What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Long Way Down
This topic is about The Long Way Down
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Read in the 90s: YA coming of age/romance, girl runs away with the circus and becomes a trapeze artist that performs blindfolded. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shann (shanntajiah) | 6 comments I believe this novel was written by a female author. It was about a teen, like around 16 years old or so, that ran away and hitchhiked a ride in the elephant trailer when the circus left her town.
She is discovered by the love interest of the story, and he agrees to help her stay. I don't remember most of the middle of the story, but she begins to learn the art of trapeze, the love interest is her partner. At some point in the story, she decides that she should try performing blindfolded, but the love interest is very angry with her (I think there had been an accident with his previous partner, or himself where there were bad injuries). She starts performing with her eyes closed, and eventually she does convince him to let her perform blindfolded.
I remember there was a skeptical reporter that came to see them perform privately as she had become famous for the stunt and no one believed that the blindfold wasn't see through. She demonstrated that it was black velvet and she couldn't see before they performed for him.
I read this book probably 100x as a teen, but I have no clue what it is called. Thanks for any help!!

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Shann (shanntajiah) | 6 comments you are good, Ayshe :) thank you, that's it :)