Den of Geek Book Club discussion

General Book Fun! > Most-Anticipated Books

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Den of Geek (last edited Dec 24, 2018 08:28AM) (new)

Den of Geek (denofgeek) | 82 comments Mod
Den of Geek is constantly updating our lists of most-anticipated science fiction and fantasy reads. What are your most anticipated upcoming releases?

denofgeek.us/us/books/science-fiction...

denofgeek.us/us/books/fantasy-books/2...

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/ho...

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/culture/...

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (blko) I think I'm most looking forward to Vicious by V.E. Schwab. If only cause I finally picked up the Darker Shades of Magic trilogy and am loving it!!! So now I just want to read everything by her.

message 3: by Den of Geek (new)

Bethany wrote: "I think I'm most looking forward to Vicious by V.E. Schwab. If only cause I finally picked up the Darker Shades of Magic trilogy and am loving it!!! So now I just want to read everything by her."

She is so good! I was lucky enough to moderate a panel she was on at BookCon and she was such an eloquent joy. Not all writers are able to articulate as well in person as they are on the page (which I can relate to), but she had so many badass, insightful things to say about including queer representation in her books which was what the panel was about.

x Kayti

message 4: by Den of Geek (new)

Relevant to the above discussion: a chat with Victoria Schwab about her new middle grade novel City of Ghosts...

http://bit.ly/2nWSBUI

x Kayti

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert | 1 comments I'm most looking forward to Bloodwitch...

message 6: by Bon (new)

Bon (bonthewitch) | 1 comments Here for the Bloodwitch giveaway! So along those lines, it isn't June 2018 but in 2019, I'm definitely most anticipating this next Witchlands installment!!

message 7: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Holbert | 1 comments In relation to the post, i am here for the BigDamnHero giveaway. So excited for anything firefly.

message 8: by Evan (new)

Evan Jones (jns8768) | 1 comments I'm here for the Firefly: Big Damn Herogiveaway! And cant wait for this series. I'm also really excited to read more Ratcatcher books from Matthew Colville

message 9: by David (new)

David (dassaf4) | 21 comments I'm looking forward to Neal Stephenson's Fall, or Dodge in Hell June 2019. At 880 pages, reading it might take all summer, but as a longtime fan, I'm all in!

message 10: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 1 comments relation to the post, i am here for the BigDamnHero giveaway. So excited for anything firefly.

message 11: by Jared (new)

Jared Martin | 1 comments I’m looking forward to Cixin Liu’s Supernova Era. So far I’ve really enjoyed every book that’s come out by him. Of course, I’m also interested in “Do You Dream of Terra-Two?” Hope I win a copy in the Saga Press giveaway (-:

message 12: by David (last edited Aug 01, 2019 09:26PM) (new)

David (dassaf4) | 21 comments I really enjoyed The Three-Body Problem. Best use of nanofilament wire EVAR!!

David wrote: "I'm looking forward to Neal Stephenson's Fall, or Dodge in Hell."

And it's been quite a ride so far! The book starts off some years after the events of Reamde with the main characters, and then a nuke takes out a small town. Yeah. Gotta love Stephenson, so good. On a tip that he was inspired by Paradise Lost, I'm also reading this epic free verse so I can recognize and appreciate any allusions to John Milton he makes.

Anyway, this book update brought to you by the letter D, the number 4, and the Saga Press giveaway!

message 13: by Joe (new)

Joe Parrish | 1 comments I'm looking forward to Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir. I won a arc from her Twitter and loved it and the black newspapers look great. I'm here for the Saga Books giveaway too but really enjoy talking about books.

message 14: by Koozebane (new)

Koozebane | 6 comments I'm here for the Magic X Mayhem giveaway! Alec Nevala-Lee's ASTOUNDING sounds really fascinating...

message 15: by Spookymizu (new)

Spookymizu | 3 comments I'm looking forward to reading The City of the Middle of the Night. The giveaway grabbed my attention, and the blurb about it is intriguing enough to keep me thinking about it.

And, as always, I am eternally looking forward to David Gerrold's next entry in the War Against the Chtorr series. I swear that book has been finished more times than FDR was elected president! That's okay. I respect Gerrold's pursuit of perfection. I wouldn't want anything less. ;-)

message 16: by Spookymizu (new)

Spookymizu | 3 comments I also just received "A Memory Called Empire." It looks to be gooood! It's next on the nightstand. Thank you Den of Geek!

message 17: by Den of Geek (new)

Spookymizu wrote: "I also just received "A Memory Called Empire." It looks to be gooood! It's next on the nightstand. Thank you Den of Geek!"

Yay! Let us know what you thought when you've finished reading!

message 18: by Douglass (new)

Douglass Abramson | 3 comments I'm just here for the Magic For Liars giveaway. 😁

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m looking forward to Any Way the Wind Blows!

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (heavensdark) | 2 comments I know it's out already but I haven't read it yet but I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern. I loved The Night Circus and hope this brings me somewhere magical too.

Also, I'm here for the Magic for Liars giveaway.

message 21: by Logan (new)

Logan England (cajundharma) | 1 comments Here for the Hap and Leonard giveaway, I'm looking forward to Gemma Files new collection. Lots of great stuff upcoming from Grimscribe Press.

message 22: by Koozebane (new)

Koozebane | 6 comments Here for the Hap and Leonard giveaway! I'm definitely looking forward to THE NETWORK EFFECT...

message 23: by Ada (new)

Ada Lavin | 2 comments Looking forward to Magic for Liars. Can't wait to see how Hap and Leonard got together.