YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Illusions of Fate
This topic is about Illusions of Fate
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White - Restarting April 18th 2015

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83060 comments Mod
Downton Abbey meets Cassandra Clare in this lush, romantic fantasy from New York Times bestselling author Kiersten White.

“I did my best to keep you from crossing paths with this world. And I shall do my best to protect you now that you have.”

Jessamin has been an outcast since she moved from her island home of Melei to the dreary country of Albion. Everything changes when she meets Finn, a gorgeous, enigmatic young lord who introduces her to the secret world of Albion’s nobility, a world that has everything Jessamin doesn’t—power, money, status…and magic. But Finn has secrets of his own, dangerous secrets that the vicious Lord Downpike will do anything to possess. Unless Jessamin, armed only with her wits and her determination, can stop him.

Kiersten White captured readers’ hearts with her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy and its effortless mix of magic and real-world teenage humor. She returns to that winning combination of wit, charm, and enchantment in Illusions of Fate, a sparkling and romantic new novel perfect for fans of Cassandra Clare, The Madman’s Daughter, and Libba Bray.

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 486 comments Yay! I'm excited to start this :) who else is doing this?

message 3: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat (kaitlins16) I forgot to do updates as I read! I read this one yesterday. :)

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 486 comments Awwww. Since no one responded I only read the first few chapters and stopped.

How was it? I really liked what I read :) I'm putting it aside though for now and I'm going to read it closer to the pub date.

message 5: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat (kaitlins16) It was a really good read! It's my favorite Kiersten White book so far (I've read six others). I loved the characters. Jessamin was pretty funny. :D

The cover represents the story so well. It's rich and magical.

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 486 comments Oh gosh, I looove the cover. I saw it on Edelweiss and was like ahh! So pretty. I haven't read anything by her (yet!) I do own Mind Games though, I've just not had time to read it. What other series does she have?

message 7: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat (kaitlins16) Her other series is the Paranormalcy series:
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) by Kiersten White Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten White

It features a mix of supernatural creatures and has a very funny heroine. All three books are pretty good!

She also co-wrote In the Shadows by Kiersten White , but I'm pretty sure it's a standalone. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it's half graphic novel and half novel. It was creative.

The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White is another sandalone, but it's the one I haven't read yet. I love that cover, though.

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 486 comments Ooh the Chaos of Stars is on my wishlist! And I remember picking up Paranormalcy from the library one time, but never got to it. Wow I didn't realize she's written so many books, that's really cool. Is Illusions of Fate a stand alone or will it be a series?

message 9: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat (kaitlins16) I'm not sure...it feels like a standalone, but I wouldn't mind if there was a sequel just so I could have more of the characters and magic.

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 486 comments That's cool

message 11: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Restarting April 18th 2015.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 12: by Christina (last edited Apr 18, 2015 07:32PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 2

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Christina (last edited Apr 19, 2015 03:44AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 4- (view spoiler)

message 14: by Selma (last edited Apr 19, 2015 05:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 2 - (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 6- (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 8- (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments chapter 14- (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments chapter 19- (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments chapter 23-(view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments chapter 25- (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 27- (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments chapter 31- (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments @Selma
Are you enjoying this so far? I hope it gets better

Christina | 4418 comments Selma wrote: "Chapter 6- [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments Christina wrote: "@Selma
Are you enjoying this so far? I hope it gets better"

Yes, I'm enjoying it quite a lot! :)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 9- things are picking up! (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 33 - (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments Chapter 34 - (view spoiler)

Selma | 472 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 16 - (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 23 - it got interesting but then I'm still bored

(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 27 - (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End: @Selma

What a twist (view spoiler)