Stephen King 2022 read-along discussion

Thinner
This topic is about Thinner
June 2018 discussions > June's Reads and catch up's

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 181 comments Mod
Hi all! It's June I can't believe half of the year is almost over. I know it's the beginning of June and that should be said at the end, but this month will fly by just you watch. A handful of you have not finished May's pick of Firestarter and that is okay. I haven't finished either. Firestarter was a hard book to get into especially the beginning. This read-along is extremely relaxed and flexible. You can put the book down and pick up Thinner if you want or you can continue with Firestarter and pick up Thinner later it's totally up to you.

As for me, I think I'll be doing a little bit of both. I'm interested in Thinner and so I might listen to that book while I do my daily runs and only listen to Firestarter in the car going to and from work. We'll see.

I hope you all are enjoying this group and enjoying the Stephen King picks. Thank you again everyone for joining the group, participating in discussions and encouraging me to continue to write on here because I seriously am lazy ;)

message 2: by Markie (new)

Markie Hicks (markielynnhicksaolcom) | 18 comments lol yeah I still have to finish firestarter too I'm almost done with it I have two more chapters to go and then I'll start on thinner

Ashley Smith | 176 comments Mod
Love this group!! I've been in such a reading slump lately. :(

message 4: by Kimberly (last edited Jun 04, 2018 03:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimberly | 35 comments I plan to start this book mid month we'll see... is there a movie for this one? i can't remember what i've added to netflix...

edit: so i went and looked, there is a movie however it's not available on netflix yet sooo i'll have to find it some other way. :)

message 5: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Gatewood | 7 comments I'm actually partly through Dreamcatcher so may try to finish that before starting on Thinner!

message 6: by Suzanne (new) - added it

Suzanne (buffy21) | 8 comments I am having a funky month as I need to finish IT, Firestarter and Thinner not a very good reading time.

message 7: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Gatewood | 7 comments Suzanne wrote: "I am having a funky month as I need to finish IT, Firestarter and Thinner not a very good reading time."

IT is what got me back into Stephen King. I super enjoyed it.

I know Firestarter wasn't the best for some of us, but I have to say I'm about 60 pages into Thinner right now and so far I love it! Super creepy!

Kimberly | 35 comments Started this yesterday and I am about 50 pages into it and enjoying it so far. :). Liking this one better then Firestarter.

Currently in the middle of chapter 21. I really hope William gets his revenge cause it’s getting to tick tick time.

Kimberly | 35 comments Ashley wrote: "I know Firestarter wasn't the best for some of us, but I have to say I'm about 60 pages into Thinner right now and so far I love it! Super creepy!"

I agree.... i do think firestarter falls at the bottom of my list for stephen king books i've read so far. enjoying this one so far.

Jessica Haley (jessicahaley69) | 6 comments Just finished Thinner. Again not a favorite, but more likely to give this one a reread than Tom Gordon.

Yay! I finished another book with you guys. I'm so proud :D Teehee. I have to agree with everyone here. Thinner was not one of my favorites. I knew that ending was coming. There was no way he could escape that kind of mischief.

message 14: by Markie (new)

Markie Hicks (markielynnhicksaolcom) | 18 comments Yeah it's like the guy gypsy did that on purpose to his family and then he does it himself

I finished it! Lol yeah I have to agree, wasn't my favorite either.

Kimberly | 35 comments ugh... I dunno what to think about this one. The beginning was slow and repetitive but it finally got better. but that ending... WTH.

Hopefully watching the movie tonight :)