2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

Little Fires Everywhere
This topic is about Little Fires Everywhere
ARCHIVE 2018 > Little Fires Everywhere: Chapter 11-15

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (last edited Jun 22, 2018 03:36AM) (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4724 comments This is the discussion thread for Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng Chapter 11-15

Kiriko | 21 comments Just got to the end of Chapter 12 and did not see that coming!!! (view spoiler) I understood that bit, kind of smart on Lexie's part if very selfish. But that's not what I was really shocked about obviously (view spoiler) Okay now I have to see where this story goes!

Consuelo | 190 comments I agree with you Kiriko. This part of the story is plenty of surprises. For me one of the most emotive parts are when she takes her brother's car that is the same car that she uses along all the story. Another emotive scene is when in the name of the mother when her child born she writes a combination of her name and her brother's name.

Zoë Neo | 214 comments I agree with the two comments above, definitely plenty suprises in these chapters! Found it very emotional when it was first mentioned what car her brother wanted to buy, and that that must be the car she has been driving.

Also quite worried about where using Pearl's name might lead...

Lynn | 297 comments I am really struggling with finishing this one. I've been reading it for 10 days! 10 days. It never takes me so long to finish such a short book lol And I'm discussion leader too so I should have breezed through it by now. But I just find myself slogging through. Am I missing something here? Everyone seems to love it but it's very blah to me. I am getting ambivalent about every character now lol

Eileen  | 190 comments I liked how it was all linked to motherhood through the different characters. Each character live parenting in its own way
(view spoiler)

I liked how all the stories were intricated around motherhood and how Celeste Ng depicts lots of ways to be (or not be) a mother.

Also, my point of view drifted about Mirabelle's adoption.
(view spoiler)

Kendall Gardt (kendallgardt) | 9 comments WOAHHHH

message 8: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 3 stars

SarahKat | 3462 comments I like how Mia is becoming ingrained in all the Richardsons's lives. I wonder if she'll have some sort of meaningful interactions with the two boys before she leaves town as well. (view spoiler)

I usually don't like getting one character's entire backstory in one chapter because I'm anxious to get back to the main plot, but Ng does this really well. I felt like Mia's backstory was well-placed and explained a lot about her actions as a mother and with Bebe's whole baby situation.

Samantha | 11 comments So since this month book is almost over I am kinda curious on how pearl and trip will be the rest of the book

message 10: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 888 comments So this book has taken me awhile but not because I don't like it. I just seem to be distracted from reading in general lately.

I like how Eileen pointed out up above about the different types of mothers. Of course we see it in our daily lives but I like applying that thought to this book as I finish it out.

I'm curious as to what is going to happen. Izzy seems mad about Lexie and there seems like there is going to be a fire brewing between the two brothers. There also seems to be some tension between Mrs. Richardson and Mia.

I don't think this going to end up being a 5 star for me but there is enough for me to keep turning the pages.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Little Fires Everywhere (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Celeste Ng (other topics)