Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Delta: Retribution (Delta, #1)
This topic is about Delta
Policies & Practices > Unpublished Book with reviews?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments I recently read this novella as a part of an anthology. When I went to go look up additional information I found this book page with 35 ratings and 18 reviews.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

There is no ID number of any type. I cannot locate it for sale anywhere as a standalone (vs the anthology). There's no info that I can find on the author's website. When I search the publisher...I can only find this Mill Creek Press: http://millcreek-press.com/ which seems to not publish romance and only appears to have 3 books currently for sale.

So. All that means is that I'm confused and I would like some help.

Obviously the book exists somewhere - I have the anthology copy - but I'm guessing that it has not been released as yet (in standalone form).

Should I change the published date to TBD?

So....

message 2: by Monique (new) - added it

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments It was added by the author herself. We can always message and ask if she knows which month it might come out as a standalone.

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments Monique wrote: "It was added by the author herself. We can always message and ask if she knows which month it might come out as a standalone."

TBH, I don't feel comfortable messaging the author regarding this issue. A lot of authors already think librarians are part of GR Staff...and so I feel that PMing the author about "business" might further that idea. I also feel like I would be overstepping my boundaries.

message 4: by Monique (new) - added it

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments OK. :)

Karma♥Bites ^.~ (karma_bites) | 947 comments FYI, thought I posted earlier but a gremlin seems to have eaten it :(

Author announced standalone release 'sometime between August-October 2014'. To be safe, I used the later date. :)
see www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1913150-...

Cristin (cristinharber) | 8 comments Hi, guys. I just saw this and thank you KarmaBites for linking to the publishing information.

Delta: Retribution was published in a boxset called Hot Alpha SEALs: Military Romance Megaset on 7/22. The novella is now available on Amazon and Kobo, and should be available via Barnes & Noble, iBooks, and other distributors shortly.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for all you guys do to keep GR running smoothly. Best wishes, Cristin

message 7: by Karma♥Bites ^.~ (last edited Aug 10, 2014 11:25PM) (new)

Karma♥Bites ^.~ (karma_bites) | 947 comments Cristin, thanks for the FYI. If & when you can, would be great if you could post the applicable ISBN(s) here.

For now, I'll update the pub date on the existing ebook edition & create a Kindle one.

ETA: Noticed slight change from pre-release cover so updated that as well.

Cristin (cristinharber) | 8 comments KarmaBites, I think I listed the ISBN number appropriately. Thanks!