Start by marking “Tiny Little Thing (Schuyler Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tiny Little Thing (Schuyler Sisters, #2)

Tiny Little Thing

(Schuyler Sisters #2)

In the summer of 1966, Christina Hardcastle—“Tiny” to her illustrious family—stands on the brink of a breathtaking future. Of the three Schuyler sisters, she’s the one raised to marry a man destined for leadership, and with her elegance and impeccable style, she presents a perfect camera-ready image in the dawning age of television politics. Together she and her husband, F ...more
Published June 23rd 2015 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Tiny Little Thing, please sign up.
Jenny Brown Nope. There is sex, complicated emotions, secrets, and other delightful entanglements.
Vanessa not at all! they are linked, but only very lightly. I think the other two are stronger (and juicier!) than this one---enjoy!

Christina
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars...Possibly my favorite novel by Beatriz Williams yet.

This is the second installment of the Schuyler sisters, the story about Christina " Tiny " Hardcastle, the oldest of the 3 Schuyler sister's. It's the summer of 1966. Tiny and her husband, Frank Hardcastle are on the brink of a wonderful future. They are the ultimate power couple : intelligent, rich and attractive. Frank is destined for leadership and has his sights set on the United States Congress. Tiny presents a perfect camera r
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Just as lovely as the previous Beatriz Williams books I have read. However, I wished I had started with The Secret Life of Violet Grant, then this book to end with Along the Infinite Sea. Instead if starting with Along the Infinite Sea, then The Secret Life of Violet Grant and end with this book. Also, as much as I liked Tiny is it Pepper (star of Along the Infinite Sea) that I truly adored!
I've always felt somewhat sorry for people in the public eye. They live without the luxury of secrets or much privacy of any kind really. The world could know at a moments notice. That kind of life takes some tough skin.

Christina “Tiny” Hardcastle has the complete opposite of tough skin. She is prim, proper, sweet, submissive, and is married to an up-and-coming politician. She has been carefully groomed for her role of perfect wife but she feels anything but perfect under the firm expectations
Chelsey Wolford
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am left speechless after finishing what I consider to be one of the most engrossing novels that I have had the privilege of reading in 2015. The characters and their secrets pulled me into this Kennedy style family and left me feeling so incomplete and lost when the story was done. This book will proudly sit atop my favorite’s shelf and will be read over and over again. The story follows Christina “Tiny” Hardcastle in her life being married to a rising politician and the story is definitely he ...more
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Very disappointing and brings nothing new to the historical fiction genre. I liked the 60's setting, but I could see where this was going about a chapter in - hoped to be wrong but wasn't. Very chick-lit and appropriate beach reading, but instantly forgettable.
Lynn
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It is the story of Tiny Schuyler Hardcastle, married to Frank who is running for Congress in 1966. She is the perfect wife to the perfect candidate, but both of them are hiding secrets that could destroy them.

Just before she married Frank, she met Caspian Harrison in 1964. The book alternates between these two time periods and between Tiny’s POV and Caspian’s POV. This makes for an interesting juxtaposition as to what was happening during this time period.

The book just kin
Elizabeth
First, thank you to NetGalley and Penguin Group Putnam for this book. I am providing my honest review.

This book was just okay to me. First of all, I didn't like the name "Tiny," so that drove me crazy throughout. Second, the story seemed so much like a rehash of the JFK stories we've all heard that I just felt like I knew everything. The story and characters themselves were okay. But there was something missing - emotion, maybe.

I've read another book by this author, which I loved so I'm not givi
JoAnne Pulcino
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
TINY LITTLE THING

Beatriz Williams

Ms. Williams is fast becoming my go to author when I need an escape and she does a good job.

This Kennedy story even set in Cape Cod with a man being groomed to be president by his wealthy father is an excellent look at the extremes the powerful will use. The woman he married has been groomed to be a presidential wife who discovers she doesn't know herself what she wants, and is slowly being strangled.

Of course there is the military decorated cousin who sizzles an
Holly
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Even though the Hardcastles and their story was borrowed heavily from the Kennedy's own story/history, I still enjoyed this. Perhaps its because I love anything to do with the Kennedys that I did like this. I do think, however, that the author could have made some differences, for instance being from a different part of town other than Brookline, Massachusetts.

Can't wait to see what Pepper gets up to in the next book, though.
Candice
Aug 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Barf. Absolute banality. Language so in love with itself it certainly doesn't need ME to admire it. And so flowery that I believe it induced early menopause. Such tidy endings that it read like a Harlequin Scooby Doo. And lest you forget the dainty stature of the titular character, the author reminds you of TIny's miniature physique Every. Single. Page. So although I know how ladylike and delicate she appeared, I have absolutely NO IDEA who she actually is. Her character was not defined or consi ...more
Barb
I recently read Beatriz Williams 'The Secret Life of Violet Grant' published last year, and really enjoyed it. Afterward I picked up her other books with mixed results, I liked 'A Hundred Summers' but couldn't get into 'Overseas'. The characters are what pulls you into these stories and while I loved Violet, I didn't feel as enamored with Lily (Hundred) or Tiny (Tiny Little Thing).

I did like much of this most recent story about the Schuyler family and their deep dark secrets. Tiny is Christina S
Carmon   Simon
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a very easy book to read. I enjoyed the story and the descriptive settings. I felt like I really heard each characters voice in the dialogue. It is a "chick-book" that I normally would not read but I'm glad the mom advice book club listed it for February.
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it

Secrets. We all have them, don’t we? But some secrets are a bit larger than others.

Tiny had a secret from her past that she definitely didn't want to be revealed especially since her husband was running for the Senate. But what is she going to be do with the photographs that keep appearing in her mailbox along with the blackmail notes.

Then when the person she thinks sent the photographs appears at a family gathering, things start to get sticky.

TINY LITTLE THING is a book that has characters that
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Christina "Tiny" Schuyler is a New York socialite good girl who always does everything right. That includes marrying blue-blooded Boston Brahmin, Frank Hardcastle, who is bound for political greatness (think Jack Kennedy). As Frank is on the campaign trail, Tiny stays at the Hardcastle family compound on Cape Cod. While she's there, she receives a package containing incriminating photos from her past, and a demand for money lest the photos be made public. While she considers what to do, and who ...more
Nicole R
It is officially summer: I read the newest Beatriz Williams book. Because, how can it possibly be summer without that?!?

I am going to jump out here and say that my review is inflated due to my crazy love of Beatriz Williams and that I am wildly entertained by her novels. I don't really know how to describe them:

Contemporary fiction? They take place in the 60's or before so that doesn't really fit.

Romance? Yes, there is usually a romantic storyline but it is not sappy and overwrought.

Suspense?
Debbie Stone
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
For the longest time I didn't read Women's Fiction, then, I read one of Karen White's book (Long Time Gone) THEN I read 'The Secret Life of Violet Grant' by Beatriz Williams and I was hooked! I always thought it too light for me. I wanted to read something with substance--but here's the thing--I ENJOYED these books. They weren't a chore or something I felt like I had to finish. I liked the characters and the stories.

Yes, sometimes there is too much of a 'happy ending' but I haven't found that in
Tonya
I've loved Beatriz Williams' books ever since I first read Overseas. Tiny Little Thing is the story of Christina aka Tiny Schuyler. She is the sister of Vivian from The Secret Life of Violet Grant. She gets a mere mention in that book but trust that there is definitely a story for her.

This book is set in the 1960's. I don't read many novels set in this era and I'm not sure why not. This time period is actually pretty interesting. It's a time that's kind of stuck in between old school and new sc
Anita
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read and loved all Beatriz Williams' books and I adored Tiny Little Thing. She has a wonderful style that is quite unique and draws you right into the page. I knew you some of the characters from the previous book and now can't wait for the final installment. Really well done and a pleasure from beginning to end!
Diana Botto
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is way more like 4.5 stars for me. Beatriz Williams is definitely one of my favorite authors. I have loved every single book she writes! She usually has a new book every summer and they are the best beach reads imaginable. Great story, great characters, great ending and I could not put down!! Definitely recommend!!
Zen Traveler
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the second of three books set mostly in the 1960s with the beautiful, wealthy Schuyler sisters as main characters. Tiny, the oldest Schuyler sister marries into a wealthy Massachusetts political family, very reminiscent of the Camelot era.
Rhonda Ruff
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! This is my first book by this author and I plan on reading more! Real page turner with lots of good twists!
Jessica Jeffers
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Beatriz Williams does such a great job writing soapish melodrama that's fun and surprising without being mindless.
Kerri
Jun 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
I suppose if you never read a book before in your life you might think this was literature.
Nancy
Dec 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
DNF. Half way through I all I was getting was more aggravated with the characters and the lack of any plot so I ditched it.
Michele Finnell
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where did my review go??? I just wrote a whole paragraph and it disappeared!

Well, let me just summarize, my heart has been pounding for the last 3 hours, my cheeks are red which tells me my blood pressure is up and it’s not because of the RS/Yankees game! Holy Cow what a spellbinding book, I couldn’t stop reading it! I have to be up in 5 hours! Erika, Ashleigh, Patty, Jessie, I don’t remember who recommended it, but yikes I couldn’t put it down! But if you are looking for a recommendation, you h
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nothing stressful about this read. A nice reading pleasure. Maybe what one might call a beach read or chick lit?
Ionia
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you like peeking behind the seemingly perfect exterior of the rich and famous, this is that kind of book.

In a word: Interesting.

This novel proves once more that everything is not always as perfect as it seems. I really enjoyed reading it. This is a very character-driven story and the personalities fit the plot perfectly. The author was good about making names distinguishable so it was easy to keep the characters separated.

Family dynamics play a large role here, but there is also politics, s
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
Christina, otherwise known as Tiny, has grown up in a high society family and her mother always pushed her to do more, be more; after all, she is destined for great things. Well, it appears that is so as she married into the very prestigious Hardcastle family. Her husband, Frank, is running for Congress and the year is 1966. Everything is going as planned, until she receives a note with a photograph that is essentially blackmail. This turns Tiny's world upside down. Frank isn't even home at the ...more
Rosanna
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I had read two of the author's previous books and really enjoyed them because they are well written and because it ended up that some of the characters in each book are related to each other. I love when books have connections because I hate when stories end, and I like knowing about characters and their families.

I was excited to learn that "Tiny Little Thing" was about the sister of Vivian in "The Secret Life Of Violet Grant," which I really enjoyed. While I liked "Tiny Little Thing," it didn't
Sarah at Sarah's Book Shelves
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Originally posted on my blog: www.sarahsbookshelves.com

If you read this blog regularly (especially around summer time!), you know that Williams’ A Hundred Summers is my favorite quintessential beach read…and she’s back with another book that’s perfect for summer! The Hardcastle family that Tiny married into is a bit Kennedy and a bit Cleary from “Wedding Crashers”. Tiny struggles against the family’s expectations to portray a pretty picture at all costs. And, her struggle with her identity as a
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 May 11, 2015 11:08AM

• Remembering Sarah
  • The Underground Railroad
  • White Collar Girl
  • Slow Dancing on Price's Pier

Schuyler Sisters (3 books)
  • The Secret Life of Violet Grant (Schuyler Sisters #1)
  • Along the Infinite Sea (Schuyler Sisters #3)
“Because you learn things when you talk to people, especially people who aren't like you. You learn what a goddamned polyglot race we are, we marvelous human beings. Some people are friendly. Some people are gruff. Some want security. Others want independence. Some want the government to run things. Some want to run things on their own. Some people need a helping hand. Some people need a kick in the pants. Some want to live and to die in the same small town. Some want to ramble the wide world. Some are content with little. Some cannot stop striving. Some want to life beside a true love, to worship a single god. Some crave a universe of loves, a universe of gods. I could go on and on. The differences between them, between me and you, between you and the woman sitting next to you at the hairdresser, wearing that dress you'd never wear in a million years, reading that book you wouldn't touch. The genius of politics, of people like Frank, is to link them all, understand them all, to represent them all. Not just the ones you agree with, the ones that think and act like you do.” 5 likes
“What would that be like, not to give a damn what the other women think?” 3 likes