YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Three Legged Race (M) Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lesa (last edited Jul 05, 2018 12:32PM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Lesa
Amanda
Ritika
❤ Aly ❤
Jacquely
Himanshu

message 2: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Checking in.....

message 3: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Checking in

message 4: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Checking in

message 5: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I’m excited! 😃🎉

message 6: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments I'm excited too....I'm crossing my fingers that the other ladies check in too....I've already got a couple of buddy reads for next month that fit this challenge....

message 7: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I’m hoping so too. Which books do you have planned?

message 8: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Just checking in! :)

message 9: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "I’m hoping so too. Which books do you have planned?"

The two buddy reads are The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima and A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis

But of course I have lots more to read lol....

message 10: by Jacquelyn (last edited Jun 24, 2018 04:02PM) (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Oh, A Madness So Discreet is on my TBR.
I don’t usually plan my tbr for challenges, because my mood for different genres changes so often. But I do have two new releases that work for this challenge planned.

message 11: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments I sometimes plan I sometimes don't lol. I have a lot of book holds at the library so I at times add to my list to read. I read from 20 to 40 books a month so at times I just read what I want or try to jump into a buddy read if I can....

message 12: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Oh ok, awesome! I haven’t had a lot of time to read until recently with my old job and planning a wedding. Now that the wedding is over, I have a lot more time. Let me know if you ever want to buddy read. I usually read solo, but I don’t mind br! 😊

message 13: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Will do....hun....

message 14: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments So what’ll happen if everyone doesn’t check in?

message 15: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Shoot nothing that I know of. I guess once we get started on reading and adding reviews we'll know for sure who's in. Sarah probably will add to replace those that don't join in. But hey I'm used to being on teams where not all join in....smh...I just read and add my reviews.

message 16: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments 2 hasn't checked in yet. But I told Sarah if she can add some more members to our team that would be cool.

message 17: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments I’m ready to get some reading done in July.

Just so you know my wedding is the weekend of the 21st.

message 18: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Ok cool, I had let her know a few days ago and she said she’ll message the members on the 2nd

message 19: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Cool....
So what books you ladies starting off with? I'm starting the 1st book of Harry Potter (reading the series with my 13 year old daughter) plus I'm going to either start Providence or The House Swap OMG I hate these rated so low but OMG I had them on hold at the library so long I'm going to still give them a try.

message 20: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I might not sure, what I’m going to start off with, but I have a list so far plus a note on how they fit into the challenge. If anyone wants to br, let me know

message 21: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I didn’t put the author in there since it was my own personal note

-The Takedown (page number divisible by 3)
-Unspoken (ISBN has a 3)
-A Thousand Pieces if You (word in title has three letters)
-The Forgetting (page count has a 3)
-The Thousandth Floor (three words in title)
-Legend (number of letters in title is divisible by 3)

message 22: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments A thousand pieces of you*

And I’ll be adding other books to the list soon, I like having options

message 23: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Can someone please send me the link to this particular challenge's rules? I can't find the link.😅

message 25: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Thank you. :)

message 26: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Of course! 😃

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Checking in. Gotta check the rules and then I will post a tbr

message 28: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Ok! Welcome Amanda!

message 29: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I’m finishing up a book that I started a few days ago. Can the amount of pages I read today count towards the challenge?

message 30: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff Yes but not for a category

message 31: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Finished my first book. It was a 264 page read so that's a number divisible by 3. 🙈🙈

message 32: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Should gain us 2 points when I review it tonight. 🤭🤭

message 33: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Great job! I’m participating in a readathon right now, so hopefully I should get some books read today. (I’m hoping for 2 books)

message 34: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I’m over half way finished with one of them.

message 35: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Good job......
I finished 1 book I just have to post it in our review Started a second book should be finished with this late tonight early tomorrow. Got to pick up 3 books I have on hold at the library tonight.

Lets go ladies lol....in our case Team Three Legged Race

message 36: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments That’s awesome. 😂

message 37: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85723 comments Mod
Hello Team Three Legged Race, just to let you know that I have messaged Nicole to ask if she's still taking part. If I don't hear back from her within the next 48 hours then I will look to replace her ☺

message 38: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Okay thanks Sarah....

message 39: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I just finished a book and I added it to the other thread. 😊

message 40: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments About to start another. Hopefully I can finish it before my readathon ends.

message 41: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments A Thrift Shop Murder (Cats, Ghosts, and Avocado Toast, #1) by N.M. Howell finished and posted

Starting a BR now of Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber

message 42: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments I put 2 books in review now on to 2 more.

message 43: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Awesome, you had some good ones.

message 44: by Lesa (last edited Jul 03, 2018 07:04AM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments We're ahead by .5 yay lol.
Also I try aiming for the highest page count edition. Jacquelyn for one of your books you put page 342 I found a edition 499 for that book I posted asking Sarah if she can use that page count instead....

message 45: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Ok perfect! Sorry I forgot that we could do that! Thanks!

message 46: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Okay, so I'm done with one book and 40% left with the second one. I'll upload both the reviews (and hopefully of a third one as well) by the weekend. So well, happy reading to me! Lol.

message 47: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Great job!

message 48: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Just added another book that was also a buddy read.
How's everyone doing?

message 49: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I’ve had some personal stuff going on today, so I’ve been busy. But I will read tonight and tomorrow.

message 50: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I should have Perfect finished by midnight, I’m in CST.
I’m also working on S.T.A.G.S. By M.A. Bennett, but that might take a few days.

« previous 1 3