♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
This topic is about Silver Shadows
Group Reads > Silver Shadows

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Jul 30, 2014 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.

Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive.

For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .

Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.

message 2: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Aug 03, 2014 08:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm currently reading this and it is so good! I LOVE Adrian Ivashkov! I feel so bad for Sydney! Crazy cruel alchemists! I'm trying to take it slow since there is only one more book in this series. I really hope Richelle Mead writes another spin-off series so Adrian can still be seen around. Maybe a Jill and Eddie series?

Raph♛ (thebookdragoness) read it.loved it!can't wait for The Ruby Circle

Sofia (sofiatorosian) Currently reading it!! I missed Adrian sooo much and I really wanted to see what would happen to Sydney!

Jess (myreadingdress) | 2 comments I've finished reading it by now, but will come back and share my not so happy thoughts when everyone else is done :)

Amanda McDowell (amoore4889) | 6 comments Finished it yesterday! Loved it! Can't wait for The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6) by Richelle Mead to come out in February.

Bárbara (coldestxwinter) Tried to take it slow but couldn't control myself and finished it in one day (I have never done that before). Jill and Eddie deserve their own series.

message 8: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Gomez (jessicagomez) | 1 comments I am on The Fiery Heart. I am trying go slow with these ones, since I flew through VA. I want to make this one last. hahaha

Veronica | 794 comments I want to read it but I don't want it to end even if the final book is yet to come. I tried reading two pages and closed the book. Perhaps I will wait till Ruby circle comes out.

message 10: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Aug 03, 2014 08:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

OMG!!!!!!!!! I FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(view spoiler)

Elena (Lanabooks423) | 1 comments read it... loved it... can't wait for the next and final one

Malena (thefieryheartnz) | 1 comments My copy is waiting for me at the library. Can't wait!

message 13: by Karissa (new) - added it

Karissa (karissajade) | 1 comments i finished it but it was not my favorite. I felt it was kind of slow and I understand with everything happening it had to be... its still one of my favorite series!
Cannot wait for the next book to be released.. got a long wait for the final book :(

message 14: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 5 stars

For those interested in getting a Frostbite movie made they are running an Indiegogo campaign to raise money. Contribute to the project for some cool merchandise.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fr...

message 15: by Lili (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lili (ceclor97) | 16 comments I loved it.

One thing I would change about it, though, MAJOR SPOILER -- the wedding. This is a rising trend in YA and I think it should be discouraged

Jordan (jordypaigee) https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fr...

Seriously guys go and donate it is so worth it, so far we have raise $134,010 things are really slow atm so if you can please dontate and spread the word, WE NEED ADRAIAN haha :)

message 17: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lili wrote: "I loved it.

One thing I would change about it, though, MAJOR SPOILER -- the wedding. This is a rising trend in YA and I think it should be discouraged"

Yeah I liked how Richelle didn't have Rose and Dimitri rush into marriage so I was kind of disappointed to have Adrian and Sydney rush into it even though it was sweet and I know they had a reason to protect Sydney.

Jenny (jennyredcherry) | 3 comments I actually loved the wedding part I thought it was a very sweet gesture from Adrian and imagining Sydney running around through Vegas in her wedding dress did make me laugh :)

message 19: by Lili (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lili (ceclor97) | 16 comments I'm not saying it wasn't lovely, Jenny, because it was.
I guess it's just because I've been running into a lot of YA weddings lately and was just expecting Richelle Mead to be ... different

Veronica | 794 comments It's just a fictional wedding right? Does it matter so much that a book character does something that readers might not?
It's a happy moment, let's rejoice it.

Irena BookDustMagic | 54 comments Ohh, I loved this book!
(view spoiler)

message 22: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Tepale (sary_eliza) | 1 comments I loved this book
good combination of action & romance
I love Adrian

Vanessa Vazquez (nessaaaa) | 5 comments Loved this book!!! Favorite out of the boodlines series. It was so intense . Read it !!! its worth it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Ruby Circle (other topics)