What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > I think it's Sci-fi or fantasy. I can only remember a sub plot to it is difficult! Boy loves best friends girlfriend, in later life they have an affair

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Imogen (new)

Imogen Taylor | 4 comments This is a subplot of a book which is driving me mad because i cant rwmember the main plot and therefore cant figure out what it is!! This is a story about a young boy whose mother dies I think maybe his father was a dentist and he leaves his hometown to attend college. I believe it was a prestigious one he doesn't fit in here he doesn't have much money so he ends up working and then he meets his roommate who turns out to be a very popular older boy at the college who attends lots of parties and introduces him to new people and get him involved in this new world. they also meet a girl who becomes friends and they end up being a 3 gang she ends up in a relationship with the other popular boy but the main character is in love with her. they go to a beach house of the popular boy and he proposes to her and she's unhappy and the main guy is unhappy. he returns to his father's house at some point in the book and I believe he meets the woman again when they're older and they have an affair. They are going to run away together but something bad happens to one of them and they dont. Maybe she has a heart attack on the train or something? The main guy who is old now meets a girl in a bar and she takes him back to hers but she has a kid. I think he accidentally kills her.

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments What made it fantasy or science fiction?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40686 comments Mod
Imogen, please add a few plot details to your header. This could get your book recognized more quickly.

message 4: by Imogen (new)

Imogen Taylor | 4 comments Well the issue is I can't remember the main plot which is what would identify the books genre fully. This is a backstory bit of a book. But most if not all books I read are too some extent fantasy or sci-fi.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40686 comments Mod
Imogen, are you still looking for this or did you find it?