YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Series/Buddy Reads Archive > Throne of Glass Series Readalong

Comments Showing 1-50 of 161 (161 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (last edited May 22, 2018 10:11AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas

#1 Throne of Glass
#2 Crown of Midnight
#3 Heir of Fire
#4 Queen of Shadows
#5 Empire of Storms
#6 Tower of Dawn
#7 Kingdom of Ash

message 2: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

We will start this series readalong in June. See below for the timescale.

June 1, 2018 - Throne of Glass
June 15, 2018 - Crown of Midnight
July 1, 2018 - Heir of Fire
August 1, 2018 - Queen of Shadows
September 1, 2018 - Empire of Storms
October 1, 2018 - Tower of Dawn
October 23, 2018 - Kingdom of Ash

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Fitzgerald | 20 comments I just bought it yesterday! I am 10 chapters in and loving it!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I read the first one over a year ago and can’t wait to read the whole series!

message 6: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I adore the series. The only one I haven't read yet is Tower of Dawn. I can't wait to re-read them all again :)

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4924 comments Mod
That's perfect! I should be ready to dive into book 3 by July!

message 8: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

YAY! So glad you may join us starting from book 3 Britt. I can't wait to start my re-read :)

message 9: by Brittany (new)

And I look forward to seeing everyone's opinions on the first 2 and joining in on the conversations! I'm also amused that you didn't add assassins blade to the list but I know how much you didn't love it.

message 10: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

That wasn't my decision lol. It was just because we don't have enough time to read them all on the time-scale for book 7 coming out. Plus, it's not 100% necessary to have read to understand the series.

But yeah, you're right, I definitely won't re-read The Assassin's Blade lol.

message 11: by Brittany (new)

That's completely fair :)

message 12: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

It's there on my shelf with my Sarah J Maas collection though. It can just look pretty on the shelf haha.

message 13: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Why are you embarrassed? Not all books are for everyone. There’s many books people love that I don’t.

They do get better as the series goes on.

I will be starting my re-read a bit later in the month.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments BooksandChocolate99 wrote: "I‘m a bit embarrassed to admit it but I read the first two books a few years ago and really didn‘t like them. So I‘m now using this to give them another chance. Hopefully I‘ll enjoy them this time😁"

Don't be embarrassed. I read the first book a couple of years ago and was not a huge fan either. I know how your feeling though since everyone else LOVES the series. I am hoping that I will love it this time too!

message 15: by Brittany (new)

BooksandChocolate99 wrote: "I‘m a bit embarrassed to admit it but I read the first two books a few years ago and really didn‘t like them. So I‘m now using this to give them another chance. Hopefully I‘ll enjoy them this time😁"

Nothing to be embarrassed about! Ive read the first 2 and enjoyed them but they do have their issues too in my opinion. Maybe it will be better for you on a reread, maybe it wont and either way that is perfectly okay! It would be boring if we all loved the same things.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I started reading the book last night and I have got to say....I am very much enjoying it this time than I did the first time around. Almost to the point that I do not want to stop reading!

message 17: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

YAY! I'm going to have to catch up. I'm reading my current read and then read the group read before starting this. I don't mind coz I'll read Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight one after the other.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Okay, So I love Celaena so much more this time around! I am REALLY enjoying this book and am so excited to move forward with the series:) It seems that our little heroine has two love interests and I am curious to see what will happen with either of them. I kind of do not have a solid opinion on either at this point and I have to delve more into the story to decide.

I am about 35% in.

message 19: by Brittany (new)

I look forward to hearing more about what you feel about her love interests later! I am a (view spoiler) Glad youre enjoying it more this time through!

message 20: by heather - NightlyReading (last edited Jun 11, 2018 11:27AM) (new)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I am just copying and pasting this here from the other thread:D

These are my thoughts on TOG:

I loved it this time!! I am trying to hold back until the 15th to jump into Crown of Midnight..... like I said....trying....very hard!

I am still on the fence of whom I want Celaena with as I really like both the Prince and Chaol. (I may be leaning more towards Chaol at this moment) but I want to read the next book to make a final decision of whom would be a better fit for her.

I also DO NOT TRUST THE KING!!! I think he secretly has it out for his own son and the ending was kind of bitter sweet. (view spoiler) *sigh*

message 21: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Reading your reactions makes me happy. It also makes me realise that I really do need a re-read. I don’t remember a whole lot from the early books. I first read it 6 years ago, my last re-read 4 years ago. Can’t believe it was that long ago.

message 22: by Brittany (new)

I can agree with the bitter sweet ending and distrust of the King Heather. Good luck waiting until the 15th, you are almost there though!

message 23: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I’m like 14 days late but finally starting my re-read of Throne of Glass today. Super excited.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I’m like 14 days late but finally starting my re-read of Throne of Glass today. Super excited."

YAY!!!!! I have to finish my current read, then I will start on Crown of Midnight.

message 25: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I should be done with ToG by end of the weekend. It didn’t take me long to read the first time around so shouldn’t take me too long. I’m too exhausted after work to read much tonight though. I just read 3 chapters and was falling asleep 😂

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I should be done with ToG by end of the weekend. It didn’t take me long to read the first time around so shouldn’t take me too long. I’m too exhausted after work to read much tonight though. I just..."

That happens to me every night! Some nights, I swear, I have to use toothpicks to keep my eyes open to actually finish a book!

message 27: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Well I very rarely read during the week anymore as I'm just too tired. Weekends and when I'm off work is my reading time.

message 28: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I finally started Throne of Glass. I’m about 50 pages in and realised I hardly remember any of it. It was 6 years ago when I read it but still I can’t believe I’ve forgotten so much. It’s starting to be more familiar now though. Hoping to get through it quite quickly so I’m back on track for Crown of Midnight.

message 29: by Brittany (new)

How are you enjoying the reread Kay? Even with everything you've forgotten (it is crazy how much we forget about books, even the ones we loved), are you finding things that you missed the first time through? Or anything that jumps out at you?

message 30: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I’m loving it. I forgot how much I loved this series. I am having bits jump out at me. Like now I’ve read the prequel novellas, although I wasn’t a big fan of them, it’s great seeing how they link in to the story. Also loving knowing what’s to come so for example I read the line ‘I’m not destined for anything anymore’ and I was like if you only knew hahaha

message 31: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I've just put my book down for the night. I'm 330 pages in so will definitely finish it off tomorrow. Then onto Crown of Midnight.

I forgot how much I loved this series. I always sat that I prefer the ACOTAR books to these ones but I really did forget how much I adore it. Having not read Tower of Dawn yet I last read an installment of this series 2 or 3 years ago. I forgot how much I love Dorian and Chaol as well. *heart eyes*

message 32: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Finished Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas and loved it even more the second time round. I adore this series.

Going to start reading Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas tomorrow.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I just started COM, I could not wait any longer!!! My current read will have to pick up after I am finished with this one.

message 34: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Same Heather. I'm only 3 chapters in

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Same Heather. I'm only 3 chapters in"
me too...but I am captured already:)

message 36: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I loved this one the first time around so hoping I love it just as much this time.
I adore Chaol.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I loved this one the first time around so hoping I love it just as much this time.
I adore Chaol."

I am leaning towards Chaol, I think he would be a better choice for her...but still on the fence.

message 38: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Oh just wait. I’m loving re-reading knowing what happens. I can see all these little hints of what is to come and I’m like EEP!! Lol

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I am on about chapter 7 or 8 right now and I feel like I am getting into the "guts" of the story. I LOVE Chaol but feel bad for Dorian at this point. AND I am sooo nervous for Celaena!!!

message 40: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

My issue with this series is for the first time ever I love both guys in the love triangle so while I'm super happy for one, my heart breaks for the other.

message 41: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Page 89 of Crown of Midnight. (view spoiler)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Page 89 of Crown of Midnight. [spoilers removed]"

*swoon*

message 43: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I KNOW!!!! *heart eyes*
I’ve just stopped reading at chapter 14. I may be able to read a bit more tonight but we’ll see how I feel. I’m currently struck down with a head cold and can’t read much when my head hurts. Hoping to finish it by the weekend though.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I KNOW!!!! *heart eyes*
I’ve just stopped reading at chapter 14. I may be able to read a bit more tonight but we’ll see how I feel. I’m currently struck down with a head cold and can’t read much wh..."

Ahhh! Feel better Kay:) I usually read at night before bed. My sister and her family are here from Florida visiting and tonight is there last night, they go home tomorrow...*tears* Not sure how much I will get done tonight either?

message 45: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Thanks Heather. I’m starting to feel a little better but the headache comes and goes. Hopefully it’ll go soon lol.

I’m loving reading Crown of Midnight again. There’s actually so many hints of what is to come that I feel like a bit of idiot for not figuring something out before it’s revealed in the series. There’s so many glaringly obvious hints that first time around I completely missed.

message 46: by Brittany (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Page 89 of Crown of Midnight. [spoilers removed]"

YES!!! I love that quote! Choal, swoon!! I do like Dorian, just not for Celeana.

message 47: by heather - NightlyReading (last edited Jun 20, 2018 05:20AM) (new)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments OMG! OMG! OMG! (view spoiler) I cannot believe the twist that was thrown at us!!! I am ABSOLUTELY sucked into this book!

message 48: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Heather how far are you? What chapter?

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I think 21? Not sure, I was even reading this morning while trying to get ready for work...I wanted to call in sick just to stay home and read...read...READ!!!!

message 50: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I was just thinking coz there’s no warning of where in the book that spoiler is.
I’m only on chapter 14 but will be reading a bit more tonight.

« previous 1 3 4