Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Cocoa Beach by Beatriz Williams. 3.2 stars

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9341 comments A solid three. I like this author, preferred Coming of Age, my first novel of hers. This was the second. I began to get engaged in the twists and turns and the mystery, and the lush setting.

I would consider this a poolside or beach read. Not a not to be missed. But I was glad to continue another aspect of the story from the recent first novel.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments This was probably my least favorite of Williams's novels. I also liked Coming of Age, but her books about the Schuyler sisters are by far my favorite: The Secret Life of Violet Grant, Tiny Little Thing, and Along the Infinite Sea.

Actually, that is a lie. My favorite of hers is her very first book, Overseas, which is a time travel romance!

She has a new book coming out very soon, The Summer Wives, and I want to read it in hopes that it will be more like her Schuyler sisters books, but if it is not then she may be bumped off my list of authors that I rush out to read!

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6389 comments Nicole R wrote: "This was probably my least favorite of Williams's novels. I also liked Coming of Age, but her books about the Schuyler sisters are by far my favorite: The Secret Life of Violet Grant ... and I was hooked.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6389 comments Okay Goodreads has done it twice now ..... I tried to reply to your remark, Nicole and it just deletes most of what I write and adds my last little bit of remark to the italicized beginning.

W T F ?!!!

Anyway .... I think you were the one who introduced me to Beatriz Williams back on Shelfari. The first one I read was A Hundred Summers. And I was hooked!

message 5: by Nicole R (last edited Jun 22, 2018 06:50AM) (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Book Concierge wrote: "I think you were the one who introduced me to Beatriz Williams back on Shelfari. The first one I read was A Hundred Summers. And I was hooked! "

I almost picked that one as my favorite! I loved that one because of its setting in Rhode Island.

And Linda is the one who got me hooked with Overseas! Ah, what would we do without PBT?!? I hope we never have to find out.

message 6: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2666 comments You are evil, evil women. Yet another author for the list ...

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9341 comments Again, I really enjoyed A Certain Age. I’d heard that this one was maybe one of her week or novels. And certainly wasn’t terrible. She still on my list too.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have not read this author but now I'm intrigued. My TBR list just continues to grow.

message 9: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2666 comments There are a couple available on our library app - so I got out ‘The Wicked City’. Well, I’m in New York at the moment so it seemed vaguely appropriate