Start by marking “Delta: Retribution (Delta, #1)” as Want to Read:
Delta: Retribution (Delta, #1)

Delta: Retribution

(Delta #1)

Fallen Navy SEAL and Titan Group’s Delta recruit Trace Reeves wants nothing more than a one-night stand to forget that his twin brother was killed-in-action. But when his one-time fling becomes his high value target, the lines blur between her rescue mission and saving himself.

Delta: Retribution is the first title in the new Delta series, a spin off from the Titan series.
Published August 8th 2014 by Mill Creek Press

To ask other readers questions about Delta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delta

Claire Robinson
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 "If anyone could make me want to be normal, it'd be you." Stars.

Delta: Retribution is the first work of Cristin Harber's that I have read, and as novellas go it is pretty good. Lots of action, sexy-times and likeable characters.

Trace and Marlena were both characters with their own personal demons, but for all that really likeable. After a chance meeting, and subsequent one night stand in Germany, neither of them expects to bump into the other again, No full names, no contact details, and hot
J.B. Salsbury
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you throw a cocky twenty-something who thinks he's invincible into a room with the Master of Everything Jared Westin?

Tension. Atomic-bomb style!

If you enjoyed the Titan boys, you will absolutely FLIP for this New Adult twist on Titan. The first two chapters will have you hooked and you won't be able to click fast enough to find out how it all ends!

Trace is angry and out for revenge. The chip on his shoulder is heavy and something he'd prefer carry on his own. Joining Delta
Bea  Charmed
This was my first book by Harber and probably my last. There was a frustrating lack of detail, the story was not believable, I spotted the bad guy immediately though the identity was meant to be a revelation later in the story, and the characters were poorly developed.

The narration was smug and smarmy and detracted from the story. It took me a while to decide if it was the narration killing the story for me or if the story was actually badly written. It ended up being both; the narration was tr
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Leigh's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I have not read any of Ms. Harber’s previous books, but reviews for her Titan’s series were fantastic. Coupled with the fact that I am a sucker for alpha military heroes, I had high expectations for this first book in her spin off series. And while a fun little book and a quick read, Retribution did not quite live up to my expectations.

Trace Reeves is the hero of this New Adult novella, which is the first in a spin off series, detailing the e
Kay
Retribution by Cristin Harber

This novella kicks off a new series, although linked with her Titan series, from Cristin Harber. The best way I can describe it is that they help Titan in their military assignments but are more of a ghost team.

This novella is about Trace, a Navy SEAL who has jeopardized his career, life and sanity in his quest for his slain twin brother's dog tags. This quest has literally consumed him. In an effort to forget his pain for just a little while, he has a one night stan
Michele
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic start to a new series! Delta: Retribution, the first in the Delta series, is a spin off of Cristin Harber’s Titan series, which I adore! Brock is the new team leader of Delta. Yay! I love me some Brock Gamble! Please read Gambled by Cristin Harber to see why ☺.

Just like the books in the Titan series, Delta: Retribution contains one very hot hero, a smart and sassy heroine, exciting action, swoony romance, and fun banter.

And we got to see Jared and Brock again! Yippee!

I would hi
Mandy
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ok, so a lot happened in a short period of time in this novella.  Cristin Harber can cram a lot of character and plot development into a story and the fact that this is a novella certainly did not deter her.  Trace.  Hmmmm.  I kinda had a hard time with him at first until there was a comparison of the Titan guys and Delta guys made about midway or so and it clarified (for me) why I felt less connected to Trace.  Now, don't get me wrong, I liked Trace, I think I just had a hard time warming up to ...more
Heather
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed this book, I didn't love it as much as I loved the Titan series. However, this is a novella and not a full-length novel which does change things. It does provide the beginnings of a new series about the Delta team which is a spin-off from the original Titan series, so thankfully we will see some old familiar faces in future books. Knowing how much I enjoyed the Titan series I will definitely look forward to the next entry just because Cristin Harber writes great military romantic ...more
Claudia
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love love LOVE this author. Her writing is superb, the action keeps me turning the page as fast as possible and the romance... Ahhh the romance. I sigh reading Harber's heroes. Always waiting for the next book!!! Five golden ---does my heart good -- romance stars!!
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Gemini

As the first title in the Delta series, this was a great start to what I am sure will be another great military romance from Cristin Harber. Delta: Retribution has all of the great elements that I love from the Titan Series. Since I have read several of the books from the Titan Series, I knew a lot of the players but that had no affect on my understanding of this title. Besides, all I really care about is how many people get their butts kicked and if anything blows up. Delta: R
Jessica
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another middle of the road book. This either needed more pages to develop the internal drama or sacrificing the internal drama for the sake of the story. The author just crammed too much in a fairly short book and it didn't leave a lot of room to develop...Well anything. It felt like we started somewhere in the middle. The characters aren't boring but they aren't very fleshed out either. They both have major emotional issues that are either not explored or rushed through because there's also mas ...more
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Titan boys and their girls.
Kim
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars

So much anger lived within him, and he couldn't let it go.

Trace Reeves, the newest recruit to Delta Team is fighting demons. They haunt him, cause him feelings of guilt and loss, and getting retribution has taken over his life. Delta Team is his last chance to save his career since he has gone a bit rogue. He is a man on a mission. He gets antsy in one place and is constantly searching for answers to get some peace.

Delta was a ghost team. They weren't meant to traipse into war rooms. T
Pam
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Trace Reeves is a Navy SEAL....who has been kicked off his SEAL team. He had a twin brother, Michael, who was killed in action. But his dog tags were gone. Trace has one goal....find his brothers dog tags. And he will do anything to find them, including go AWOL, miss mission formation and all kinds of other things. And it catches up with him.
Marlena McCloud is a very smart woman, who is working on a degree in biological engineering. Unfortunately for her, she published a paper with a biologic
Tory Michaels
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I think this is the first Cristin Harber book I haven't been absolutely enthralled with. For me, I just didn't connect with the characters nor their journey to fall in love. It seemed more forced than in prior books. I also didn't find some of the plot particularly believable (Marlena's top secret job and how she got it).

The story starts out well, with the one-night stand between Trace and Marlena. I thought it was going to be a great book, based on that, followed with how Trace got drafted into
Kame
This is going to be another fantastic series by Cristin Harber!

Trace has no real purpose and he can hardly breathe; he is on a mission to complete. The SEALS don't want him anymore - but Jared Westin thinks he would be the right fit for Delta team.

Trace is everything we expect from a Cristin Harber hero. He is a little broken, a whole lot of alpha and has a soft side too. I ached for him at times and cheered when his mission was complete. I look forward to getting to know him even better in futu
Nicola
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge fan of Cristin Harber's Titan series, so reading the first in her spin-off series was a no brainer. She never fails in bringing couples to love along with a story filled with action, passion, humour and feeling.

Being a novella, everything was condensed and it didn't give me the time to really become invested in our couple. But I liked Trace and Marlena together; they had great chemistry in and out of the bedroom and their journey brought a lesser version of the action, twists, heartf
Nikki Brooks
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cristin-harber
I won a copy this book in a giveaway and was not disappointed!!!

I loved the Titan Men and was looking forward to meeting the Delta boys. This series looks to be a Titan: the Next Generation and i for one am a happy bunny.

Cristin has kept up the pace of writing which makes reading the book a bit like watching a film in your head, something she shares with another brilliant writer, Matthew Reilly. The action is fast paced, sprinkled with fab one liners and a crackling chemistry between the lead ch
Jen Rattie
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I have a new set of boys to love. Trace is fantastic. I like how raw he is, you can almost feel it jump off the page. This is the first book of Cristin's that has actually made me tear up a bit. It takes a lot to get that from me lol.

Marlena is the perfect soulmate for him. She understands broken. She could write a book about it. Her life is nuts and here comes this tattooed, muscle-bound, sexy as hell guy to save her life. Somehow the two of them break through each other's walls and desp
Dísir
This felt as though I was reading New Adult Military romance, which was sort of strange after being exposed to the seasoned and hot Titan guys. The highlight of the story really was seeing Jared again and the show down with Trace that was expectedly over the top and a fight of the Alpha and the upcoming Alpha.

I'm still hung up on the main Titan guys but hey, I won't say no to a whole new Delta series, since they intrigued me from the moment they were mentioned.
Hope Frost
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
.I admit first and foremost I am not a fan of a novella, and was a little bummed when I saw it was so short, but one of the reasons I am not a fan of a novella is because there isn't enough information in them and they tend to feel rushed. That is NOT what I felt when I read Delta. I loved it, from cover to cover and my interest is peeked for the whole darn series.
Mignon Mykel
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED! Not that this surprises me, because every military romantic suspense Cristin has brought to the table has been fabulous.

While my Titan heart belongs to Rocco and Colby, I'm almost afraid not a single man on Delta will hold up to my expectations like Trace does... and he's just in a novella.

Shirley
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

I enjoyed this but unfortunately it suffered the curse of the novella……..it was just too short, I know its meant to be but I'm greedy what can I say!
I loved Trace and Marlena I just wanted to know more about them, it was a good introduction to this spin off series and I’m looking forward to reading more.
Negar Arvanaghi
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love Jared.

Brock is still in the doghouse. Thank God.

Trace and Mar are too cute!

Only a Titan man would consider injury a turn-on.

Why are all these men so sweet, and not real? Sigh.

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Lynette
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this author and every time she puts pen to paper the result is pure magic! This spin off series will definitely be amazing and as addicting as all of the books she writes. Hot alpha males and the strong women they love!
Katherine W.
Nice start to a new series.
Kelly
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great start to a new series. The characters are very likeable, the action believable and the sexiness is well written. Fans of the Titan group series will love it.
T.H. Hernandez
Delta: Retribution starts with a one-night stand between Trace and Mallory. A super-hot, intense, one-night stand. Trace is broken and Mallory is more than she appears, so we're not surprised when Mallory is the high value target or, HVT, that Trace and his team are sent in to rescue. What happens after is pure Cristin Harber.

Plot
Even though this is a novella, there's a lot going on. There's Trace's backstory and his determination to find his fallen brother's missing dog tags in the Afghan deser
Meka L. Rascoe
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read a few of Cristin Harber's books and loved them. For me, Retribution was a quick and interesting read. I almost didn't give this book a shot after reading some of the less than stellar reviews. Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and what one person enjoys, another may not. That's just the way it is.

However, I sincerely enjoyed this story. Would I have loved for it to have been longer? Absolutely! Then Ms. Harber could have given a much deeper, even more emotional insi
Wendy
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author so I had no idea what to expect. Trace is a SEAL who is in trouble with his CO and team. His twin brother was killed by insurgents and his dog tags were never found. Trace can't get past his grief and has focused on finding the dog tags no matter what the cost. He hooks up with a one night stand Mallory in Germany and she ducks out when he goes to start the shower. Several weeks later he has become part of Delta team and is in South America looking for a kid ...more
Delta Airlines Booking Number 1 1 Aug 21, 2017 05:47AM
Goodreads Librari...: Unpublished Book with reviews? 8 100 Aug 11, 2014 06:42PM
Megaset and Standalone 1 10 Jul 15, 2014 07:30AM
  • Dangerous Territory (Alpha Ops, #1)
  • Betrayal (The Surgical Strike Unit, #2)
  • Honor Unraveled (Red Team, #3)
  • Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3)
  • Stone Hard SEALs (Stone Hard SEALs #1-2)
  • Danger Close (Bagram Special Ops, #4)
  • Honor Reclaimed (HORNET, #2)
  • Wild on You (Justiss Alliance, #1)
  • Code Name: Kayla's Fire (A Warrior's Challenge, #2)
  • Breaking Away (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #3)
  • Hot Rebel (Hostile Operations Team, #6)
  • At the Edge (Alpha Crew, #1)
  • Fallen SEAL Legacy (SEAL Brotherhood, #2)
  • Rude (House Of Payne, #4)
  • Sweetest Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #3)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
Cristin Harber is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author. She writes sexy romantic suspense, military romance, and new adult. Fans voted her onto Amazon's Top Picks for Debut Romance Authors in 2013, and her debut Titan series was both a #1 romantic suspense and #1 military romance bestseller.

The Titan Series:
Chased
Sava

Delta (4 books)
  • Revenge (Delta, #2)
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • Delta: Ricochet (Delta #4)