Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Daddy-Long-Legs (Daddy-Long-Legs, #1)
This topic is about Daddy-Long-Legs
Book Issues > English version showing as translation

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (silviaceravolo) | 257 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
This is the default edition. It says it's English, but the header info shows it's an Arabic translation. Maybe the most read version is in Arabic, and if that's the case, it should show as all Arabic I guess and the language shouldn't be English.

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Jun 17, 2018 02:28PM) (new) - added it

Abcdarian | 23477 comments This was listed as the Hodder & Stoughton original 1912 edition, so I replaced the Puffin cover with the original from abebooks and removed the Arabic translators. The Puffin cover edition is there as well.

lethe | 14886 comments This sort of thing happens when an edition in another language (in this case, Persian) is merged into the default :(

lethe | 14886 comments Abcdarian wrote: "This was listed as the Hodder & Stoughton original 1912 edition, so I replaced the Puffin cover with the original from abebooks and removed the Arabic translators. The Puffin cover edition is there..."

Since the default will not be the original edition from 1912, somebody probably added the original pub date to the Puffin edition instead of the edition's pub date.