UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > By request: adding pictures to Goodreads' posts

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Jul 30, 2014 04:58AM) (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments There are different ways of adding pictures to these posts. This is the method I employ:

Open a photobucket account (free for basic membership) http://s72.photobucket.com/

Upload a picture from hard-drive to photobucket.

In photobucket, open the picture you wish to post. To the right of the picture are four options for you to copy, under the heading 'links to share this photo'. You'll need the HTML one to post on here.

Copy the HTML. Post it in the message box as it is. Hey presto! Your picture appears.

message 2: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments

message 3: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Almond anyone?

photo Raw-Almonds_zps0b4ebb89.jpg

message 4: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments You don't need photobucket if your image is already online, you just need to click on the image so it is the only thing on the screen. With mine I had to right click on it and open it in a new tab and then I just used the web address it gave me

Type < img src="paste the web address here"/ > (no spaces between the < and the > though

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments That was dead easy!! Thanks :)

message 7: by Jud (new)

On google images you just need to click view image to get the web address for doing it

message 8: by David (last edited Jul 30, 2014 05:08AM) (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Now you're just showing off, Jud :~)

Photobucket is handy for storing images you might want to use again, like book covers, or almonds. But really it's just a way of getting your own images online.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Nice one!

Thanks, both.

Could I have a nice frosty beer, please?

message 10: by David (last edited Jul 30, 2014 05:33AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments No, I don't want an image error, thanks.

message 12: by David (last edited Jul 30, 2014 05:38AM) (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments It seems not all images are equal

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Or you suck at posting pics.

message 14: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments I'll stick to my tried and tested method in future. I get less hassle that way ;~P

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You're just asking for more hassle now.

message 16: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments You've got your frosty beer, look.

message 17: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments

message 18: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 7481 comments Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: ""

Looking radiant there Jud :-)

I might try this when I get home, but I'm thinking upload a picture to my blogger.com but then change the setting for html rather than direct text entry, that will give me the picture code in html and I can just copy & paste it to here and see if that works?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Mmmmmmbeermmmmm

Nice bird there, Rosen!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh yes, meant to say you look fantastic, Jud!

message 21: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 7481 comments I might even post the picture of me dressed as a nurse for a reading

Kay (Golden Girl) | 2286 comments wow that was easy ,my daughters new kitten

message 24: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm | 3 comments David wrote: "There are different ways of adding pictures to these posts. This is the method I employ:

Open a photobucket account (free for basic membership) http://s72.photobucket.com/

Upload a picture from ..."

This is the easiest way to upload pictures, it took me ages to figure it.i had to email Goodreads for help.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Kay (Golden Girl) wrote: "wow that was easy ,my daughters new kitten"

Awwwwwwwwww adorable!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Marc wrote: "I might even post the picture of me dressed as a nurse for a reading"

Now you HAVE to.

message 27: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 7481 comments I will if I can find it

message 28: by M.T. (last edited Jul 31, 2014 02:18PM) (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7778 comments OK...

message 29: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7778 comments Nah... can't get it to work at all.

message 30: by David (last edited Jul 30, 2014 02:29PM) (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments

Nor can I. Not that way.

message 31: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7778 comments I'll try and post one using the photobucket thing... if they get round to reminding me what my pass word is anytime soon. Firefox is supposed to remember them but has unilaterally decided to stop.

message 32: by Jud (last edited Jul 31, 2014 01:51AM) (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments You are leaving the spaces after the < and before the > you need to take those out Mary, also there shouldn't be a space between src= and " oh and you need to put the / at the end before > so "/> (no spaces between)

message 33: by Jud (new)

message 34: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7778 comments Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: ""

Oh my giddy aunt! You're right! It worked. I must cut and parse that into my extremely useful things file!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Cut and parse? You want to check on the grammar??

message 36: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Note - there's always somebody checking on the grammar! ;)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yep. The stocks are always at the ready.

We need a picture of the stocks, please.

message 38: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 360 comments I only have pics of my bookcovers on photobucket, so sorry if it looks like spam. Had to try it out lol.

photo f7ff2a72-9da8-48b2-b89a-c637da59851f_zps729465ed.jpg

message 39: by David (new)

David Corner | 4 comments A picture paints a thousand words, great new idea for a thousand word new Paris travel book, Eiffel tower jpeg, damn won't upload, never mind then ....

message 40: by R.J. (last edited Oct 28, 2014 03:30PM) (new)

R.J. Askew (rjaskew) | 959 comments OMG it's Facebook ............... lemme outta here .........exit thread stage right >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

message 41: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 461 comments R.J. wrote: "OMG it's Facebook ............... lemme outta here .........exit thread stage right >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"

Lol, I thought I might learn something new. All I learnt is that I am still as technologically challenged as I thought. It's all Greek to me. My GR life will have to be one without photos. Sigh.