The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons discussion

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
If you have any suggestions, questions, comments or complaints about the group's buddy reads, this is the place to put them!

message 2: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine How are books chosen for the group read?

message 3: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Chloe wrote: "How are books chosen for the group read?"

Well, it's kind of simple.
I start gathering books that I think would be good for a group read, then I make sure not all of us have read it (this is easy because most of the group members are my friends, so I can see if they have already read it. Of course, there might be books that some in the group have read already, but they could opt out of reading it if they want to)
The group reads will most likely be fantasy and either MG or YA, (if one wants to do classics or any other genre, they can always request a buddy and see if anyone else wants to read that genre)
When I've gathered 3 or so books, I'll create a poll and the group members will vote on which one they want us all to group read. And voilà, we start a group read! This group read was a bit different, because we were just starting out with the group and there wasn't anyone to vote on which books to read, so I had to randomly select one. But it's worked out fine!

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine Where do we put our suggestions for the group reads?

message 5: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Chloe wrote: "Where do we put our suggestions for the group reads?"

Here, if you like!
Remember our signature genre of book in this group is fantasy and the age range is MG to YA. ;')

message 6: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine Ok Here are my suggestions:
Ever the Hunted
Ash Princess
Throne of Glass

message 7: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine When you say read, for example chapters 10-15, do you mean read up to chapter 15 or through chapter 15?

message 8: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Zaylaia wrote: "When you say read, for example chapters 10-15, do you mean read up to chapter 15 or through chapter 15?"

Through chapter 15. Sorry for not being clear first time!

message 9: by Lou, Book Queen (last edited Aug 28, 2018 08:45AM) (new)

Zaylaia wrote: "Ok Here are my suggestions:
Ever the Hunted
Ash Princess
Throne of Glass"

Great! If they're in library I'll definitely be up for reading them, but there's a large chance they might not be in my library..,
But if there's anyone else to lead those group reads, they're welcome to do so. Thanks for the suggestions, very much appreciated!

message 10: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine I can lead some if you need me to. I’m pretty sure my library has all these books. I’m a library nerd too.

message 11: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine What is the next monthly book?

message 12: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Chloe wrote: "I can lead some if you need me to. I’m pretty sure my library has all these books. I’m a library nerd too."

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind!

message 13: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Chloe wrote: "What is the next monthly book?"

So far, unless the votes change, it's going to be The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

message 14: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Oh btw, my library are stocking up with 2018 books. Unfortunately, most of them are local British authors, but also one of the books you suggested, Ash Princess. I'll add that to the list of book of the month ideas in August. (or whenever my library buy enough copies)

message 15: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments My criteria for books is that I prefer reading books of which the series is complete, because if I have to wait every time a year before I can read the next book I don't know anything about the previous books anymore.. Anyone else who has this problem? My suggestion for a group read would be Red Queen :)

message 16: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Cordelianne wrote: "My criteria for books is that I prefer reading books of which the series is complete, because if I have to wait every time a year before I can read the next book I don't know anything about the pre..."

YAS, so true. And I'll add that suggestion to the next poll vote in August, thank you.

message 17: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments A darker shade of magic series is really good, I really want to reread those books :)

message 18: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Cordelianne wrote: "A darker shade of magic series is really good, I really want to reread those books :)"

That's funny, I'm literally reading the first book of that series right now!

message 19: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments LydiaMae wrote: "Cordelianne wrote: "A darker shade of magic series is really good, I really want to reread those books :)"

That's funny, I'm literally reading the first book of that series right now!"

Oh really what do you think of it?