What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Hunter (The Forbidden Game, #1)
This topic is about The Hunter
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA, Mid 80s? Fantasy, Sci fi, Alternate realm. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Damien (new)

Damien Mcauley | 4 comments Ok, i read this book a LONG time ago. I was probably 15? ish? (im 29 now) the book was more than likely an 80s written..book? I think? Maybe 90s? I do NOT remember the cover. There might have been a group of teens on it.

ABOUT THE BOOK:
Sci fi/fantasy genre. Possibly YA book, but it was a pretty thick book.

-the book was about a group of teens(i remember a girl, there might have been two) who end up in an ..alternate realm due to either a game or a box or something like that? There was a 'king' of this realm who appeared to be a pretty good looking young man. He had a thing for one of the girls? They had to escape this realm, and a lot of it was extra long hallways that didnt end, minor horrors, etc. The teens might have started out the book in a hospital situation but I dont remember(they might have just been near a hospital, I just..remember a hospital)

A major quote from the book I remember. The bad(?) guy shows a picture to one of the characters. It is a picture of a dog. He asks the character what is the picture of. The character answers a dog(it might have been rabbit?) and the guy says no. it's a picture OF a dog. Its an illusion. This theme seems to be a big primary of the story. Things not being what they think/only facsimiles etc.

I think one of the girls stays in the realm with the bad guy/king because she liked him/he wasnt all that bad/etc.

I feel really silly that I dont have much more to offer, but like I said this was a decade plus ago.

message 2: by The Reading Raccoon (last edited May 31, 2018 11:43PM) (new)

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments Was it this? I read it in the 90's. Same author as The Vampire Diaries but about being stuck inside a game instead. Same book in the links just different editions.
The Hunter
The Forbidden Game

message 3: by Damien (new)

Damien Mcauley | 4 comments Tricia wrote: "Was it this? I read it in the 90's. Same author as The Vampire Diaries but about being stuck inside a game instead. Same book in the links just different editions.
The Hunter
[book:Th..."

oh my god yes???? thank you so much!