Brilliant Books You've Never Heard Of discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Nominations > August Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin B. (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) ***Please Read all Guidelines Before Nominating***

1. All nominations must meet the following criteria:
-Published in or after 1960, but at least 6 months old
-No more than 5,000 Goodreads ratings
-No self-promotion

2. Each member may nominate ONE book per month

3. Each member may also second ONE book per month
If someone else nominates a book that you are interested in, simply post that you would like to SECOND that book to give it another nomination vote.

4. We will vote on the five books that have the most seconds for the month's read
If less than five books receive seconds, I will pick whatever other nominated books have the highest star rating to round out the five needed for the poll.

Happy Nominating!

message 2: by Hari (new)

Hari Brandl (crochetbuddies) | 14 comments I'll nominate "After Claude" by Iris Owens.

message 3: by John (new)

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 21 comments I would like to nominate Superposition by David Walton.

message 4: by John (last edited Jun 01, 2018 12:24PM) (new)

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 21 comments I would like a clarification on the rules. The way that 2 and 3 are written, it seems to indicate that a member can nominate AND second a book in any month. Is this correct or should #3 open with "Or, any member may also second...?"

message 5: by Kristin B. (last edited Jun 02, 2018 12:59PM) (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) John wrote: "I would like a clarification on the rules. The way that 2 and 3 are written, it seems to indicate that a member can nominate AND second a book in any month. Is this correct or should #3 open with "..."

You can do both. Each member is allowed one nomination AND one second of another member's nomination.

message 6: by John (new)

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 21 comments Kristin, thank you for the clarification. It must have been in another group that I was corrected when I nominated one book and seconded another, told I could not do this. I must keep the rules straight in each group!

message 7: by Kristin B. (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) I'll nominate The Gray House.

message 8: by Amina (new)

Amina Mazhar | 1 comments ill nominate cherry crush

message 9: by Kristin B. (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) Amina wrote: "ill nominate cherry crush"

Hi Amina. Would you be able to clarify which Cherry Crush you are nominating? There appears to be more than one book by that title.

Thank you!

message 10: by Kasi (new)

Kasi (kasireadsjunkandstuff) I would like to second The Grey House.

message 11: by Amaka (new)

Amaka Nzeadibe I want to nominate The Sisterhood

message 12: by Charley Girl (new)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 22 comments I'll second Superposition by David Walton.

message 14: by Mallory (new)

Mallory Kirkland (malloryscalerie) | 4 comments Nan-Core by Mahokaru Numata

message 15: by Sahil (new)

Sahil | 8 comments I'll nominate At Risk

message 16: by Kristin B. (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) Closing this thread. Will have August poll and September nomination thread up shortly.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.