Dragons & Jetpacks discussion

Books of the Month > BotM Winners for June 2018

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roger, Knight Radiant (new)

Roger | 2031 comments Mod
Our BOTMs for June are going to be Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty for Sci-fi and Blackwing by Ed McDonald.

Enjoy!

message 2: by Roger, Knight Radiant (new)

Roger | 2031 comments Mod
I'll probably be reading Blackwing only this month, still want to try and get through the mod special as well.

message 3: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 390 comments I'm in for Six Wakes. It's on my Kindle and ready to go.

message 4: by Maria Hill (new)

Maria Hill AKA MH Books (mariahilldublin) I hope to read Blackwing and The Water Knife (have just read a tweet about somebody crying on the bus while reading this). However, have two close relatives in different hospitals so time is limited for the next few weeks. But really happy that both survived and are doing well.

message 5: by Milou (new)

Milou Sounds hectic Maria. Glad they are doing okay 😘

message 6: by Maria Hill (new)

Maria Hill AKA MH Books (mariahilldublin) Thanks Milou.

message 7: by Margo (new)

Margo That's tricky Maria! Hope they will be ok and you not worn out. Hospitals are tiring 😟

message 8: by Margo (new)

Margo I'd like to read read Blackwing but then I'd have another series on the go. My aim this you is read books I already own ...... some of the time anyway 😕

message 9: by Maria Hill (new)

Maria Hill AKA MH Books (mariahilldublin) So they are Margo. If you read the news yesterday my brother was the cause /victim of the accident that caused the traffic delays on the M50. He is lucky to be alive and has completly wrecked his right arm but is very very glad there were no other cars in the other two lanes.

message 10: by Margo (new)

Margo Oh lord Maria, I heard about that one! So sorry for your brother - sounds like he'll need a lot of recuperation. He is lock to have caring family around 😘

message 11: by Audrey, Queen of the Potato People (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 3045 comments Mod
Yikes! I hope he recovers well.

I am trying to read only books I own. I did just read Six Wakes in March or April and really liked it. I already counted it in the WCA vs DEF challenge. Do I read it again to get the energy cell then?

message 12: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 390 comments That sounds bad Maria. Hope he will get to keep his arm.

message 13: by Lancer, Warden of the Slums (new)

Lancer (elancer) | 1667 comments Mod
Read Blackwing recently so will get in on the discussion. Really quite enjoyed it but it's right up my alley.

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1665 comments I too enjoyed Blackwing so will join in the discussion - but already read the mod special so it is only Six Wakes this month. Hmmm bummer.

message 15: by Alan (new)

Alan | 158 comments So sorry to hear about your brother, Maria! It sounds like he was very lucky indeed. Hopefully his recouvery is swift. ):

I've got Blackwing and The Water Knife out from my local library, and Six Wakes on my kobo, so am ready to go! Super surprised something I nominated won, haha. But it is up for the Hugo, so that probably has something to do with it--I hope it's good or I will feel bad. D:

Still working through Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell--it's excellent so far (I'm just over halfway), but I was derailed this month with readings for an exam, so picked it up rather late (also it is huge).

message 16: by Maria Hill (new)

Maria Hill AKA MH Books (mariahilldublin) Margo wrote: "Oh lord Maria, I heard about that one! So sorry for your brother - sounds like he'll need a lot of recuperation. He is lock to have caring family around 😘"

Thanks Margo

message 17: by Maria Hill (new)

Maria Hill AKA MH Books (mariahilldublin) Steve wrote: "So sorry to hear about your brother, Maria! It sounds like he was very lucky indeed. Hopefully his recouvery is swift. ):

I've got Blackwing and The Water Knife out from my local library, and Six..."

Hope you enjoy the end of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) I'm just starting The Water Knife but will probably skip the other two...

message 19: by Vinca (new)

Vinca Russell (vinxlady) | 1366 comments Really excited to see Blackwing on the list this month. I've heard so many good things about it but keep putting off reading it so I can fit in more challenge books :-D

message 20: by Wayland, Ernest Scribbler (new)

Wayland Smith | 3049 comments Mod
Not quite sure how this is working, but according to WorldCat, my best source for tracking down book, the only place that has Black Wing is a library in Australia. If that's the case, I'm sure not reading it any time soon.

message 21: by Margo (new)

Margo :-) Now that would be devotion to the cause Wayland 😉

message 22: by Wayland, Ernest Scribbler (new)

Wayland Smith | 3049 comments Mod
Margo wrote: ":-) Now that would be devotion to the cause Wayland 😉"

Hey, if you're buying the ticket, I'll go...

message 23: by Renata (new)

Renata Riva | 14 comments I've been looking forward to read Blackwing for some time. I'm glad is on this group's list!

message 24: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1665 comments Read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norelle for the challenge last month and barely squeaked it in under the end of the month. I actually listened to it. It was a fairly good recording. I can't imagine how big the book actually is.

At last I can spend today catching up on my reviews for the end of last month and my challenges. Too much going on with summer just starting but today it is overcast and miserable. After i get my spaghetti sauce going I plan on catching up.