Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee - 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (last edited Jun 19, 2018 12:30AM) (new)

Tara (taraash) | 25 comments The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Guide, #1) by Mackenzi Lee
This took me wayyy to long to finish for no good reason. I read the majority of this story in about 2 days, but then finals came around and it just wasn't' a priority. I really wish I would have finished it sooner though because it was so good. I feel like this book had the perfect story to start off my Summer reading. The only way I can think to describe The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue is Fun. It was so much more exciting than I was anticipating.

It’s about this boy, Monty and his best friend, Percy, going on a grand tour in 1700 England. His sister, Felicity, is also there to accompany them. Monty is looking forward to some freedom from his family and the chance to have fun with his best friend and longtime crush, Percy, but things don’t go according to plan.

Monty, the narrator, really grew on me. At first he comes off
as quite pompous and arrogant, and to an extent he is, but I can't help but find him charming. He tries his best to put up a brave front throughout their adventures, but at some point it becomes glaringly obvious that Monty's just a scarred kid.
I loved Percy more than anyone else in the whole novel. He, unlike Monty, seemed to think his actions through and consider the consequences. He was so wonderful to read about. It’s easy to see why Monty loved him so much. I did take off one star though because I just couldn’t seem to care much about Felicity and sometimes she even got a bit annoying.

I almost ended up giving 5 stars just because of how amazing the ending was lol. It was perfect and just made it all worth it. It definitely isn’t something believable, but like I said it’s fun and, more than anything else, cute.

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2672 comments Such a fun title! I’m glad it lived up to it :)