Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Comet Rising (Shadow Weaver, #2)
This topic is about Comet Rising
Book Cover Help > Delete Cover, Please

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mindy (new)

Mindy McGinnis | 20 comments Hello - I have limited permissions and so cannot help. The author is a friend and is asking that the current cover be removed, as it has not been officially released and this is not the final version.

Thank you!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 2: by Mindy (new)

Mindy McGinnis | 20 comments Thank you!

message 3: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz I cannot help with this at all, I just felt like sharing this fact:

I work at a warehouse where we process books returned from stores, and just today came across two copies of this one--with no bar-code, and "Published 2019" inside the cover. That was delightfully surreal. You don't know how badly I wanted to take one of those books home and start devouring it, but sadly I had to turn them both in for processing.

I guess now I know why they had to be returned. I can't wait to see the final version and devour it though!

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Mindy,
I can see that the cover was changed, but also the book already has some reviews, so could you please let us know if advanced reader copies were distributed with the previous 'not final' cover?

message 5: by Mindy (new)

Mindy McGinnis | 20 comments Liz wrote: "I cannot help with this at all, I just felt like sharing this fact:

I work at a warehouse where we process books returned from stores, and just today came across two copies of this one--with no b..."

Hi Liz -- oh wow, what a cool job! From an author's perspective, what happen to an ARC like that with no barcode when it can't be processed? Just curious. So much paper moving around in the world.

message 6: by Mindy (new)

Mindy McGinnis | 20 comments Olivia wrote: "Mindy,
I can see that the cover was changed, but also the book already has some reviews, so could you please let us know if advanced reader copies were distributed with the previous 'not final' cover?"

Hi Olivia - thanks for checking in... let me ask MarcyKate and I will get back to you!

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 24933 comments Liz wrote: "I work at a warehouse where we process books returned from stores, and just today came across two copies of this one--with no b..."

Do you work in the Twilight Zone?

message 8: by Mindy (new)

Mindy McGinnis | 20 comments Mindy wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Mindy,
I can see that the cover was changed, but also the book already has some reviews, so could you please let us know if advanced reader copies were distributed with the previous ..."

Answer from MarcyKate:

Good question! My ARCs all have the final cover, so as far as I know, yes, all reviews should apply to that version.

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Thanks for confirmation Mindy!