Christian Nonfiction Lovers Book Club discussion

Author Meet & Greet > Introducing Our Authors & Their Books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 125 (125 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Susan, Moderator (last edited Jun 11, 2018 04:23PM) (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Christian Nonfiction Lovers,

Did you know that we have inspired authors in our membership just waiting to meet you? Members, feel free to pull up a chair and chat with our authors about their books. Send us any questions you have and we'll do our best to field them.

Authors, we hope you'll introduce yourselves and your books here. Chime in to say hi and tell us about your books. Just start a new topic thread under the Author Meet & Greet heading. Feel free to list your websites, blog alerts, & contact info here.

This is a brand new discussion board, so I'll get us started by introducing myself and highlighting my first book. I'm Susan Rohrer, an author-member and one of the moderators on Marja's team.

After a career in the entertainment business, I published my first nonfiction book. It's called The Holy Spirit - Spiritual Gifts: Amazing Power for Everyday People (Book 1). It's a scripturally grounded Bible Study peppered with true stories about the Holy Spirit and the supernatural wonders He still does today.

I've written a number of books since--other nonfiction titles including a Book 2 sequel to the first, plus some novels for those who love redeeming fiction. It's the way I've been given to "go into all the world"--all from my writing desk.

If you'd like to check out any of my books, just click on the cover below. And please feel free to comment or ask any questions you may have for me. I look forward to getting to know you here. :)

Susan Rohrer

The Holy Spirit - Spiritual Gifts: Books 1 & 2 and Other Nonfiction:
The Holy Spirit - Spiritual Gifts Book 1 Amazing Power for Everyday People (Illuminated Bible Study Guides) (2nd Edition) by Susan Rohrer The Holy Spirit – Spiritual Gifts Book 2 Surprisingly Supernatural Service Gifts (Holy Spirit, #2) by Susan Rohrer Pure in Heart - The Secret to Seeing God Visionary Christian Living by Susan Rohrer Secrets of the Dry Bones Ezekiel 37 1-14 - The Mystery of a Prophet's Vision (Illuminated Bible Study Guides Series) by Susan Rohrer Is God saying He's the One? Hearing from Heaven about That Man in Your Life by Susan Rohrer Healer of My Soul - Christian Counseling Memoirs Through Deep Waters with Jesus by Lucinda Russell Splash! Inspirational Quotations Refreshing Motivational Quotes to Sip, Savor, and Share (Devotional Reflections for Spirit-Filled Christian Living Series) by Susan Rohrer

Fiction:
Merry's Christmas a love story (Redeeming Romance Series Book 1) by Susan Rohrer Bright Christmas An Amish Love Story (Redeeming Romance Series) by Susan Rohrer Virtually Mine by Susan Rohrer Bridle My Heart - A Western Love Story Second Chance Cowboys (Redeeming Romance Series Book 5) by Susan Rohrer Gifted by Susan Rohrer What Laurel Sees by Susan Rohrer The Beautiful World by Susan Rohrer Grace Dawns - A Love Story Redeeming Relationships by Susan Rohrer

message 2: by Christian (last edited Jun 12, 2018 10:51AM) (new)

Christian Keel (christiankeel) | 7 comments Hi Christian Nonfiction Lovers,

I've just joined this group as a Christian author, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a longtime believer who is still married to my college sweetheart. I hold a very high view of Scripture as well as the covenant of marriage. So you might wonder why I've written the books I have in the Straight Talk Bible Study series:

Divorce - Remarriage and the Innocent Spouse:
Counseling for Betrayed Believers (Book One)

Though my marriage has been enduring, sadly that hasn't been the case for many who have sought me out, desperate to know what the Bible really has to say about divorce and remarriage. In searching the whole Bible in context on this topic, I discovered something profound: God's heart for the innocent spouse. I found clear biblical directives to address a variety of situations and how God rises to the defense of betrayed believers. If you've ever wanted a solid scriptural foundation that's consistent with the majority of Christian scholarship on this subject, this book is for you.

How to Spot a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing:
Vetting Christian Relationships (Book Two)

Book Two helps single believers to be more discerning about choosing a spouse. The problem with just marrying someone who says and appears to be a Christian is that the Bible warns of wolves, prowling churches and fellowships. They've learned how to look, walk, and talk like believers, just long enough to snare their unwitting prey. This Bible Study helps all who are seeking marriage to see past the surface and vet the true character of the person underneath. It's a must-read for anyone seeking a spouse.

Christian Keel

Interested in either of these books? Click the cover below:

Divorce – Remarriage and the Innocent Spouse Counseling for Betrayed Believers (Straight Talk Bible Study, Book One) by Christian Keel How to Spot a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing Vetting Christian Relationships (Straight Talk Bible Study Book 2) by Christian Keel

message 3: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Oh Susan, how wonderful... from the entertainment industry to a book about the Holy Spirit to a wholes list of books. This is quite a journey. When are you going to write about your life? In might be an inspiration to others.

message 4: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Christian, such timely topics, many believers are struggling in their relationships. Thanks for highlighting your books here. Are you working on anything new?

message 5: by Susan, Moderator (last edited Jun 11, 2018 03:00PM) (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Marja wrote: "Oh Susan, how wonderful... from the entertainment industry to a book about the Holy Spirit to a whole list of books. This is quite a journey. When are you going to write about your life? In might ..."

Yes, it's been quite an adventure. With each production and publication, my life becomes more of an open book. The nonfiction books are all peppered with true stories from my life and loved ones. You'll notice a lot of entertainment industry-related anecdotes in the book you ordered, Pure in Heart - The Secret to Seeing God: Visionary Christian Living. And in subtle ways, my films and novels reflect my journey of faith.

Truthfully, I was shy at first about telling my personal stories in my books, but an agent urged me to include them so readers can get to know me and see how the biblical principles in my books apply to modern-day life in the Spirit.

message 6: by Christian (last edited Jun 12, 2018 10:51AM) (new)

Christian Keel (christiankeel) | 7 comments Marja wrote: "Hi Christian, such timely topics, many believers are struggling in their relationships. Thanks for highlighting your books here. Are you working on anything new?"

No new books in the works at the moment, but I'll keep you posted. With so many struggling with their relationships as you said, I hope these books will be a timely help.

Divorce – Remarriage and the Innocent Spouse Counseling for Betrayed Believers (Straight Talk Bible Study, Book One) by Christian Keel How to Spot a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing Vetting Christian Relationships (Straight Talk Bible Study Book 2) by Christian Keel

message 7: by Craig (new)

Craig Dressler (craigdressler) | 2 comments It's nice to see a revamped group. I am one of the Christian authors here and have written a Christian nonfiction teen book entitled Character Concert. One youth chaplain said of it: "I was very impressed..." Here is the book's website page link: http://www.facebook.com/ChristianTeen...
Character Concert by Craig W. Dressler

message 8: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Thanks for stopping by, Craig. Glad you like the updates here. :)

message 9: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Craig, glad you decided to post your book, Can you tell us a bit more about it?

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomvicki_moss) | 1 comments Hi!
I’m Vicki H. Moss and an author-member. I’d like to share a new book title just out this July co-authored with Natalie Banda. Nailed It! : The Nail Salon Chronicles. (Grace Publishing)

Here’s the back book blurb for those looking for a new nonfiction beach read:

“On a slow morning in California, Natalie—a nail salon tech—begins praying for clients to arrive. Little does she know what God has in store when two grandmothers—one who’s recently flown from Tennessee with two grandies to visit their paternal grandparents—walk through her door with granddaughters in tow.

“When Natalie begins a conversation with Vicki, they both discover they’re connected by way of a mutual belief in their Savior, Jesus Christ. Planning to stay in touch, they exchange information. Not until Vicki returns home to Tennessee and connects with Natalie through Instagram and emails do they discover they’d both been praying that October morning—Natalie for clients and Vicki for God to do something spectacular or to allow someone special to cross her path so the grandies would believe God does work in people’s lives answering specific prayers today. What happened next surprised everyone....

“Natalie and Vicki soon began writing together, sharing some amazing Godcidents with Young Life teens as well as adults to help the Lord transform lives.”

This book can be used for book clubs—there are questions in the back and my own Get Lucky Soup recipe I mention in my story about starting a Bible Study in my home.

May all be blessed who read this book and if you love it, please write a book review on Amazon. Many thanks!

www.livingwaterfiction.com
Insta: vickihmoss
Twitter: vickimoss
Pinterest: Vicki Moss
LinkedIn: Vicki Moss

message 11: by Karen (last edited Aug 07, 2018 08:24PM) (new)

Karen Cogan (kecogan) | 5 comments Hi. I'm Karen Cogan.
I would like to introduce you to my non-fiction devotional book and study guide. Both are free right now. Here is a sample of what the book is about.

"To trust God to act in our best interest is an essential part of growing in faith. Yet, when life seems unfair and our best plans come unraveled, even if we don't say them, many of our childish accusations, once directed at our parents, are now directed at God.
The childish, "You're mean," becomes "Why do you let me suffer?"
"Everyone else gets to..." becomes "Why do I have to obey God's moral laws?"
“Why can't I have what I want?" becomes "Why don't You give me everything I pray for?"
It isn't until we grow older that we understand how the child's own good lies at the basis of a loving parent's actions. It isn't until we mature in Christ that we understand God’s reactions are also for our own good. His love for us and our love for our children can be compared in common everyday parenting experiences. These experiences can help develop a faith that trusts in God even when we do not understand His actions, just as our children must trust our motives when they do not understand our decisions. This trust can develop a peace in our lives that allows us to direct our energy away from confusion and bitterness and toward trust and acceptance.

You can view the book here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4JI1LY/...

message 12: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments sounds like a lovely and interesting read Vicki, thanks for sharing your latest book here.
Vicki wrote: "Hi!
I’m Vicki H. Moss and an author-member. I’d like to share a new book title just out this July co-authored with Natalie Banda. Nailed It! : The Nail Salon Chronicles. (Grace Publishing)

Here’..."

message 13: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Thanks for sharing your book here Karen. I thought sharing the cover would help:
The God of Apple Juice and Spilled Milk by Karen Cogan
Karen wrote: "Hi. I'm Karen Cogan.
I would like to introduce you to my non-fiction devotional book and study guide. Both are free right now. Here is a sample of what the book is about.

"To trust God to act in o..."

message 14: by James (new)

James Callen | 2 comments Hello all. My name is James Callen. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I have a passion for Bible teaching and evangelizing. I have been happily married for 40 years to my sweetheart.

I look forward to meeting and learning from fellow Christian readers and authors on this site.

My book, Grow in the Grace; Spiritual Growth Lessons From Peter's Walk with Jesus, was released on February 13, through CrossLink Publishing.

Grow in the Grace, explores biblical passages of Jesus progressively training and teaching Peter, and follows that as a developmental model to extract rich and relevant lessons for today’s Christian. Each chapter reveals key points that will inspire, guide, and challenge the reader.

There are scriptural truths to:
• Have absolute assurance of eternal salvation in Christ
• Grow in deeper dependence on Him
• Maintain an inner peace through life’s adversities
• Forgive those who’ve caused hurt
• Let go of past failures and move forward in His power
• Live joyfully and victoriously in Christ’s freedom

I believe Grow in the Grace can be both a fresh and refreshing study for today’s Christian reader who is seeking to grow in Christ.

Additional information about this book is available on Amazon at: https://www.amazon.com/Grow-Grace-Spi...

It is also available on Books A Million, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo.

message 15: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Hi James,

Welcome to our Book Club! Since you're an author, feel free to post about your books under our Author Meet & Greet on the respective threads for new or established titles. We also look forward to hearing from you on our other boards where we discuss nonfiction topics. Feel free to chime in anytime!

message 16: by Danny (last edited Apr 25, 2019 08:59PM) (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 4 comments Hello Susan,
My name is Danny. I've been a christian since 1974. I grew up in Long Beach, California and retired and moved to Oregon. I wrote my first and only book in late 2013. It is about our two children who were born with a fatal liver disease which eventually took their lives. I do not consider myself a writer. I am a retired bricklayer, but I felt God was urging me to share my experience with others. God has been very good to my wife (of 50 years) and me and has blessed our family. Life is like a voyage, sometimes there is smooth sailing, and sometimes there are storms. The book is about praising God in the storm. Our daughter Holly passed away in 1987, she was 8 1/2. Our son Stephen passed away twenty years later in 2008. My book on Amazon has a 5 star rating with 62 reviews. I am 71 years old. Life isn't always rainbows and butterflies, but God is good, God is in control, and God doesn't make mistakes!

https://www.amazon.com/Will-Praise-Yo...

message 17: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments This looks like a wonderful book, Danny. The life you have lived and the principles I see that this book addresses are so applicable to every person of faith. You may not consider yourself to be a writer, but I do. Writers write. And you have done so in such a way that has touched many lives.

I have added the cover and link below to encourage our members to check it out.

I Will Praise You in the Storm The Story of Stephen and Holly Deaubé, a Journey of Faith by Danny L. Deaubé
I Will Praise You in the Storm: The Story of Stephen and Holly Deaubé, a Journey of Faith

message 18: by Danny (new)

Danny Deaubé (dannyldeaube) | 4 comments Susan wrote: "This looks like a wonderful book, Danny. The life you have lived and the principles I see that this book addresses are so applicable to every person of faith. You may not consider yourself to be a ..."

Thank you Susan!

message 19: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Lester Hi everyone!

My memoir is titled Living as a Dead Man: Life Lessons Gained from Losing One Life to Receiving a Greater Purpose.

I have to admit when I started writing my memoir it was not my intention to write a Christian book. I was telling my story about overcoming the incredible obstacles placed in my life when I was diagnosed with ALS in 1993 just before my 27th birthday. I recognized my rediscovered faith played a huge role in my getting to the age of 50, it just was not my focus when I began.

About midway through writing section one, I realized God was using my story to convey a message of hope, faith, and love. I did not change the focus of my book because the testimony of God's grace and love already resided in the words I had written. I just became aware of His presence in my story.

Maybe some of the other authors can relate to what I am about to say. There were times when the words I wrote did not seem to directly come from me. I would discover later when I was editing the power of God behind the words I had written.

Without giving away too much about my book since it is about my life, I have had ALS, Lou Gehrig's Disease, for over 25 years when over half the people die within three years and ninety percent within five years. I have lived over 21 years with a tracheostomy on a ventilator. My wife and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage in October. I have four daughters.

Be well and happy but most of all live in love!

Jeff Lester

message 20: by Dean (last edited Oct 23, 2019 05:51AM) (new)

Dean Miller | 6 comments Hi, I'm Dean G Miller (I add the G so as not confuse me with a well-known author by the name of Dean Miller). My latest book came out in September, called "The Wise Men and the Star." (Just in time for Christmas) In it, I do a deep dive into the three enigmatic and obscure terms in that story, "magi," "star" and "east." In the process I uncovered a missing piece of information that was known to the original readers of that story but became lost to subsequent generations. This turned a bewilderingly vague tale into a surprisingly clear account, enabling me to pinpoint the date and time of the arrival of the wise men as well as the date of the birth of Jesus. I enjoyed researching the book...hope you enjoy reading it! You can find more info on my website, https://deangmillerbooks.com

message 21: by Ikechukwu (new)

Ikechukwu Joseph (ikechukwujoseph) | 16 comments Hi everyone. Happy Xmas .Check out my over sixty books here http://amazon.com/author/ikechukwujoseph especially my latest True worshippers and the Shepherding Leader. I will be willing to answer your questions. Happy reading

message 22: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Dean, congratulations on your book! Quite an interesting topic.
Dean G. Miller wrote: "Hi, I'm Dean G Miller (I add the G so as not confuse me with a well-known author by the name of Dean Miller). My latest book came out in September, called "The Wise Men and the Star." (Just in time..."

message 23: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Ikechukwu, that's quite a list of books. Welcome!
Ikechukwu wrote: "Hi everyone. Happy Xmas .Check out my over sixty books here http://amazon.com/author/ikechukwujoseph especially my latest True worshippers and the Shepherding Leader. I will be willing to answer yo..."

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

EVERYONE MUST CHECK OUT WWW.THELAW-BOOK.COM

message 25: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Rob, do you mind introducing yourself first, before dropping the must-read book?
Rob wrote: "EVERYONE MUST CHECK OUT WWW.THELAW-BOOK.COM"

message 26: by Randall (new)

Randall James | 4 comments Hi Everyone,

My name is Randall and I'm an author and game designer. Cape Breton Orphan is a memoir and my third book. I've designed about 7 games and brought them to the market with Caper Games. I wrote two short novels that were tied into games, but felt led to write my life story because of many adventures over the years.

I was saved in '91 through some life-changing events. My wife has encouraged me to write this book. It had a pretty good start in my home area of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, and am now writing book 2.

Here is the website page with comments/reviews and links.

Looking forward to seeing what you're up to here.
Blessings,

Randall

message 27: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Randall, welcome to this group. An author and game designer, why not ;)

message 28: by Yamileth (new)

Yamileth Bonilla | 7 comments Hola a todos, un honor formar parte de uds. Soy Yamileth de Bonilla, autora de habla hispana. He escrito y publicado dos libros de No Ficción en Amazon. "Tu verdadera belleza", "Mujeres Contracultura", este último es un devocional y agenda al mismo tiempo. Ambos tratan acerca de la influencia de las redes sociales y medios de comunicación en la apariencia de la mujer. Comparto consejos bíblicos y prácticos para cultivar la belleza verdadera y cómo ser una mujer realmente hermosa conforme al diseño de Dios. Espero y puedan disfrutarlo y dejarme sus comentarios de cómo habrá impactado sus vidas.

message 29: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Yamileth, thanks for the introduction. Mujeres Contracultura by Yamileth de Bonilla I am sure there are other Spanish speaking members in our group, but for those who don't speak the language, here is a quick translation:

Hello everyone, an honor to be part of you. I am Yamileth de Bonilla, Spanish-speaking author. I have written and published two Non-Fiction books on Amazon. "Your true beauty", "Women Counterculture", the latter is a devotional and agenda at the same time. Both are about the influence of social networks and media on the appearance of women. I share biblical and practical advice to cultivate true beauty and how to be a really beautiful woman according to God's design. I hope you can enjoy it and leave me your comments on how it will have impacted your lives.

message 30: by Yamileth (new)

Yamileth Bonilla | 7 comments Marja wrote: "Hi Yamileth, thanks for the introduction. Mujeres Contracultura by Yamileth de BonillaI am sure there are other Spanish speaking members in our group, but for those who don't speak the language, here..."
Gracias bella Marja. Gracias por tu cariño y disposición.

message 31: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Marja wrote: "Hi Yamileth, thanks for the introduction. Mujeres Contracultura by Yamileth de BonillaI am sure there are other Spanish speaking members in our group, but for those who don't speak the language, here..."

Hola Yamileth and thank you to Marja for the translation. I hope your book will be a blessing to our readers.

message 32: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments I can read some Spanish, but it was basically Google :)
Susan wrote: "Marja wrote: "Hi Yamileth, thanks for the introduction. Mujeres Contracultura by Yamileth de BonillaI am sure there are other Spanish speaking members in our group, but for those who don't speak the ..."

message 33: by Ikechukwu (new)

Ikechukwu Joseph (ikechukwujoseph) | 16 comments Hi everyone. Am Ikechukwu Joseph and the author of Holy Spirit Series books 1-3
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078NJ...

message 34: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Ikechukwu, welcome to this group.

message 35: by Tyrone (new)

Tyrone Wilson | 1 comments Hi.

I'm Tyrone E Wilson, the author of God's Redemptive Plan For Young Adults and High School Students. In short, this book was written in response to the many questions I've been asked about what's next in God's plan for mankind.

What started out as a question driven by natural curiosity by one of my high school students morphed into a series of whys and hows. As enjoyable as it was to hear and know their thoughts and questions about the Holy Bible and God's intentions, it became clear to me that the entirety of God's plan to redeem mankind was not generally understood. So, through much prayer, I felt led to "fill in the blanks" so to speak; hence the book.

I am thankful for the many positive reviews received to date, and thank God that it appears to have helped many others, and pray that it will help many more.

God Bless You All.

God's Redemptive Plan For Young Adults and High School Students by Tyrone E. Wilson

message 36: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Tyrone, welcome to this group. Such a great idea to write for young adults and high school students based on their very own questions. may the work of your hands and the words of your mouth be blessed. Maybe you have a website or blog where people can learn more about you?

message 37: by Yamileth (new)

Yamileth Bonilla | 7 comments Marja wrote: "Hi Tyrone, welcome to this group. Such a great idea to write for young adults and high school students based on their very own questions. may the work of your hands and the words of your mouth be b..."
Mi blog personal es vestigiosenelcorazon.blogspot.com, donde enseñamos a mujeres, esposas, y madres a vivir conforme al diseño de Dios

message 38: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Yerger | 6 comments Hello all, I'm Leslie Ferris Yerger, author of Probably Benign. My spiritual/physical journey began after a devastating diagnosis, followed by a 40 day walk on the ancient pilgrimage called the Camino de Santiago. What an incredible experience. In my book, I share the physical, mental, and spiritual journey of those 40 days, plus weave in the pitfalls and opportunities for women going forward with our current and possibly future breast cancer screening practices.

So much to tell, and I hope are intrigued enough to read my book, and even write a review. But most importantly I hope you will learn, through Probably Benign, how you can advocate for yourself, so that my story doesn't become your story. That is the sole reason I write my book.

https://www.amazon.com/Probably-Benig...

Check out my blog written every 3 days or so while I was walking across Spain. https://walkthewaywithher.com/blog/

Enjoy everyone. I think I am going to enjoy this group. I think you are my peeps, if you will....

message 39: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Leslie, wow, that is an interesting take on a cancer diagnosis... walking the Camino. Just this past weekend my husband and I watched the movie 'The Way', an excellent story, we really enjoyed it. I truly hope your book will do well, and if you need reviews you can ask for exchange reviews with some of our other authors. I will send you a personal message.

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Yerger | 6 comments Marja, I love that movie!! Though the story is fictional, I do think it represents pretty well what some people go through while they walk the Camino. Someday I will go back and walk it all again.

Thanks - I would love to hear from you. And learn more about exchanging reviews with fellow authors.

message 41: by James (new)

James Wheeler | 2 comments Hi Friends,

There are some very accomplished writers in this group! It's really encouraging to see you all and get to know some new author friends.

My name is James Wheeler - I've loved writing and have had numerous personal blogs through the years and had dreamed of getting a book published at some point.

I've been a worship leader and musician most of my full time ministry vocation, but have always been a writer at heart.

I want to share my first published non-fiction work with those who have interest.

I'm not gonna lie it was a learning process - at times frustrating and discouraging. And in the end I don't know if the book really came out the way I wanted - but I believe in the message it has to offer.

I'm getting the courage up to jump in the published author world and do the work of marketing and promoting that seems to go along with it.

I fight feelings of being a nobody lost in the world of books written just to sell books -when I just want the message of this book to get to those who need it most.

I a trusting God in the whole process and I've even started rough drafts for book #2. I would be absolutely thrilled if my book gained some traction in the Christian Living Discipleship category - but at the end of the day I know it was a book I had to write and in that there is a great sense of completion and satisfaction.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you more, and I'm cheering you on in all your writing endeavors. May God inspire you daily and give you favor as you pursue His highest and best for your life.

Lordship Matters by James Wheeler

message 42: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi James, welcome to this group and personally I want to say congratulations on not giving up! There are many people who started writing a book, but never got to finish. So, there you go, 1-0!
You have to believe in the message you wrote, or no one will. If you like, you can explain what your book is all about at our author new release alerts section: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 43: by Petros (new)

Petros Scientia | 11 comments Hello James. I'm in the same position, so I can relate to your message. I've been blogging and making Christian websites since 1998. Then, God led me to write some books. I pastor a small church, and my leadership felt it best to use a pen name because of problems that can develop when relating stories and giving examples. I too found the transition difficult and the "learning process - at times frustrating and discouraging." It sounds like you've worked through the frustrating and discouraging part. I'm still running into pitfalls and learning experiences. LOL

message 44: by Malinda (new)

Malinda Fugate | 9 comments Hi, all! I'm new to the group- and to the group feature of GoodReads in general. All this time, I have only been using it to keep track of my books and connect with people I already know. So I'm excited to explore this group and see what new books we discover together.

I'm also an author, and my book "The Other Three Sixteens" releases next Tuesday. It's about finding God's love in the third chapter/sixteenth verse of each book of the Bible. It was a blessing to research and I want to share the joy with as many people as possible. More info if interested: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

My background is in children's ministry, as well as some time behind the scenes in Christian radio and even dabbling in film production. But most of my time is spent in full-time ministry- which has been really different during this covid craziness.

Blessings to you all, and I look forward to getting to know you and your books!

message 45: by Marja, Founder/Moderator (new)

Marja Verschoor-Meijers (marja_meijers) | 446 comments Hi Malinda, welcome to this group and congratulations on your book! Our moderator Susan knows all about film productions.

Malinda wrote: "Hi, all! I'm new to the group- and to the group feature of GoodReads in general. All this time, I have only been using it to keep track of my books and connect with people I already know. So I'm ex..."

message 46: by Susan, Moderator (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 284 comments Malinda wrote: "Hi, all! I'm new to the group- and to the group feature of GoodReads in general. All this time, I have only been using it to keep track of my books and connect with people I already know. So I'm ex..."

Hi Malinda,

Glad to see you've joined our Book Club. I hope you'll enjoy interacting with us about your favorites here. Be sure to list your new book under the Author Meet & Greet thread for New Releases once it comes out next week.

Meanwhile, we'll look forward to you jumping into the conversation on our Book of the Month and other topical threads here. Good to see another veteran of the entertainment industry has found her way here. :)

message 47: by Malinda (new)

Malinda Fugate | 9 comments Thanks, Susan and Marja! I'll be sure to share book info next week and I'll look for this month's book right away so I can catch up!

message 48: by Petros (new)

Petros Scientia | 11 comments Malinda wrote: "Hi, all! I'm new to the group- and to the group feature of GoodReads in general. All this time, I have only been using it to keep track of my books and connect with people I already know. So I'm ex..."

Hello Malinda. I'm new here too but completely new. I have no idea how to use this website, so I'm reading tutorials, etc. I'm also an author with a series called Real Faith & Reason Library.

As you might guess, the series deals with the faith according to the definition found in Scripture rather than make-believe faith and how to apply that faith to reason, decision-making, science, logic, and every aspect of life.

Your book on the 3:16s sounds interesting. I realize that these verse and chapter markings were added well after the books and letters of the Bible were written, but I've sometimes noticed interesting correlations between verses with the same signature (as in 3:16).

message 49: by Malinda (new)

Malinda Fugate | 9 comments Hi, Petros! Yes, I'm learning how to use this site, too. There's so much to take in! Your book sounds really interesting, too! That's such an important subject.

Yes, the chapter and verse markings were added just for our study convenience. And there is no formula or nothing magical about 3:16. It was just chosen because it's easy to remember because of John 3:16. But every part of the Bible points back to God's love, so the study could be done with any verse combination and still reveal more about Him. If you get a chance to read "The Other Three Sixteens", I'd love to hear your thoughts!

message 50: by Lisa (last edited Jun 27, 2020 09:04AM) (new)

Lisa Miller (lisacmiller) | 8 comments Hi, I am new here. I have been a Christian since I was 17 years old. I have been married since 1986 and we have three kids.
we live in Western, Ky
I write poetry.
I have a creative partnership with the Holy Spirit for many years.
I write words to help the spiritually disconnected. I want to reveal Jesus to them and others. I want to show how an ordinary life is important and bring simplicity and beauty into your life again.

https://www.amazon.com/Godly-Inspirat...

https://www.amazon.com/Inspirations-H...Godly Inspirations for the Troubled SoulGodly Inspirations for the Troubled Soul

« previous 1 3