Albany Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Summer Reading Progarm > 2018 Summer Reading Program Information & Sign Up!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra C | 135 comments Mod
Hello all!

We are approaching the start of our APL Summer Reading Program for 2018! I wanted to send out a little information for those of you are who are interested in participating this year again, or for the first time!

First, the Albany Public Library Adult Summer Reading Program will be hosted from Saturday, June 23 to Saturday, August 18.

Second, you can participate in a few ways:
1. Online (through this APL Goodreads group). If you want to participate through the Goodreads group, leave a comment in this discussion topic saying you want to be signed up (with your preferred name and username, please!);
2. Paper-based bingo card which you can pick up through your local Albany Public Library branch;
3. A combination of both!

Keep track of your reading throughout the summer! You will earn prizes based on how many books you read. Any books you finish during this time period counts, no matter when you started reading.
Level 1- 3 books read: APL Magnetic Bookmark
Level 2- 6 books read: Stewart’s Ice Cream Coupon
Level 3- 9 books read: APL Mini-Notebook and Pen
Level 4- 12 books read: APL Insulated Cooler Bag

Pretty sweet prizes! You can collect the prizes at your local Albany Public Library branch when you have reached a level!

Each week, we’ll put up a new post on this Goodreads group. When you finish a book, comment under that week’s post with the title and author of the book or books you finished. Feel free to include some thoughts about what you read! In each week's post, we'll also include a weekly reading list as inspiration. These books are just to give you some reading inspiration - don't feel obligated to stick to these lists of themes!

Please feel free to comment, stop by, or call any of the Albany Public Library branches if you have any questions!

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 9 comments Hello! I’m Jess, and I am super excited for summer reading to kick off and would love to be included. Looking forward to seeing what you all are reading! :)

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Shoop | 15 comments Hello, I am looking forward to being signed up for the summer reading program 2018! I am happy to have time to read books other than the ones for my classroom :)

message 4: by EMM (new)

EMM | 2 comments Actively participaing for the first time this year. I'm excited to learn about what others are reading!

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana | 84 comments I'm Diana, I have a bingo card, and I can't wait to fill it up!

message 6: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 44 comments I'll be participating in SRP online through this group. Laurie (name and user name)

message 7: by Kathleen (last edited Jun 22, 2018 08:00AM) (new)

Kathleen | 62 comments Ooh, sign me up! I'll go by "Kathy M" to avoid confusion.

message 8: by Diane Brown (new)

Diane Brown | 32 comments Alexandra wrote: "Hello all!

We are approaching the start of our APL Summer Reading Program for 2018! I wanted to send out a little information for those of you are who are interested in participating this year aga..."

Hi! I'm Diane. I'm also looking forward to the Summer Reading Program.

message 9: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (readersbeadvised) | 96 comments Mod
Always enjoy participating online and look forward to sunny summer reading! I’ve got a lot of books on my TBR pile!

message 10: by Mirkat (last edited Jun 26, 2018 12:50PM) (new)

Mirkat | 226 comments I am on board for the summer reading here in this group. :)

message 11: by Rich (new)

Rich Pearson-strain (richpearson-strain) | 43 comments Looking forward to all the reading, especially the inspiration that comes from seeing what others are reading (giving me a excuse to visit the library and pick up all the good books I see reviewed here).

-Rich Pearson-Strain

message 12: by Vince (new)

Vince  Quackenbush | 3 comments is seriously trying to fill bingo squares; it gives one an excuse to vary one's selections out of the box! I am hella excited to participate. However, lots of wahines, not so many kanes! Sign Vince up!

message 13: by Molly (new)

Molly | 15 comments Hooray! Super excited that summer has arrived and the reading program has started!
Happy Reading all!

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Please sign me up!
My username is mherkenham.
My preferred name is Michelle Herkenham.
Thanks and happy reading this summer!

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Swartwout | 4 comments Please, sign me up. Anne is my preferred name. Thanks!

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily (slushies) | 16 comments Please sign me up :)
My username and preferred name is Emily Thomas

message 17: by Scott (new)

Scott (scottjay) | 2 comments Scott J

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan (susande) | 219 comments Please sign me up!

Susan D'Entremont (think that is my user name and preferred name. It is also my real name. :-) )

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren C | 81 comments Woo! Welcome everyone, we are excited to start reading with you!

message 20: by Alexandra (new)

All of you who have commented above have been added to this year's Summer Reading Program! Please look for the weekly discussion groups, where I will post that week's theme, and you can comment what books you have completed! Remember, it doesn't matter when you STARTED the book, just that you finished it during the SRP time period!

Also remember to get your prizes from your local branch when you have reached a prize level!

message 21: by Jaybee (new)

Jaybee | 49 comments Please sign me up. I will go by Jennifer B. in case there are any other Jennifers.

message 22: by Mayra (new)

Mayra | 22 comments My name is Mayra and I would like to be signed up for this event. I’m excited to participate in this group once again! Looking forward to all the excellent book recommendations/suggestions of the group.

message 23: by Alexandra (new)

Jaybee and Mayra, I have signed you up for the programs! Please see the Week 1 discussion to see what book inspiration we have this week, and to add a post of what books you may have finished this week!

message 24: by Vince (new)

Vince  Quackenbush | 3 comments Clifton Park Library has a reading Bingo. Is it the same as Albany's?
Vince

message 25: by Alexandra (new)

Clifton Park is in a different library system, so they have a separate summer reading program. You are welcome to join their summer reading program as well if you have a library card to their system!

message 26: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melmetzger) | 1 comments Melanie here! Looking forward to a great summer of reading.

message 27: by Karie (new)

Karie Consider me signed up! IMy preferred name is Karie (Karie R. should there be another one of us out there...)

message 28: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 11 comments I'd like to sign up again for this summer! Meredith S.

Thanks!

message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie Kurtessis | 10 comments I'm in, my name is Katie. Fun idea!

message 30: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca  Angel (rebeccaangel) | 15 comments Hello. Rebecca here. Had fun last year and look forward to another summer of reading and sharing books :)

message 31: by Alissa Paige (new)

Alissa Paige | 6 comments Hi! My name is Alissa and I am looking forward to this summer reading program.
Yesterday I finished Agatha Christi's, The ABC Murders. It was a very entertaining quick read.

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 5 comments Please sign me up. Lauren T. Thanks!

message 33: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Marsico | 10 comments Jessica here, sign me up! wildmntnhoney works as a username if one is necessary for this programming.

message 34: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Lasky | 2 comments Hi! I would like to join the summer reading program. My name is Katelyn Lasky and I look forward to seeing what others read. I just finished reading “The Rocks” by Peter Nichols and “You are a Badass” by Jen Sincero.

message 35: by Charles (new)

Charles Pensabene (charliep1) | 2 comments Please sign me up. Charlie P. Thanks!

message 36: by Alexandra (new)

Everyone who commented above has been added to our registration! If you have finished a book this week, remember to head over to our Week 1 discussion thread and make a post of what books you completed!

message 37: by Jen (last edited Jun 28, 2018 06:14PM) (new)

Jen (jenb_jb_jb) | 10 comments Please sign me up! Jen B. I'll be participating via audiobooks galore!

message 38: by Paul (last edited Jul 02, 2018 12:14PM) (new)

Paul R | 46 comments Please sign me up for the reading program. I am Paul R. I just finished an ARC , Before Twelve by Robin Edwards. It was a good introduction to the series. I am reading ARC Leathally Married by Jennifer Jones now. Listening to A Map to Destiny by Nicole Ellis on my Echo Tap.

message 39: by Kristopher (new)

Kristopher Aadahl (hawaiianguy3) | 23 comments Hello, is like to be signed up please. My name's Kris and username is hawaiianguy3. Thanks!

message 40: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 6 comments Hi - I'm Kendra and am signing up for the summer -- this is my incentive to read more fiction. I am about halfway through Carl Hiassen's /Native Tongue/ and enjoying the quirky perspective on South Florida through a light crime drama.

message 41: by Vickie (new)

Vickie | 36 comments I'm most happy to participate in this group. Would not have seen it if not for Rebecca Angel Maxwell!! Yay!!

message 42: by Jessica (last edited Jul 02, 2018 07:57AM) (new)

Jessica Marsico | 10 comments Will week 2 be posted today? Also, how exactly does this group and the books listed in the threads correlate with the bingo sheet?

message 43: by Anna (new)

Anna (ambiologist) | 9 comments I would like to join please. My name is Anna (username AMbiologist)

message 44: by Anna (new)

Anna (annamayb) | 1 comments Hi, I'd like to sign up. First name is Anna, username is annamayb. Thanks!

message 45: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 80 comments Mod
Everyone who commented above has been added to our registration. If you have finished a book this week (it's only Monday, I know), you can head over to our new Week 2 discussion thread and make a post of the books you completed!

message 46: by Diane Brown (new)

Diane Brown | 32 comments Hi. I tried to sign up a couple of weeks ago but realize that I did not provide my user name.

My first name is Diane and my user name is Diane Brown.

message 47: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 80 comments Mod
Diane wrote: "Hi. I tried to sign up a couple of weeks ago but realize that I did not provide my user name.

My first name is Diane and my user name is Diane Brown."

Noted. Thank you, Diane!

message 48: by Alexandra (new)

Jessica wrote: "Will week 2 be posted today? Also, how exactly does this group and the books listed in the threads correlate with the bingo sheet?"

@Jessica, the Bingo sheet you can get at the branches is just for fun and inspiration! Keep track of the books you have read on the back of the sheet; or if you prefer online, just comment on the current week's post of what books you have finished! We will keep track of the ones you post online, or if you hand in your sheet to a branch, we will log them in that way! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

message 49: by Joel (new)

Joel Margolis | 7 comments I want to sign up. Joel Margolis you can use Joel as my user name.

message 50: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (tetchy) | 16 comments Sign me up! Username: Tetchy, Name: Valerie

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.