What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Below the Root
This topic is about Below the Root
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fiction - People live in really tall trees and ground is a myth. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy | 3 comments I read this series as a kid in the late 80s-early 90s. I think there were 3 books?

It involved a race/tribe/group? of people who lived in really tall trees and got around by using hang gliders/wingsuits. The trees were so tall that the ground was either a myth or legend (I think), but (SPOILERS!) at some point in the book they find the ground and have adventure(s) there.
Main character was a male teen.

Thanks for helping me figure this one out! It's been bugging me for years!

message 2: by Mai (last edited Jun 08, 2018 06:54AM) (new)

Mai | 1276 comments Below the Root by Zilpha Keatley Snyder? It's the first one of the Green Sky trilogy. It says it was first published in 1975.

Reader's comment:
A group of people inhabit the tree tops called Kindar. They are vegetarians and float from branch to branch using glider packs called Shubas.

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2104 comments That's just what I was going to suggest - "Below the Root," "And All Between," "Until the Celebration".

message 4: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy | 3 comments That sounds like it, I'll look into it. Thanks!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Below the Root by Zilpha Keatley Snyder - https://books.google.com/books?id=JSt... There are different cover images.

message 6: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy | 3 comments Yeah, skimming that google preview, I'm now pretty convinced this is the series.
Memories coming back of where I had been mistaken (i.e. ground is forbidden, not a myth).

Thanks all! Now to re-read it!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Below the Root (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Zilpha Keatley Snyder (other topics)