PenPal Readers discussion

Archive [General] > Summer Read More challenge info and sign-up

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited May 14, 2018 11:27AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Sweet and Cool Summer Read More challenge with prizes! JUN-AUG

A simple challenge designed for you to challenge yourself to READ MORE this summer! We’ve created a simple TRACKING GRID where you can list the books that you read throughout the summer! This challenge is easy to do - you read what you want to read, no requirements. All the books you read for other challenges count towards this one! All you have to do is list your books read on the spreadsheet, and strive for your reading goal.

POINTS/LEVELS: You’ll earn points for each book read (and each page read)… Challenge yourself to READ MORE and reach a higher point level! And have fun cheering on other participants to read more too.

PRIZES: Every book you read and track on the spreadsheet earns you an entry into random prize drawings every second week all summer long. We’ll be giving away small book-related prizes that will be mailed to winners.

PENPALS: There will be a discussion thread where participants can chat about the books they’re reading, summer fun, favorite flavor of ice cream etc. You’ll have opportunities to make some PenPal connections based on common interests, books etc.

MOTIVATION: If you track your reading, and watch what other members are reading and tracking, it will motivate you to READ MORE!

NOTES:
- Sign-up opens May 14, and will remain open for duration of the challenge.
- The tracking spreadsheet has 3 tabs:
1) The tracking sheet where you will list the books you read Jun-Aug
2) FAQ's
3) Summary Total for all participants, with points/reading level (This sheet is calculated automatically.. there's nothing to enter here)
- The challenge is open to EVERYONE, whether you read one book a month, or one book a day! This is your own personal challenge, you're not competing against anyone else! So read, track, cheer, and enjoy!

What flavour will your reading be this summer? WATERMELON WAFER WORD WHIP? BLUEBERRY BUBBLEGUM BOOK BURST? Join in on the Sweet and Cool Summer Read More Challenge and READ MORE this summer!

Sign-up below now. Tracking your reads and discussion thread begins June 1st. The first prize giveaway will be awarded Jun 15th, and every two weeks after that until Aug 31st.

SPREADSHEET IS HERE
DISCUSSION THREAD IS HERE

message 2: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments oh sign me up
i deserve a vacation at this point (I just emailed my thesis to my supervisor for last check!) and books are the best vacation i can get
i'll be reading all possible flavours

message 3: by Kay (new)

Kay | 6 comments I'm in!

message 4: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 28 comments Sign me up!

message 5: by Syndi Siahaan (new)

Syndi Siahaan | 122 comments Looks like fun! I'm in!

message 6: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 20 comments I'm in

message 7: by Marisela (new)

Marisela (mariselaa) | 8 comments Sign me up please(:

message 8: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Of course i'm doing it as well, after thinking up all those dreamy flavours ;)

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Robinson | 3 comments This sounds like it is going to be fun so count me in!

message 10: by Cristina (new)

Cristina | 5 comments Signing up!

message 11: by Sami (new)

Sami (indulgentreaders) | -1 comments signing up!!

message 12: by Norma (new)

Norma | 6 comments I would like to sign up

message 13: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments I'm in!

message 14: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kwinkler85) | 2 comments I’m in!!! Excited!

message 15: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Jazzy wrote: "Of course i'm doing it as well, after thinking up all those dreamy flavours ;)"

AMAZING work at that, by the way!!

message 16: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Reads Books (chloee_matthews) I'm in! :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm in :)

message 18: by Teena (new)

Teena I'm in :)

message 19: by Ann (new)

Ann | 38 comments I’m in!

message 20: by Jazzy (last edited May 20, 2018 04:41AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Many thanks Mion!

Of course I had help from Anne who had the idea, so I just expanded it!

message 21: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments And it would be great if everyone here would go sign up over HERE:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 22: by Claire (new)

Claire | 7 comments Sign me up!

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Pecoraro (elizabethgabriella) | 11 comments this sounds like fun! thanks for organizing everything. Count me in!

message 24: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments TO ALL SIGNED UP - YAY, It's June 1st, and so our challenge has officially begun!!! I've added all of your names to the spreadsheet, so you can start adding your books you're reading!

SPREADSHEET is here
DISCUSSION THREAD is here

SIGN-UP stays open all summer, so I hope we'll see LOTS more members joining us in this challenge!

Happy reading, tracking, and having fun!

message 25: by Wes (new)

Wes | 6 comments ok I'll give it a go

message 26: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Wes wrote: "ok I'll give it a go"

YAY! That's great, Wes! It will be fun! I've added you to the spreadsheet, you're all set to start reading and tracking!

message 27: by Annie (new)

Annie | 89 comments I'd like to join too :)

message 28: by Amber M. (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 169 comments Ok, can I join in on this too, please? :)

message 29: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Annie wrote: "I'd like to join too :)"
Amber wrote: "Ok, can I join in on this too, please? :)"

Annie and Amber, you're both added to the spreadsheet. :) So happy you're both joining :)

message 30: by rachael (new)

rachael (infernalcoin269) | 1 comments can I please join?

message 31: by Zeth the Martian (new)

Zeth the Martian Sign me up!

message 32: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments rachael wrote: "can I please join?"
Zeth the Martian wrote: "Sign me up!

Yay, two more joining the fun :) - rachael and Zeth the Martian, you are both added to the spreadsheet now.

message 33: by Indah (new)

Indah Purwanti (goodreadscomindahpurwanti) | 3 comments count me in =D

message 34: by Kyle (new)

Kyle | 29 comments I'd like to be in too!

message 35: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Awesome - Indah and Kyle you're added to the spreadsheet!

Kyle, great to see you've added some books already, looks like you're a voracious reader!

We might have to add some higher levels if the reading keeps up at this rate :)

message 36: by Amber M. (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 169 comments Anne ✨ wrote: "Annie wrote: "I'd like to join too :)"
Amber wrote: "Ok, can I join in on this too, please? :)"

Annie and Amber, you're both added to the spreadsheet. :) So happy you're both joining :)"

Thank you!

message 37: by Ann (new)

Ann | 38 comments I'm in.
I've been missing tracking my reading with the Olympics challenge. :)

message 38: by Khrystyna (new)

Khrystyna (khrystynakv) | 21 comments I'd like to sign up as well.
I am bad at tracking sometimes.. I do it last minute. But I will try my hardest to keep up with it. I even wrote it down on my planner haha!!
I'm so excited!

message 39: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jun 06, 2018 10:33AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Ann wrote: "I'm in..."
Khrystyna wrote: "I'd like to sign up as well..."

Ann and Khrystyna,
Awesome you're joining! I've added you both to the spreadsheet, so you're all set!

message 40: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments I am getting confused with all the threads and things I think i signed up to everything but don't want to fill out that form that says how many books will you read for this challenge - I'll read them and find out then! :D

message 41: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jun 06, 2018 01:01PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Jazzy wrote: "I am getting confused with all the threads and things I think i signed up to everything but don't want to fill out that form that says how many books will you read for this challenge - I'll read th..."

Yeah, that's a Goodreads feature that lets you create a bookshelf and track a group challenge that way - totally optional! I have the challenges listed on the homepage to highlight them for members/non-members visiting the group. But I can't turn off the feature that says "I want to read XX books for this challenge"

Everyone signed up for this challenge will be listed on the 'Sweet Shop' tab of our tracking spreadsheet! 28 so far, and hopefully lots more to follow through the summer :)

message 42: by Elie (new)

Elie Smith (eliesmith) | 4 comments I'll join!!

message 43: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Elie wrote: "I'll join!!"

That's great Elie! I've added your name to the spreadsheet, so you're good to start tracking!

message 44: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jun 15, 2018 07:51AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments We're two weeks in! We have 32 participants, and over 140 books on the spreadsheet already! The reader flavour board is looking yummy and colourful! And we've just done our first prize drawing.

Visit the discussion thread for updates and more conversation!

message 45: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) Can I join?

message 46: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Lissette wrote: "Can I join?"

Of course! please also join the Ice Breaker challenge - you get 3 points towards the Sweet & Cool Summer Challenge
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 47: by Amber M. (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 169 comments Can I pester someone to please add my 3 points to the spreadsheet for the Icebreaker Challenge, unless there is something more I need to do...? Thank you! :)

message 48: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Amber wrote: "Can I pester someone to please add my 3 points to the spreadsheet for the Icebreaker Challenge, unless there is something more I need to do...? Thank you! :)"

Done! Sorry for missing that, Amber, I was away in Canada when you posted your icebreaker, and I forgot once I was home.

Your recommendations were awesome :)

message 49: by Amber M. (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 169 comments Anne ✨ wrote: "Amber wrote: "Can I pester someone to please add my 3 points to the spreadsheet for the Icebreaker Challenge, unless there is something more I need to do...? Thank you! :)"

Done! Sorry for missing that, Amber, I was away in Canada when you posted your icebreaker, and I forgot once I was home.

Your recommendations were awesome :)"

No worries. I can't even keep track of my own stuff, let alone a whole challenge full of other people's stuff lol Thanks!

message 50: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Amy wrote: "I’d like to give it a go !! :)"

Hi Amy! YES! That's great! You can add in all your reads from June 1st onwards! We're happy you're joining in!

I've put your name on the spreadsheet so you're all set to go! You can add your books to an empty row, mods sort the sheet daily to group your books together.

« previous 1