Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > Nominate July 2018 Group Read **VOTING CLOSED**

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Jun 04, 2018 10:32PM) (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1592 comments Mod
Nominations are now open for July 2018!

Amy Clipston, Katie Fisher, Suzanne Woods Fisher, Kelly Irvin, Amy Lillard, and Samantha Price are exempt from nomination in 2018 as we've already read one of their books this year, although we may make exceptions for novella collections that include one of these authors. If you're not sure if your book is eligible for nomination, please leave a comment and one of the moderators will get back to you!

Rules:
1. Any Amish-themed novel is eligible.
2. One nomination per person.
3. If two people nominate the same book, each person's vote counts. So the book will feature twice in the list to give each vote an equal chance.
4. Nominations run until the 14th of the month, with the winner announced on the 15th.
5. The winning book is chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
6. Please don't nominate a book we have already read. You can see our list of previous group reads here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... or look at the group read's bookshelf here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books... (it includes the Christian group read as well).
7. Only nominate the first book in a series UNLESS we have already read #1 (see above link). In this case, #2 is then eligible for nomination!

Nominate away!!

#1 - Her Secret (The Amish of Hart County #1) by Shelley Shepherd Gray -- Barbara
#2 - Joshua's Mission (Plain & Simple Miracles, #2) by Vannetta Chapman -- Natalie

message 2: by Barbara (new)

I'll start this month's suggestions with...

Her Secret (The Amish of Hart County #1) by Shelley Shepherd Gray

Her Secret (The Amish of Hart County #1) by Shelley Shepard Gray

message 3: by Natalie (last edited Jun 01, 2018 01:58PM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1095 comments @Barbara Ann: Should I change my nomination? Originally, it didn't show up as the first one in this thread even though the area that says "Books Mentioned in this Thread" does show that I had nominated Joshua's Mission (Plain and Simple Miracles #2) by Vannetta Chapman . I just mistakenly deleted my post because the numbering wasn't correct.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Natalie wrote: "@Barbara Ann: Should I change my nomination? Originally, it didn't show up as the first one in this thread even though the area that says "Books Mentioned in this Thread" does show that I had nomin..."

No, don't change it. I'll add it to the nominations. Thanks.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Who's nominating next??

message 6: by Barbara (last edited Jun 14, 2018 09:47AM) (new)

LAST DAY TO NOMINATE OUR JULY SELECTION!

You have until midnight eastern time...

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Our winner is...

#2 - Joshua's Mission (Plain & Simple Miracles, #2) by Vannetta Chapman

Thanks Natalie!