What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Fool's Run
This topic is about Fool's Run
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Sci fi novel telepathic terrorist girl set to be executed unless she helps a ship crew, has a bald girl on the cover. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Smith | 4 comments Okay so I think the title is fools gold. The book’s premise is that there’s this space crew and they have to work with this criminal who was going to b3 executed. The criminal is a dangerous telepath, maybe a psychic or she might’ve made people kill themselves, I’m blanking on that. The cover was of a girl with no hair. I don’t remember the author but it might’ve been Anne McCaffrey or Ursula Le Guine. I read it some time in between 1996-2008. Thank you!

message 2: by Rosa (last edited May 14, 2018 09:09PM) (new)

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Smith | 4 comments Unfortunately nope but thank you!

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments I'm not sure the plot fits but Murphy's Gambit?

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily Smith | 4 comments Might be? This does look familiar so I’m wondering if it’s by the same author.

message 6: by Ky (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ky | 233 comments Any chance this is Fool's Run by Patricia A. McKillip? There is a picture of a bald woman on the cover and it was published in 1987 so would have been available by 1996. The bald woman is Terra Viridian and she was imprisoned for killing 1500 people which sounds a little closer to the plot elements in the OP than the description of Murphy's Gambit.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily Smith | 4 comments YES! YES thank you!!!! This is the book I was thinking of!!! Thank you so much!

message 8: by Ky (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ky | 233 comments You're welcome! Glad I could find it for you.