What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Virus on Orbis 1 (The Softwire #1)
This topic is about Virus on Orbis 1
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA 4-book Science Fiction series where lots of kids are in a school in space (Orbit something?). Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (last edited Jun 19, 2018 03:38PM) (new)

Daniel | 5 comments SOLVED: The Softwire Series (first book is Virus on Orbis 1)

Before I start, I know the topic sounds kind of like the Ender's Game series, it's not that.

I read these books around 2008. I'm pretty sure they were fairly new when I read them, probably written after 2000. I remember a bunch of human children go on a spaceship. They soon meet a two-headed alien who becomes a mentor for the main character, a human teenage boy. They eventually take some sort of test in which the main character excels at. Somehow the main character loses his arm, but it is replaced with a cyborg arm that doesn't look any different, but grants him super strength in that arm.

The antagonist in one of the books was a woman who was able to read minds, and one character prevented her from reading her mind by thinking only about some sort of fruit.

The word "orbit" or something like that may have been in the title of the books, although nothing popped up when I searched that on google. I think each book had a number in the actual title, the first book being *something* 1, the second *something* 2, etc.

spoiler ahead

There is a love interest for the main character in all the books, and in the final book, at the very end, she falls down a giant hole and dies

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 5 comments Ayshe wrote: "Virus on Orbis 1 maybe? The series page is https://www.goodreads.com/series/5766..."
YES that's it! Thanks so much!