Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Mini Readathon Two - June 8 - June 11

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Sorry this is going up late! Chat with us and let us know your goals for ths second weekend of the challsnge! I extended our readathon date by one day.

message 2: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I'm hoping I can finish one book. If not, I at least want to make it through a good chunk of a couple.

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I hope for 700 pages for this one.

message 4: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
I'm hoping to finish Ace of Shades today. I've been dragging my feet with it and I just want to be done with it

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments So many goals. So little time! lol

message 6: by Jamie (new)

Jamie So far between yesterday and today I finished 2 books but one was super easy.
The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3) by Lemony Snicket Otomen, Vol. 7 (Otomen, #7) by Aya Kanno

So 404 pages so far already. Going to up the goal a small amount to 750. Might up it again later but we shall see how the weekend progresses.

message 7: by Jamie (last edited Jun 09, 2018 11:29AM) (new)

Jamie Bookbuyer wrote: "So many goals. So little time! lol"

There never seems to be enough time unfortunately. I say all book lovers should get an extra, hidden hour (or 2...) a day just to read. :)

message 8: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
I read like 20 pages so far 😂😂 I might go far a walk and read outside for a bit. Idk yet

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "So many goals. So little time! lol"

There never seems to be enough time unfortunately. I say all book lovers should get an extra, hidden hour (or 2...) a day just to read. :)"

I agree!

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments I'm hoping to finish Smoke in the Sun (Flame in the Mist, #2) by Renee Ahdieh and start An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir and Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 63569 comments Mod
Andrea wrote: "I'm hoping to finish Ace of Shades today. I've been dragging my feet with it and I just want to be done with it"

Want me to jump into that book instead of Red Queen right now? Or after I finish that??

message 12: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
Finish red queen first!!

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 63569 comments Mod
Lol will do!!

message 14: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
I think I read 50 more pages of Ace of Shades so far. Still like 300 pages left ugh

message 15: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I listened to some of Behemoth today. Hoping to read more of Age of War tonight.

message 16: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
Think I might try to avoid audiobooks on the weekends if I can.

message 17: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I don't listen as much on the weekend. I mostly listen while I drive, so that's usually during the week. I did have some time in the car this morning though.

message 18: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
Yeah I usually listen in the lab or while riding my bike places. Decided not to start anything today and I feel more relaxed since I haven't.

message 19: by Shorouk (new)

Shorouk Abd Elhamid (shoroukabdelhamid) I am hoping to finish From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon and Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley and start LIFEL1K3 (Lifelike, #1) by Jay Kristoff

message 20: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments That's great! I hate when reading starts to become stressful.

message 21: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Good luck with all these goals, everyone!

message 22: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
Finally over halfway done with Ace of shades! Definitely think I can finish it today 🤗

message 23: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
Debating what to read today: Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli or Let it Snow by John Green

message 24: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I've read some of Age of War today and hopefully will read more tonight. I'm really liking it so far. About 21% in. Probably won't finish a book thus weekend, but that's ok.

message 25: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Finished Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch and made progress in a few others.

Read between 600-700 pages so far for this readathon. Most pleased with myself. :)

message 26: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments That's great!

I also read some more of my HP book, so hopefully I can finish that fairly soon.

message 27: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
I finished Let it Snow which was okay--parts of it were really frustrating. Started leah and I absolutely love it so far!

message 28: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I read two John Green books and never plan to read another. He really just doesn't work for me

message 29: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (last edited Jun 10, 2018 04:32PM) (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
C.P. wrote: "I read two John Green books and never plan to read another. He really just doesn't work for me"

He's only one of the authors of the book. There's two others and each wrote a short story

message 30: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Ah, didn't realize that. Saw his name and was like nope. Hahaha.

message 31: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
No worries!

message 32: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I have to go to bed, but I really want to stay up and read Age of War. I am loving it. It's been a while since I've felt this invested in a book.

message 33: by Jamie (new)

Jamie C.P. wrote: "Ah, didn't realize that. Saw his name and was like nope. Hahaha."

That was my reaction. Read a couple of his and they did nothing for me either.
But I hope you like whichever one you pick Andrea!

message 34: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod
I read them both hahaha

message 35: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Woohoo! Great job then!

message 36: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9973 comments Mod

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.