Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

I. Author Interviews! > Quirky Questions Interview for Authors

Comments Showing 1-50 of 167 (167 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments I've been looking for a way to reach out and help other authors promote their work, and I've come up with an idea to do author interviews, but with fun, oddball questions. Instead of just the routine questions about your book and your writing habits, I want to help readers get to know you, the fun, strange, random facts that exist in you that people may or may not know. Anyone interested? I'm just starting out, so I'm still figuring out how it will all work. If you are interested, let me know so I can start getting some interviews lined up. All I am asking in return is for you to like/share my blog page where the interview is at, to help spread the word. I don't have a lot of followers yet, so the more you share, the more people the interviews will reach. You don't have to be published yet, if you have a work in progress and are looking to expand your platform, that's fine too! Let's have some fun!

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Harju (pamelaharju) | 41 comments Count me in! I am by all means not famous, but I've lost count of how many times I've answered the same questions.

message 3: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Pamela wrote: "Count me in! I am by all means not famous, but I've lost count of how many times I've answered the same questions."

Cool! PM me your email and I can send you some info!

message 4: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments If I don't respond right away, don't worry! I'm doing this in my spare time, so I may be a bit slow, but I do check my email and social media pages daily, so I will get to you! :-)

message 5: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 154 comments I'd love to, Dove! You can reach me at zeemonodee@gmail.com

message 6: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Perfect! I'll be sending out emails in just a moment!

message 7: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Cheng | 17 comments Sounds like fun. You can reach me at marlene.cheng@telus.net

message 8: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Marlene wrote: "Sounds like fun. You can reach me at marlene.cheng@telus.net"
Great, Marlene! I will send you an email tomorrow with the steps!

message 9: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments I've got several interviews lined up now! Want to join in? PM me for some info!

message 10: by David (new)

David Kummer | 115 comments Hey would you be willing to interview me? I'm looking to do some, to build up interest in my new book Until We Burn. Let me know :) I love strange interviews like this!

message 11: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments David wrote: "Hey would you be willing to interview me? I'm looking to do some, to build up interest in my new book Until We Burn. Let me know :) I love strange interviews like this!"

Anyone is welcome! I will PM you the steps!

message 12: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments I have some really great responses coming in! I can't even tell you how much fun these interviews are! Want to have some fun? PM me!

message 13: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Willis (stephenjwillis) | 47 comments This would be fun I would be interested.

message 14: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Stephen wrote: "This would be fun I would be interested."

I sent you a message!

message 15: by Mark (new)

Mark Kloss (markkloss) | 63 comments I would be interested. Why not it sounds like fun. :)

message 16: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Mark wrote: "I would be interested. Why not it sounds like fun. :)"

Message on its way!

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Alexander | 2 comments Happy to play :)

message 18: by Rajeev (new)

Rajeev Singh | 5 comments I'm interested, Dove. You can reach me at rajeev.writer1985@gmail.com. Thanks. :)

message 19: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Harley wrote: "I’m quite quirky so I would love to be a part of this!

- Harley"

Rajeev wrote: "I'm interested, Dove. You can reach me at rajeev.writer1985@gmail.com. Thanks. :)"

Elizabeth wrote: "Happy to play :)"

Welcome, all! Look for my messages!

message 20: by Prakash (new)

Prakash Sharma (pvsharma) | 129 comments Please count me. My email id is:
prakash2484@gmail.com

message 21: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Prakash wrote: "Please count me. My email id is:
prakash2484@gmail.com"

Message sent!

message 22: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Brinker | 6 comments Sounds like a good time and a fun way of getting some more information out there. I'll be happy to sign up: brinker.writing@gmail.com

message 23: by Barbara (new)

Barbara White | 4 comments Just published my first. Became available May 9th. Any publicity would be good.

message 24: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Barbara wrote: "Just published my first. Became available May 9th. Any publicity would be good."

Ryan wrote: "Sounds like a good time and a fun way of getting some more information out there. I'll be happy to sign up: brinker.writing@gmail.com"

Messages sent!

message 25: by Casey (new)

Casey Hays | 4 comments Sure! That sounds fun!

message 26: by Effie (new)

Effie Kammenou (effiekammenou) | 720 comments I just finished a series and the third book is about to be released. I have a decent sized social media presence for sharing. count me in. Please message me when you are ready for me.

message 27: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresa99) | 502 comments I am writing a series and am getting close to releasing the third book as well. It sounds interesting! Please message me when you are ready.

message 28: by Amira (new)

Amira Awaad | 11 comments I'm totally in! Wow, thanks for doing this :) Sounds like fun.

message 29: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Amira wrote: "I'm totally in! Wow, thanks for doing this :) Sounds like fun."

Theresa wrote: "I am writing a series and am getting close to releasing the third book as well. It sounds interesting! Please message me when you are ready."

Effie wrote: "I just finished a series and the third book is about to be released. I have a decent sized social media presence for sharing. count me in. Please message me when you are ready for me."

Casey wrote: "Sure! That sounds fun!"

Welcome! I am sending you messages!

message 30: by De-de (new)

De-de Mulligan (dedemulligan) | 6 comments I'm happy to be included. My book will be coming out in 4Q18 or 1Q19. Happy to promote your blog as well.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Count me in

message 32: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments V.A. wrote: "Count me in"

De-de wrote: "I'm happy to be included. My book will be coming out in 4Q18 or 1Q19. Happy to promote your blog as well."

Messages sent!

message 33: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Want to sign up for an interview? Contact me! I've received some fantastic interviews and I would love to include yours!

message 34: by Mona (new)

Mona Soorma (manicsylph) | 13 comments Dove wrote: "Want to sign up for an interview? Contact me! I've received some fantastic interviews and I would love to include yours!"

Would love to be a part of this! I am very new to Goodreads, but this sounds like the best thing I've seen here yet.

message 35: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Mona wrote: "Dove wrote: "Want to sign up for an interview? Contact me! I've received some fantastic interviews and I would love to include yours!"

Would love to be a part of this! I am very new to Goodreads, ..."

Message sent!

message 36: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Pudsey | 15 comments I'm interested, Dove. You can find me at: rachel.pudsey@gmail.com

message 37: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Rachel wrote: "I'm interested, Dove. You can find me at: rachel.pudsey@gmail.com"

I will send you an email! :-)

message 38: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Pudsey | 15 comments Thanks -- I'll reply ASAP! :D

message 39: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katherineluck) | 5 comments Hi Dove,
I’d love to participate! Feel free to message me the details when you get a chance.

message 40: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Katherine wrote: "Hi Dove,
I’d love to participate! Feel free to message me the details when you get a chance."

Will do!

message 41: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Check out a new interview tomorrow and PM me if you're interested in taking part in an interview! There are plenty of cookies for everyone here!

message 42: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Sparrow (mlsparrow) | 7 comments This sounds fun! I love interviews, especially when the questions are a little out of the ordinary! Count me in when you have space!

message 43: by Edward (new)

Edward Whitehead | 4 comments Sounds very interesting, I'm Ash by the way representing the author who is 95 next month (July) I'm up for an interview, sounds like a lot of fun.

message 44: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Edward wrote: "Sounds very interesting, I'm Ash by the way representing the author who is 95 next month (July) I'm up for an interview, sounds like a lot of fun."

M.L. wrote: "This sounds fun! I love interviews, especially when the questions are a little out of the ordinary! Count me in when you have space!"

I will message you both! Welcome! :-)

message 45: by Camille (new)

Camille Marino (camillemarino) | 5 comments Hi all, I just found this thread. Well, I'm hoping to move from a controversial memoir into children's books. So quirky sounds about right. lol An interview might be fun. :)

message 46: by Tony (new)

Tony Duxbury | 59 comments Dove wrote: "I've been looking for a way to reach out and help other authors promote their work, and I've come up with an idea to do author interviews, but with fun, oddball questions. Instead of just the routi..."
Sounds like a bit of fun. Sign me up.

message 47: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments L.T. wrote: "Dove wrote: "I've been looking for a way to reach out and help other authors promote their work, and I've come up with an idea to do author interviews, but with fun, oddball questions. Instead of j..."

Tony wrote: "Dove wrote: "I've been looking for a way to reach out and help other authors promote their work, and I've come up with an idea to do author interviews, but with fun, oddball questions. Instead of j..."

Camille wrote: "Hi all, I just found this thread. Well, I'm hoping to move from a controversial memoir into children's books. So quirky sounds about right. lol An interview might be fun. :)"

There is room for everyone! I will message you all with details!

message 48: by Kurt (new)

Kurt Smith (kurtguy9782) | 4 comments I'd love to be a part of this. Out of the ordinary interviews sound fun. Sign me up.

message 49: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 83 comments Kurt wrote: "I'd love to be a part of this. Out of the ordinary interviews sound fun. Sign me up."

I will message you!

message 50: by Melody (new)

Melody Bremen (melodyjbremen) | 22 comments This sounds like fun. You can reach me at melodybremen@gmail.com.

« previous 1 3 4