YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
This topic is about Days of Blood & Starlight
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Daughter of Smoke & Bone Series by Laini Taylor - Reading 'Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2)' from June 17th 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 148 (148 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Around the world, black hand prints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grows dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherworldly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Started this! Will post my thoughts in a while

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Checking in! This will be a reread for me, but this time I'll actually finish the trilogy :)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments I started the book and it’s going great. I’m only at 12% but the characters introduced seem very interesting and unique. I can’t wait for more of the plot to unfold.

message 5: by ellie (last edited Jun 20, 2018 09:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments 28% (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments 41% Finally! The start of an interesting plot! The book so far was pretty slow action wise, but now it is starting to get intense! (view spoiler)My main question is: What does the title mean? Daughter of Smoke and Fire? By daughter, I think it is referring to Karou, but who, or what, are her parents?

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Ch 1-10: (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Sanah wrote: "Ch 1-10: [spoilers removed]"

I agree. The plot seems to be very slow, but I am still enjoying the book.

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Currently on chapter 4. I am finding the protagonist a very interesting character. I am curious about her (view spoiler) and yeah the plot seems slow. I don't know where it's leading.

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Ch 21/Part 2: (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Chapter 32: (view spoiler)

message 12: by Sanah (last edited Jun 21, 2018 07:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Ch 38/Part 3: (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Ch 47/Part 4: (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Finished: This was a great first book and I can't wait to continue. Starting the next one tonight!

message 15: by Sanah (last edited Jun 22, 2018 10:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor
Up to Part 2/Ch 33: Great start to this book and this has a faster pace than the first one did, but I guess that is expected because we needed an introduction to the world in the first book. (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Up to Part 3/ Ch 48: (view spoiler)

message 17: by Sanah (last edited Jun 22, 2018 10:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Up to Part 4/Ch 65: (view spoiler)

message 18: by Sanah (last edited Jun 22, 2018 10:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Finished: (view spoiler)
Starting the next one tonight! This is too good to stop :)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

Almost finished! The book is very interesting. The author has created very unique and independent characters that readers could easily relate to. The plot is well thought out and I really love the writing style of Laini Taylor.

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments ahhhhh I understand the title of "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" now! (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments On part 2. I think I understand the title now, too!

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments My guess is: (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Ellie wrote: "28% [spoilers removed]"

I agree, there is great mystery in the book. It's all very intriguing. (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Chapter 22. Oh my God. (view spoiler)

message 25: by ellie (last edited Jun 23, 2018 06:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Chapter 53: (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Oh MY GOD! Finished! (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Ellie wrote: "41% Finally! The start of an interesting plot! The book so far was pretty slow action wise, but now it is starting to get intense! [spoilers removed]My main question is: What does the title mean? D..."

The book did get intense then

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Ellie wrote: "Chapter 32: [spoilers removed]"

Interesting theory!

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Maria wrote: "My guess is: [spoilers removed]"

As in, (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Going to start the second one tonight!

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor
Up to Part 2: (view spoiler)
Up to Part 3: (view spoiler)
Part 4: (view spoiler)
Finished: (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Ellie wrote: "Oh MY GOD! Finished! [spoilers removed]"

I know right?! I did not expect that ending! Though I did guess that (view spoiler) In the story, (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Up to chapter 35 (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Up to chapter 47 (view spoiler)

message 35: by Lane (last edited Jul 07, 2018 12:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor
Chapter 14 (view spoiler)
Chapter 30 (view spoiler)
Chapter 41 (view spoiler)
Finished (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Days of Blood & Starlight
Finished! (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor
Up to Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Up to Part 2 (page 236): (view spoiler)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Almost done! This series is so good!

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Finished the final book! (view spoiler)

message 41: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments This book has such beautiful descriptive writing, with vibrant imagery. I'm enjoying this so much more the second time around, espically as I cannot remember anything about it.

Chapter 1-5
(view spoiler)

message 42: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments Chapter 6-14
(view spoiler)

Saar The Book owl | 3401 comments Mod
Currently I'm on chapter 10. I'm reading the Dutch translation, but the writing is really good: descriptive, colorful, rich. It took me untill chapter 7 to get into the story, but now I'm liking it so far. I'll post spoilers tomorrow. On the phone isn't that easy. Back to reading!

message 44: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Glad you're enjoying it! It sounds like you have a good translation.

I'm starting chapter 22, but up untill now I'm hooked. I can't wait to continue. At first I thought that it wasn't going to be a story for me: school, boys...But then it got interesting with Brimstone, Issa...
My thoughts so far is that: (view spoiler)

message 46: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments I'm glad you're enjoying it more now! It certainly gets better the further through you get. I'm going to do my updates tomorrow as I'm on my phone currently!

So far I think that (view spoiler)

message 48: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments I can't remember what chapter this happened in but only read it once you've read what happens after they snap the wishbone! (view spoiler)

I really enjoyed this book. At the beginning, I never thought I would. It started a bit slow and nothing was happening and the YA - bits were sometimes a bit irritating, but then my feelings towards the book turned as I had so many questions about the teeth, the wishes and Brimstone.
There were bits and pieces that were easy to figure out, but also twists that I didn't see coming.
It's a bit cliché that an angel and demon are falling in love, but the sort of angel and demon and the why they are falling in love with all the consequences were very interesting an well thought of.
Besides the romance - part, the fantasy - part was enough for me to want to read part 2 and 3.
Karou was a well thought of - character with her blue hair, her tattoo's...It made me curious in who/what she was. She had that hard shell around her and inside there was nothing but loneliness and the feeling of belonging somewhere, but not knowing where.
Zuzana had a little role, but she was one of my favorite characters too.
After all, an ejoyable read and after 3/4 I couldn't stop reading.

Jordan wrote: "I can't remember what chapter this happened in but only read it once you've read what happens after they snap the wishbone! [spoilers removed]"

That was as a big twist in the story! I was waiting on it after you said that. It made me really curious.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.