Start by marking “Stygian (Scars of the Wraiths, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stygian (Scars of the Wraiths, #1)

Stygian (Scars of the Wraiths #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  2,401 Ratings  ·  248 Reviews
Danni: Mortal

I remember nothing of my abduction two years ago. Sounds and scents trigger horrific flashes, but it’s all a blur except for one man with brilliant green eyes. When the tatted six foot two Adonis shows up at my door, my knowledge of the world is shattered.

Bound to the immortal Scar by an ancient spell, we are on the run. Because Balen is the hunted.

And if h
277 pages
Published March 30th 2015 by Nashoda Rose (first published March 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Stygian, please sign up.

Lisa
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing

5 “Little One” Stars!

“The past is the past. It may be the reason why we’ve become who we are today, but we can change our tomorrow. Another past is seconds away.”

description

Stygian is the first full-length prequel to the first book, Take, in Nashoda Rose’s series entitled Scars of the Wraiths (book two to be released). There will be three prequels in total, all of which have been previously published and have now been re-written entirely. I was blown away by the awesomeness of Take so, needless to say,
Lo Bookfrantic
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In anticipation for book two of these amazing series book one is NOW FREE (for a limited time.) Stygian (Scars of the Wraith, Book 1)
Have you met Balen? Have you met the Scars? Now is the time.
ibooks
Kobo
Amazon CA
Amazon UK
Amazon AU
Amazon US NOW FREE

description

ARC kindly provided by the author, in exchange for an honest review.
Release Date March 30, 2015
Genre: Paranormal/Romance
My Rating: 5 amazing Stars
Do I recommend this?: Hell YES
Would I be re reading this again?: Most definitely YES!
POV: Multiple Chara
Pam
5 hopeful torment stars
“I feel you all the fuckin’ time, Danni. I can’t get you out of me. But what I feel for you will destroy us both.”

Danni may have survived her abduction without her memories, but the fear she feels everyday is real. Her mind is fighting against her own will to forget, and brings her eyes with such haunted anguish, she becomes obsessed. While she is free, she is very much still a prisoner of her own mind.

For two years Balen has tried to stay away, but the pull he feels
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.25 Stars

I'd fight for you, Danni. Right to the fuckin' end. I'd never stop. No matter what shit was put up against us, I'd keep fighting.

This book was everything I love about PNR. Having read and loved Take, I was super excited to get my hands on more of the Scars. But where Take read more like a standalone and had the romance be the predominant element, Stygian had a lot more PNR elements that I couldn't get enough of. Having read Take first, I couldn't help thinking that I was missing a
S.M. West
5 "Little One" STARS

Holy shit! I'm seriously in love with these male Scars, first there was Jax in Take and now Balen with the promise of Kilter! Seriously...

I might have to start a PNR Book Boyfriend shelf just for them!

I'm so-so on PNR and but love Nashoda Rose. And when I read Take, I was hooked into the world of Scars and Wraiths. This was a really great story with lots of action, great characters and loved getting the different POVs. But what I loved the most was the visceral connection be
Sabrina
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
5 'Little One' Stars

Two years ago Danni was abducted and kept as a slave for a vampire. Being fed off of and kept in a cage next to a tortured man. He became her savior when he sacrificed himself to get her free, and she can't remember any of it. Now, all she remembers are the mesmerizing eyes of the man kept with her, and it haunts her every moment.

Balen is a Scar, put on this earth to protect humans, and to follow the laws of his kind. But he broke those laws when he drank the blood of a vampi
Michelle
4 Stars!
Reread 2/26
Loved it just as much as I did the first time I read it!
Danni and Balen are in cages. Both being held by a vampire. The vampire wants something from Balen and won't stop hurting Danni until he gets it.

Two years later Danni is back home painting and trying to get on with her life. She's perfectly fine being alone. She's closed herself off to her friends. She doesn't remember hardly anything about what happened to her. She dreams about a man. She paints a lot portraits of this
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 4 “tiger” STARS **

“You’ll never lose me. No matter what happens, I’ll always be here, whether as I am now or as a breeze in the f*ckin’ wind. I won’t ever leave you.”

I am in Paranormal bliss...

Can't wait for the rest of the stories!!!
Snow

First of all, Nashoda, my feelings after reading this book...

No, wait let me try again...

and again...

so you see, I am stunned and overwhelmed...

I had fun reading this book, most of all, I was captivated by the story, by the action and by the characters...and there are a lot of characters to follow:
Balen and Danielle/Danni; Waleron and Delara; Keir and Anstice; Jedrik, Damien, Hack...Ryker, and Kilter (well, I have some special words for him LOL)

So the plot...
"I have to remember, damn it."

i c
Jen
I am so glad that I listened to a bunch of my GR buddies and took a chance on this book! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it also reminded me why I have always loved paranormal romances. There is something wonderful about the intense love that is shared between the couple that the story is focused on. In this case, Balen and Danni have developed an unbreakable bond while they were both held captive and tortured. They were locked in separate cages; but were able to witness one anothers torture while ...more
Elizabeth
“No more pain, little one. Never again. I swear to you. Never again.”-Balen

description

Stygian is book one in the Scars of the Wraiths Prequel set. Nashoda Rose has created a fantastical world of Scars, Wraiths, Witches, and a whole glossary of characters and terms to keep you engrossed and amazed!

As the book begins, we meet Balen and Danni. They are being held captive. They are being tortured by an evil vampire. Balen gives himself to the vampire in order to spare Danni.

description

Fast forward two years....

Danni doe
Aisling Zena
4 stars

I was contemplating writing a proper review of this but I just can't be arsed to be honest.

It was a good PNR with some original elements I enjoyed, though I constantly felt like I had missed the first book even when I got explanations further down the line.

description

And here's Tom Hiddleston and his snake hips to make up for my non-review.
Dee Montoya
*****5 Thrilling Stars*****

(BR with Melissa and Kelli)

What Can I say about this book?
That it's F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!!!!!

photo 175cf8e3-f418-432b-9683-5345d43a64f1_zpshrf8vmt1.jpg

If you read Take you are probably already a fan of this unique series where Vampires are evil and the Scars are always hard at work fighting the evil creatures and protecting the human race.

Danni was kidnapped two years ago and even though she really doesn't remember anything about the incident her life hasn't been the same ever since. She's not the happy and outgoing girl she o
warhawke
Type: Book 1 of Scars of Wraiths Prequal
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Danni was a human still haunted by her abduction two years before. She couldn’t remember anything of it except for a man with a brilliant green eyes that she immortalized in numerous paintings.

Balen was a Scar; an immortal warrior whose job was to protect humans from their enemies. He held the key to unlock Danni’s past and it became complicated when their f
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW TO COME
4.5 "Give Me All Of You" Stars!
(BR with Dee & Kelli)

Mariℓina
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4,5 Stars!
It's official, Scars of the Wraiths is one of my favorite paranormal series ever. Their compeling and meticulously developed world, along with the amazing, likeable and sassy characters and of course Nashoda's writing, have me hooked for good.

This is a great book, i have to admit i was playing the little detective at first, trying to compare what i knew from Take, with all the new informations in Stygian, and that was definitely fun -mostly when a name of a character i knew, came up in
Bindi Boo
5 stars

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat!! HOW DID I MISS THIS GEM!!? Wow.. i cannot believe i've only just found this series. I absolutely devoured it in one sitting! THIS is exactly why i read- to escape to a whole different world and meet characters your own mind could never conjure. Fantastic job, author!

AWESOME paranormal series with fantastic characters. Story revolves around a group of paranormal beings called the Scars who fight the bad guys(vampires, monsters etc etc) Headed by Waleron who can read m
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Scar Addicted Stars

I admit to falling for Nashoda Rose's Scars with her book Take even though I was a bit in the dark on the whole concept and the story as a whole. I loved the dark fantasy and immortal beings. I loved the strong fighting man and the woman who owned him. There was action, passion, heat, and a whole lotta tale to tell. The release of Stygian was an automatic one click and I am even more in love with the Scars now!

This book starts the series of prequels to Take...it starts the
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*Complimentary ARC received from author*

4.5 ★

This was me when Nashoda was gracious enough to give me an ARC...

... and guess what, that's still me after reading this. Oh yeah...

Danni and Balen's story started from a very bad place that came with a lot of sacrifice and from this sacrifice, a connection was born. Not as natural, to a degree, as it turns out, but no less real regardless.

I love Danni's journey from her horrific experience to being who she became. Her pain and her strength felt genuin
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
There are so many reviews on this book that I'm not going to get into it. All I can say is Wow!
[image error]
I don't normally read paranormal books, they're not really my thing but I'm so glad I took a chance on this book. I loved it! I'm totally addicted I intend to read the others in one sitting.
[image error]
Shari Kay
Sep 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
2.75 ✭

Did I miss something?

As far as I can tell there is no book about Keir and Anastice but there was obviously an entire back story for them that wrapped so fully around Stygian that I felt I was thrown into the middle of a series. Some reviewers say to read Take first but it is marked as book #4 and has a totally different couple featured. Even the terms/world building/tattoos/wraiths/etc etc seemed as if I should have already known about them at this stage. Where is this other book?

Moving on
Jenene
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am in awe of how this woman can write such amazing books. I would love to be in that brain of yours nashoda, I think it's a wonderful place.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
When JR Ward meets Nalini Singh... Really good read for paranormal lovers.
Shanny
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Why did it have to end! I LOVED it!
I want the next one, like now!!
Sarit
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you love Nashoda Rose's books (Tear Assander Series, Unyielding Series) you will LOVE this one.
If you love an amazing love story you will LOVE this one.

This book has all the ingredients:
A damsel in distress, an alpha male who will sacrifice himself for her, a love that cannot be broken no matter what, and a hot sexy love scenes. Oops, almost forgot, and super powers (as this is a paranormal book).

This story is about Danni, that was kidnapped by an evil vampire, and about Balen, who broke an
Stacie
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Updated Re-read Review March 10, 2016**

Re-read to prep for Tyrant. I liked Danni and Balen more the second time around! Excited to get to (Off)Kilter Happy reading!

**Original Review May 13, 2015**

4 1/2 Stars!

I loved it, but not as much as Take. I didn't connect with Danni and Balen as much as I did Jasper and Max, but still the book is very good. I love all the Scars, even jerk of the year Kilter. I wish Jasper had been more present in this one. I can't wait to read the next book. Happy readin
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Kindle Freebie 3.09.16
*4-5 Star ratings on GR's!!!

photo PicsArt_1457588271168_zpsvygu4ijf.jpg
Anna
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“No one gets to be with you but me, little one. Told you that.”

❤❤❤❤
  • Taking the Gloves Off: Mason and Jessica (Vampire Queen #7.5)
  • Steal the Moon (Thieves, #3)
  • The Book of Shade
  • Hell Inc.
  • Camouflage (Predator and Prey, #1)
  • Super Dark 2 (Super Dark, #2)
  • Unclaimed (The Master and His Soul Seer Pet, #3)
  • The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs, #2)
  • Brain (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #2)
  • My Soul Keeper
  • Rampant (Little Goddess, #4)
  • Trial by Moon (Trial Series, #1)
  • Footsteps (Pagano Family, #1)
  • Night Shade (Dreamweaver, #1)
  • Cult of the Hexad (Afterlife Saga, #6)
  • Freakshow
  • Insatiable
Nashoda Rose is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twelve novels, including the Tear Asunder series, the spin-off Unyielding series, and the paranormal Scars of the Wraiths.
Coming Soon: Irish Crown & Iron Trophy
She lives outside of Toronto where she enjoys hiking with her Newfoundland dog and riding her horses.

Nashoda is represented by the Trident Media Group.

More about Nashoda Rose

Scars of the Wraiths (4 books)
  • Tyrant (Scars of the Wraiths #2)
  • Credo (Scars of the Wraiths, #3)
  • Take (Scars of the Wraiths, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“Bravery is defined in many ways,” 4 likes
“I’d fight for you, Danni. Right to the fuckin’ end. I’d never stop. No matter what shit was put up against us, I’d keep fighting. You know why? Because that’s what you do when you love someone.” 3 likes