Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Man Hands (Man Hands, #1)
This topic is about Man Hands
Archive (Buddy Reads) > June Buddy Read - Man Hands (Chan, MountainKat)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 8290 comments **

Chan | 4298 comments Hey MKat! We get to be buddies! YAY!!!!

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited May 23, 2018 10:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments Hi Chan! We are driving home right now, well hubby’s driving, and I’m not sure I’ll get to look at this on my computer tonight. It’s just about impossible on my phone. Do you have a shelf with your short list? Mine is my to-read-asap shelf, sorry can’t link it. It isn’t completely current with my M&G books, but I think(hope) I pulled the ones I will read in May.

ETA: to-read-asap
Now shower and bed - I'm exhausted!

Chan | 4298 comments I'm still pulling together my June books. I should have them in a couple of days.

I looked at your shelf and got excited about Red Dirt Heart, but you're further along than I am in the series. But there were other things on there that interested me.

I hope you were able to get some rest :o)

Chan | 4298 comments Okay...these are some of the books that I plan to read next month. Don't feel obligated to pick from my list.

Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase Bossman by Vi Keeland At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5) by Jill Shalvis Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren Dirty Girl (Dirty Girl Duet, #1) by Meghan March A Love to Call Her Own (Tallgrass, #3) by Marilyn Pappano Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3) by Kristen Ashley Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard Blind Faith (Sin Brothers, #3) by Rebecca Zanetti Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain, #6) by Kristen Ashley Zeke (The Powers That Be, #2) by Harper Bentley Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1) by Georgia Cates Beneath These Chains (Beneath, #3) by Meghan March Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3) by Alice Clayton The Proposition (The Plus One Chronicles, #1) by Jennifer Lyon Grey (Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian, #1) by E.L. James The Hard Count by Ginger Scott Mine for Tonight (The Billionaire's Obsession, #1.1) by J.S. Scott An Accidental Affair (Liliana Batchelor, #1) by Holly Blackstone Ruined (Ethan Frost, #1) by Tracy Wolff Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire The Prince & The Player (Dirty Players #1) by Tia Louise The Newcomer (Thunder Point, #2) by Robyn Carr Fifty Shades of Plaid by Parody Brothers The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn The Summers by Iva-Marie Palmer Perfectly Broken by Prescott Lane Playing With Trouble (Desire Bay #1) by Joya Ryan Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street, #6) by Samantha Young Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street, #4) by Samantha Young Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry Sledgehammer (Hard to Love, #2) by P. Dangelico The Silent Waters (Elements, #3) by Brittainy C. Cherry Mine (Real, #2) by Katy Evans Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5) by Penny Reid Red Dirt Heart 2 (Red Dirt, #2) by N.R. Walker Bombshell (Up-close & Personal Novella No. 1) by Kellie Hart Wait for It by Mariana Zapata Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire Beneath These Chains (Beneath, #3) by Meghan March Addicted (Addicted Trilogy, #1) by S. Nelson Hold Your Breath (Search and Rescue, #1) by Katie Ruggle A Love to Call Her Own (Tallgrass, #3) by Marilyn Pappano Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street, #6) by Samantha Young The Newcomer (Thunder Point, #2) by Robyn Carr Binding Arbitration (Chicago Sports Romance #2) by Elizabeth Marx Tyed by L.J. Shen Mine for Tonight (The Billionaire's Obsession, #1.1) by J.S. Scott An Accidental Affair (Liliana Batchelor, #1) by Holly Blackstone Dirty Girl (Dirty Girl Duet, #1) by Meghan March Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Mansfield Park by Jane Austen Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles Dawn of Forever (Jack & Jill, #3) by Jewel E. Ann Trust (Wrong, #3) by Jana Aston Against the Ropes (Redemption, #1) by Sarah Castille Angel of Redemption by J.A. Little Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter, #2) by Vi Keeland

Chan | 4298 comments I can't start in the middle of a series and many of your books don't don't begin with book 1. So, the ones from your shelf that I would be interested in reading (in no particular order:

Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely Man Hands (Man Hands, #1) by Sarina Bowen The Test by Tawna Fenske

message 7: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments I can't blame you at all for not wanting to read a series out of order - I'm the same way! Which is a problem for a few of the books on your list too. BTW, you have some great books on that list - I've read almost a third of them!

Of the ones you said from my shelf, I would be good with any of them - obviously. The Test is the second book though, so if you haven't read the first it probably isn't a great idea.

I will check a little more thoroughly the ones from your list and pop back in a few ideas.

message 8: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments I looked over your list and found a few that would work, they are not too long and the top ones are in audio which is a big help to me.

Playing With Trouble by Joya Ryan
The Proposition by Jennifer Lyon
Tyed by L.J. Shen

or

Fifty Shades of Plaid by Parody Brothers - Not sure how this would work though since it says it is interactive and we would probably getting different stories.

All together we have:

Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward
Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely
Man Hands by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby
Playing With Trouble by Joya Ryan
The Proposition by Jennifer Lyon
Tyed by L.J. Shen

and possibly the other one. Let me know what you think.

Chan | 4298 comments Hmm...my vote is for Man Hands.
My next two would be - Come as you are; Tyed

What about you?

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments Man Hands definitely works - it's one of my M&G books! And after seeing another pair buddy read it, I was intrigued. =)

When do you want to read? And how do you want to do it - chapters, just read through and comment as we want?

I will be listening to it and and since it is 6 1/2 hours I would normally finish in a day or two. It would depend on whether I started it first thing or was waiting to finish another book and which day it was. Some days are better listening days. But I can spread it out if you want to comment after every couple of chapters.

message 11: by Chan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chan | 4298 comments I can start any time after May 29th and I'm open to however you want to comment. I'm very flexible.

6 1/2 hours, that's not too bad. I will probably take about 3 or days to read it. If we decide on chapters, let me know how many chapters you want to listen to each day. There are a total of 46 chapters.

message 12: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited May 27, 2018 02:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments Well, why don't we just read as we normally would. And just comment whenever we feel the need or stop for a period of time, using chapters to identify where we are and spoiler tags so we don't give anything away. I think that works better for me and it sounds like it does for you too.

And we are supposed to wait until June to start... If we start on the 1st, I will be a little slower. It is harder to listen on the weekends when hubby isn't working, but I can still get a little in while doing stuff around the house.

message 13: by Chan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chan | 4298 comments Okay. Sounds good. We can start June 4th if you want.

message 14: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments We can start on the 1st and I will probably finish over the weekend, or definitely by the 4th. Or we can start on the 4th and I will probably finish on the 6th, since we are gone all day on the 5th. Either one works for me, so whichever is easier for you! =)

message 15: by Chan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chan | 4298 comments I read slow. So, I'll probably start on the 1st.

message 16: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments Sounds like a plan!

message 17: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments Hi Chan, how's reading going? I am at 43%, the beginning of chapter 24 - had an unplanned trip off the mountain today and got in more listening time than I expected.

I am enjoying it so far, not laugh out loud funny, but humorous. For me, it feels like it can't decide if it is going to be over the top funny, think Seduction and Snacks, or just funny like maybe the Neighbor from Hell books by R.L. Mathewson. I think it might be better if it went one way or the other. Things are about to get interesting, so I'm looking forward to continuing.

message 18: by Chan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chan | 4298 comments Hey MKat! Soooo....I fibbed a little. Not on purpose, but I haven't started the book yet. I've been struggling to get through another read for a week. I have about 15% left of that book and will start Man Hands before bed or tomorrow.

Thanks for the warning about the humor. I do enjoy the Neighbor from Hell series, but I have to take breaks with it. I can't read them back to back. Seduction and Snacks required some perseverance, but I found it very funny.

Here's to crossing fingers and toes that I enjoy it.

message 19: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments No worries, I didn't get any reading time today anyway. No rush, go at your own speed!

And hopefully knowing my thoughts on the humor will make it easier for you. For me, books or movies are never as good or as bad as I hear others say - I expect something extreme either way and it is always less.

message 20: by Chan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chan | 4298 comments MountainKat wrote: "No worries, I didn't get any reading time today anyway. No rush, go at your own speed!

And hopefully knowing my thoughts on the humor will make it easier for you. For me, books or movies are never..."

I started Man Hands last night and I see what you were referring to. I only made it part way through chapter 2. I smiled a lot, and laughed out loud once. I found "Against. The. Wall" hysterical for some reason. I kept rereading it.

It's a good start for me. I'm enjoying it. I have a very busy day at work today, but hopefully I'll be able to read a couple of chapters before bed tonight.

message 21: by Chan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chan | 4298 comments Hey MKat. I'm up to Chapter 13.
There are parts that are pretty funny and then there are parts that I think the author is trying to hard. I think you were spot on with the Seduction and Snacks reference.

Are you liking it?

message 22: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments Sorry, I've had a busy few days - I knew they were coming, that's why I preferred to start on the 1st. But I didn't think they would be so busy that I couldn't stop by to comment! I finished the other day, and I liked it, but I will hold comments until you finish since they are more general than specific. =)

message 23: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments Hi Chan, just checking in. Seems like you got super crazy, busy too and I was just wondering where you were at with the book. Let me know. =)

message 24: by Chan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chan | 4298 comments Hi Mkat!

I'm almost halfway through.

I will say that I was shocked that they had sex in the boathouse knowing that there was a guy in there. Therefore, I wasn't really surprised that a video surfaced. I am confused that nobody seems to remember the guy. I just reached the point where the publicist suggested that Brynn and Tom hang out and give the public a normal side.

I hope to be done soon.

message 25: by Chan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chan | 4298 comments Hey MKat.

I completed the book last week. It was funny and corny. I laughed a couple of times, but smiled a lot more. I thought it was kind of slow in the beginning, but it got better as it went along.

I liked Brynn's friends, Ash and Sadie. I wanted to know more about Sadie's home life. I was in total shock at the end when Ash and Braht ended up in the pantry while they were taping live. I knew they were going to end up together eventually, but I didn't see it happening like that LOL.

What did you think?

message 26: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 23576 comments Yeah, the pantry sex was hilarious! Overall I enjoyed it, it was sweet and funny. I had a couple of quibbles - the main one, or the one I remember, is that there was such a big deal about Tom's ex not knowing his past and then he didn't really tell much of it to Brynn. But those were little things, that I can overlook. In the end, I gave it a low 4 stars.