YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Personal Challenges > Personal Challenges

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Do you have personal reading challenges that you want to do within the year?
Whether it is just a tracking of the books you're reading this year or keeping track of challenges you're participating in, create a thread in this folder and have your own personal page where you can keep everyone updated on what you're reading, how far you are through a challenge or even just for a chat about the books you're reading.

message 2: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Everyone okay with my moving the 2020 personal challenge threads into the archive folder? They will still be accessible and open to new comments.

message 3: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
Go for it!

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4924 comments Mod
Yes please! Thanks! I never got around to it

message 5: by Gord (new)

Gord | 606 comments I'm fine with that

message 6: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 1283 comments Yeah, move mine too

message 7: by Reed (new)

Reed (reedster6) | 12 comments ᗰY ᑭEᖇᔕOᑎᗩᒪ ᑕᕼᗩᒪᒪEᑎGE Iᔕ TIᗰEᔕ ᖇEᗩᗪ 45 ᗷOOKᔕ TᕼIᔕ YEᗩᖇ

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Its about that time again to start planning for the next year. So if you are like me and get started a bit early, feel free to make your personal challenge page for next year

message 9: by Gord (new)

Gord | 606 comments I want to set one up but I really don't have goals for next year. I just kind of want a casual year of reading where I read what I want. I mean I could set up something saying I'll read a 100 books but I know I'll blow through that in no time.

Maybe I'll do something like two chapters of The Wandering Inn a week to get caught up on that?

message 10: by Brittany (new)

Casual reading sounds like a good plan Gord. You can even leave it as somewhere to just keep track of reads or whatever as well. Great idea to catch up on Wandering Inn

message 11: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1589 comments I've put up my annual TBR challenge page for next year. I stalled out on it this year, but I'm hoping 2022 will be better for reading for me than this year has been!

message 12: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 729 comments Setting up mine as well! With starting school and juggling two jobs and kiddos.. not sure how much reading I'll manage so planning to participate more in year long/solo challenges instead of team ones that would be held back from a slower pace.

message 13: by Brittany (new)

Good luck to you both!

message 14: by Raquel (new)

Raquel Herrera (rh_author) | 2 comments Not me at 4am reading all these comments lol (I'm trying to start being active here in GR)

I'm already planning mine but so far would be to finish most of my unfinished series. I have so many series that I started and never finished

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Nothing wrong with reading comments at 4am! I do it all the time! I get that Raquel, I need to finish series too. What are some in particular you would like to get caught up on in the new year?

message 16: by Raquel (new)

Raquel Herrera (rh_author) | 2 comments Throne of Glass is one of them. I've been stuck in book 3 since months ago.

Also Elementals by Brigid Kemmerer I really liked the first book but for some reason, I never finished them.

And Vampire Academy, I'm in book 3 since a year ago. I definitely want to finish that one too.

message 17: by Brittany (new)

I loved ToG. We did a readalong for that series so if you ever wanted to see others thoughts or add some of your own or anything check it out here

I never finished VA either, I read all but the last one!

message 18: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
I think I need 2-3 more books in VA to finish the series! I remember really enjoying it back when I started it.

message 19: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 1283 comments I love your challenges and goals and I'll be glad to see how you reach them. Though this year I'm not going to set any goals and see how it goes.

message 20: by Brittany (new)

Nothing wrong with that either Elena!