What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Stygian (Scars of the Wraiths, #1)
This topic is about Stygian
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Paranormal Romance Series/YA/ first part of the series is about a hero who has come in contact with vampire blood and is in the midst of transitioning. Read in 2017. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 6 comments Hello everyone,
The book (series) I'm looking for is a paranormal romance series, the author (though I'm not sure) is a female, parts of the series were yet to be released when I read it. Each novel has point of views of both the male and female partners, also of other characters since the plot demands it. Each novel ends with an event to be continued in the next. There are numerous characters in the series, they can be grouped as follows-
1. A group of heroes with supernatural abilities, both male and female.
2. A superior committee of gods based on the Earth's five elements including fire, water, air. The heroes are answerable to the gods.
3. Antagonists- Vampires with deadly blood and witches. The notorious vampires are to be killed by the rule of gods.
The plot as I remember:
1. The first part of the series is about a hero who has come in contact with vampire blood and is in the midst of transitioning. He is in hiding to escape the wrath of the committee of gods. The idea is that vampire blood is deadly, once drunk or bitten by a vamp, the hero either dies or turns into a vampire slave to a vampire master. Very rarely does one hero successfully avoids being turned into a vampire, the process is very very painful. The female lead here thinks of herself as a human but is found to be a hero as well.
*SPOILER ALERT* The hero survives, gets united with his loved one, surrenders himself to the committee, is found innocent with the help of the leader of his group. The female hero has the power of communicating with others by establishing a mind link, she learns to use her power and can locate others as well.

2. Another part of the series is about the main leader of heroes, he is responsible for the protection of all, he is the oldest among all the heroes, has a snake tattoo on his shoulder and back which he has to control otherwise he loses his sense of reality destroying everything thing in his wake. He also represents the group in front of committee of gods. He has a very painful past that he needs to overcome to be with his loved one.
*SPOILER ALERT* The hero was tortured and kept as a captor by a witch for a lot of time. He was forced to cheat on his loved one in order to protect his kind. The female lead had a baby with him she never told him about. She was told that her daughter had died after birth though later we come to know that her daughter was stolen for her powers. They all get united at the end though.

3. Another novel is about a hero who saves a damsel from an evil scientist who was experimenting on their kind and had killed one of their members. This book also discusses anorexia.
*SPOILER ALERT* The female he rescues turns out to be the leader's lost daughter.

4. In the books described above we get glimpses of a character named "Dominic" (I'm not sure now that his name was this only), he is one of the heroes, his part was yet to be released then. Dominic falls in love with a witch who is being fooled by a vampire.
*SPOILER ALERT* Dominic has a one night stand with a girl, who confronts him after sometime. Turns out, she was a witch, is pregnant with his child and has drunk vampire blood. Dominic with the help of fellow members decides to help the witch, he takes full responsibility for her and his child, though she turns into a vampire and loses the baby as well. Dominic is separated from her and falls madly in love with her.

If anyone has read this or something like this, kindly comment, even if you remember any one of these novels described above, it'll do. Thank you so much. ☺️

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 6 comments There is also a couple, both heroes, who help the main characters in part one of the series, then in one of the other novels we find out that the hero loses his wife, she dies and he goes into depression since the bonds the couples share are very very strong.

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 6 comments Can someone please help me with this book? Some other people are curious about it as well.

message 4: by Lou (new)

Lou Rocama | 437 comments Point 2 sounds kind of like Acheron
Acheron (Dark-Hunter #14) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 6 comments No, that's not it. :(

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 6 comments Has anyone, by any chance, read a book like the one I have described? Thank you.

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Crazybeing wrote: "Hello everyone,
The book (series) I'm looking for is a paranormal romance series, the author (though I'm not sure) is a female, parts of the series were yet to be released when I read it. Each nov..."

Stygian (Scars of the Wraiths, #1) by Nashoda Rose I'm pretty sure you're looking for Stygian (Scars of the Wraiths) series by Nashoda Rose. I Love this book too! Stygian is Balen and Danni's story. It has the gods/elements council, the tattoos that come alive, and each warrior has different abilities. In the first book the hero can be invisible I think. The heroine of Stygian is rescued by the Scars after being tortured by an evil vampire. Balen drinks vamp blood to save her, only to become hunted by the other wraiths. She's an artist I think. The leader of the wraiths is named Waleron & he's the hero of the 3rd book "Credo". He's in love with Delara but can't be with her....He was indeed forced to be with that bitch witch to get her help to protect his people or something. Was this what you're looking for? It's a very unique series that totally kicks ass!
Stygian (Scars of the Wraiths, #1) by Nashoda Rose

Crazybeing (radhikareads) | 6 comments Yess, oh my god!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I have been looking for this for months!! Such an awesome series. Gonna read it again. Thank you, Thank you. 😊😊😊😊