What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Shuteyes
This topic is about The Shuteyes
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children’s Book in World Where Sleep is Banned. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new)

Rob Dingeldein | 3 comments I remember this book as a kid, where a boy is visited by a parrot (or some other bird), and is transported to another world where sleep is banned, but people don’t require sleep, except for the rebel groups who do sleep. Can’t remember the name of the book, but it was a entertaining and I think my daughter would like it.

message 3: by Rob (new)

Rob Dingeldein | 3 comments No, thanks though!

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments Around what year you read it? And how it is different from "The Shuteyes"?

message 5: by Rob (new)

Rob Dingeldein | 3 comments I was wrong!! It is “The Shut Eyes”, when I googled it at first another book call “The Shut Eye” by Belinda Bauer came up. I did another search and found “The Shut Eyes” by Marijane Meaker, and that is definitely it. Funny, my brain wouldn’t let this go, when you first suggested “The Shut Eye” it felt vaguely familiar, so I decided to take that second look because it just seemed like “The Shut Eye” should have been it. Funny how the plurality of it made all the difference. Thank you so much!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36568 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Rob.

Note: The Shuteyes by M.E. Kerr a.k.a. Marijane Meaker.

message 7: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Kris wrote: "Glad you found your book, Rob.

Note: The Shuteyes by M.E. Kerr a.k.a. Marijane Meaker."

AKA Mary James for this novel.