SBTB Goodreads Group discussion

Trope Talk > Trope - two broken people becoming more than whole

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited May 31, 2018 01:47PM) (new)

Lisa (elisabeth_cavendish) | 2 comments I find I’m enjoying the books where both MCs are “broken”, whether traumatized or over-cautious or otherwise flawed, but each find they have something within themselves to help the other. It’s not the saviour-saved trope, because there’s an equitable exchange of salvation.

A couple of examples I thought were good:

Sweet Filthy Boy
Trade Me
Loving Bad
Archer's Voice

Any others out there?

message 3: by LB (new)

LB | 26 comments I recently read Simply Love which is a great example of this in a historical.

message 4: by Coral (new)

Coral (kiwicoral) | 27 comments I highly recommend any Virginia Heath, but A Warriner to Rescue Her (historical) fits your trope.
Both leads have very low confidence because of mega daddy issues. Despite the title, they help to heal each other. Seeing them come together is achingly sweet.

message 5: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (darlenemarshall) | 2 comments I second the recommendation of Simply Love, If you're into historicals, I would also recommend Seize the Fire by Laura Kinsale (heck, most of her later books would fill this angsty bill.)

I also think Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer does a beautiful job with the healing trope.