot (view spoiler)
Ending ~ 4.5 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 4.5 Stars

WOW! This was definitely not my usual read but I have to say that I enjoyed every moment. This book grabbed me right from the beginning and kept my interest all the way through. I learned a thing or two about webcam sites and could tell that the author di
Natalie
May 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
description
I feel like I just read a completely different story than everyone else?
And I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but I'm truly trying to understand how this book got so many positive reviews.
Bibi
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alessandra is an exceptional author, I was completely blown away by this series.

We have a Girl with a penchant for knives and *cough* blood, a geeky hacker, a mailman, and a deliciously swoony psychiatrist. Between the lot of them, this non-stop suspense will have you gasping long after the last page.

Don't miss this series. Deanna is a badass.
Perry
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Sex is the great amateur art." David Cort

Lonely Boy Perspective on Agoraphobic Internet Sex Operator

In a quick scan of other reviews I see I'm maybe the only guy writing a review. Almost all others were penned by women, many of whom (I note) have written reviews of novels in the "erotica" genre, a type I've not yet read. While my gender and heterosexuality lend no extra credence to my review, the combo may provide a potential reader at least a different perspective.

THE GIRL IN 6E is a 4 star
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“To the people I cam with, I am JessReilly19, a bubbly nineteen-year-old college student – a hospitality major – who enjoys pop music, underage drinking, and shopping. None of them really know the true me. I am who they want me to be, and they like it like that. So do I. Knowing the real me would be a bit of a buzzkill. The real me is Deanna Madden, whose mother killed her entire family, then committed suicide.”

^^^^Gets its hooks in
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
I finally bought myself a copy of The Girl in 6E after lusting after it for some time, I did have a bit of cover love, I have to admit, but it was they synopsis that sucked me in. I love it when you read a blurb and know it's just different to anything else you have read lately. A game changer, that is what this was and I really enjoyed the journey.

Deanna Madden, aka Jessica Reilly, hasn't touched another person in three years. She hasn't left her apartment. She makes money from performing to we
Rachel Reads Ravenously
2 stars

This is a book I've been meaning to read for years, so many of my book friends recommended it to me. I loved the concept of the book and how it sounded, but the execution...... not so much.

The two great things about this book are the concept and Torre's writing. My god, Torre is an amazing writer. She has a way with words unlike any other author I have seen in this genre. My problem with the book lay mostly with my own personal tastes, and the fact that the majority of the book just see
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
“No one is normal. Everyone is just pretending to be normal.”

This is the story of a prostitute who never had sex, a story with sexual fetishes but no human contact, a story of murder obsession with no bloodshed. This is the story of Deanna and her life in the apartment 6E.

description

It’s been three years since Deanna left her apartment. She lost her entire family at the psychotic hands of her mother who killed them in cold blood and her murderous genes are passed on to Deanna. She lives, breaths and dream
Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway)
3.5 stars but I'm rounding it up to a 4 because man was this book enjoyable.

Erotic Thriller. A genre I thought I would never read. And yet, I've been hearing so many good things about this one that I just had the urge to pick it up. And I'm SO glad I did, it was the perfect book for me to read right now, with exams taking up 99% of my brain space.

The Girl in 6E is a story about a girl who locks herself up in an apartment - apartment 6E - because she has thoughts of murdering people and cannot co
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 Cam Girl Stars

description

This book was dark, disturbing and the layout was tricky to follow at first because it jumps from character to character but it all came together brillantly.

Alessandra Torre brought life to Jessica/Dianna cam girl, hermit, and I was glued to my reader for the whole ride.

"I don't judge the men and women who chat with me and reveal their secrets and perversions. How can I? My secret, my obsession, is worse than any of theirs."

I loved all the cast of characters introduced. I l
Kim Bailey
How many stars can I give this book? 5 doesn't seem like enough.

There is a good possibility that Alessandra Torre is a genius ... Perhaps an evil genius ... But brilliant, all the same.

I was very careful about avoiding spoilers for this book ... And I'm so glad that I did. This story caught me completely off guard. But what a fabulous surprise! I found myself white-knuckle gripping my ereader and holding my breath through most of the second half. So dark, so disturbing, so AMAZING! The main char
Ihcene
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
" Hope.
Hope is dangerous. Hope can be the loose thread that pulls apart your sanity. "

These were that last words on the book, and I'm writing this review and hoping the next book will show us a glimpse into a better future for Deanna!

Deanna is webcam girl, she is twenty one, lives on her own, single.. Everything seems normal, right? But what isn't normal about her life is that she's been locked in her apartment for the last three years, why? Well surprise surprise; she has murder tendencies! S
destini mia
Jun 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Interesting concept. Execution...

not so much.

DNF 60%

The writing felt forced, dialogue was sparse with pages and pages of inner monologues, and nothing happens for pretty much 50% of the story. The Girl in 6E is supposed to be a dark thriller and it only got the first half right. You get a lot about her internet sexcpades, homicidal tendencies, and not much else.

me: was not thrilled
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
❝He thinks I am weak. He thinks he can manipulate and subdue me. Kill me, like so many girls before me. He has no idea that my small frame and delicate features contain an evil that rivals his own. I finger the knife in my pocket and fight to keep a grin off my face. This is it. This is my time.❞

The Girl in 6E was definitely something else. I haven't read anything like it ever in my life lol. It was a mixture of erotica and psychological thriller. Although I did find the whole concept unique
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
☆☆5 Brilliant Stars!☆☆
This. Was. Awesome.

I can say in all my 20 years of reading I've never met a herione like Deanna Madden. There's already so many amazing reviews out there for this book so I'm gonna keep it short and say if you haven't read it, then what are you waiting for?!

**********************************
So excited to start this book!
Alex is The Romance Fox
Having read some of Alessandra Torre’s brilliant books such as Sex, Love, Repeat and Hollywood Dirt and a few more, I was eager to read The Girl in 6E, written under her pseudonym, A.R. Torre and even more eager after reading so many glowing reviews by many Goodreads friends.

The Girl in 6E, the 1st book in the Deanna Madden Trilogy, is nothing like the books I have read by this author. This is not a love and romantic love story. Quite the opposite!!

Deanna Madden has isolated herself from the ent
  • Till Death (The Dumont Diaries, #3)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Held (Held, #1)
  • Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)
  • Chosen
  • The Sordid Promise (Breaking Insanity, #1)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • After
  • Topping from Below
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)

Deanna Madden (3 books)
  • Do Not Disturb (Deanna Madden, #2)
  • If You Dare (Deanna Madden, #3)
“No one is normal. Everyone is just pretending to be normal.” 118 likes