Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Incomplete Series Challenge > Jenny is a Serial Book Ditcher (Incomplete Series Challenge)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny Baker (last edited May 18, 2018 07:06AM) (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) 2018 Incomplete Series Challenge:

Completed: (In 2018)

Beneath the Sugar Sky - Wayward Children (3/3)
The Last Battle - The Chronicles of Narnia (7/7)
Stars Above - The Lunar Chronicles (6/6 counting novellas)

Up-to-date:

Caraval - Caraval (1/3)
Kings of the Wyld - The Band (1/3)
Strange the Dreamer - Strange the Dreamer (1/2)

In Progress: (Books listed are up next.)

A Court of Frost and Starlight - ACOTAR (3/6)
A Crown of Wishes - The Star-Touched Queen (1/2)
A Storm of Swords - A Song of Ice and Fire (2/7)
Firefight - The Reckoners (1/3)
Head On - Lock In (1/2)
Queen of Shadows - Throne of Glass (3/7)
Siege and Storm - Grisha (1/3)
The Ghost Brigades - Old Man’s War (1/6)
The Mark of Athena - The Heroes of Olympus (2/5)
Wizard and Glass - The Dark Tower (3/7)

Undecided: (Technically in progress, but I may abandon them.) (Books listed are up next.)

City of Glass - Mortal Instruments (2/6)
Hollow City - Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children (1/3)
Linger - Shiver (1/4)
Specials - Uglies (2/8)

Abandoned:

Red Queen - Red Queen (1/4)
Red Rising - Red Rising (1/3)
Shatter Me - Shatter Me (1/6)
The Scorch Trials - The Maze Runner (2/5)
The Selection - The Selection (1/5)

New Series to Start:

My list is too long! haha I won't dare list them yet, because I don't want to overwhelm myself anymore than I already am.

message 2: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) Completed:

Head On - Lock In (2/2)

message 3: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Good job :)

message 4: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7555 comments Mod
Lol nice title. XD and good luck with the challenge!

message 5: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Oh wow! I saw your listed uglies series as /of8 and I was like O_o wth, but then I looked it up AND THERES MORE COMING!!! :D I may have to reread... it has been like 10 years. Thanks for the heads up.

message 6: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) Thank you Virginie and Niki!

I was shocked when I saw that there will be 8 books in the series. It's been so long since I've read them. I liked the first two, but I wasn't dying to finish the series. I'm so torn.

message 7: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

I don't know it it will hold my attention now as well as when I was young, but I remember finishing the fourth book and clamoring for the next one (it was good), until my friend broke it to me that that's all there was going to be. I was very upset at this for years. Not anymore!!

message 8: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) How exciting for you! You can always skim the last book you read as a refresher. I can think of at least 20 other series that I'd rather read than this one, but I hate the idea of not finishing something that I started. :-)

message 9: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Me too. :)

message 10: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) Up-to-date:

A Court of Frost and Starlight - ACOTAR - (3.5/6)

message 11: by Jenny Baker (new)

Head On - (Lock In) - (2/2)

In Progress:

The House of Hades - The Heroes of Olympus - (3/5)

message 12: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) Wow, I completely forgot about my incomplete series challenge. Not only do I ditch a series, but apparently I also ditch a challenge to complete my series! LOL What's sort of sad is that I started another series a few days ago and THEN I remembered this challenge. :-)

Up-to-date:

Legendary - Caraval - (2/3)

In Progress:

The Blood of Olympus - The Heroes of Olympus - (5/5)

message 13: by Jenny Baker (last edited Nov 29, 2018 07:49AM) (new)

The Dark Tower - by Stephen King - (8/8)

The Blood of Olympus - The Heroes of Olympus - (5/5)

Muse of Nightmares - Strange the Dreamer - (2/2)

message 14: by Jenny Baker (new)

Firefight (Reckoners #2)
Calamity (Reckoners #3)
A Court of Frost and Starlight (ACOTAR #3.1)
In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children #4)

In Progress:

Bloody Rose (The Band #2) <-- I started it, but never finished it. Eventually, I'll get back to it.
A Storm of Swords (ASOIAF #3) <-- I feel like I should hold off on finishing this series until we have a definitive release date on book #6. Since I only read books 1 & 2, it would be easier to reread those than to have to reread all 5.

Undecided:

Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) <-- Right now, I have no desire to finish this series.

Abandoned Series:

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4)
Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #2)
Linger (Shiver #2)
Specials (Uglies #3)

New Series:

The Final Empire (Mistborn #1)
The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicles #1)

Now let's see if I can remember to update this challenge regularly. I may need a gentle reminder!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments You’re list looks great!!! 😃

message 16: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) Thanks!! I've abandoned so many series, but that's OK, because there are better ones that are waiting for me. :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments That’s true 😃. I might ha e to start doing that. Well, I have done that with a lot of books but just never list them!

message 18: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 4364 comments I love the title of your list! I used to be the DNF Queen 😃. This challenge helped me a lot!

message 19: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "That’s true 😃. I might ha e to start doing that. Well, I have done that with a lot of books but just never list them!"

I think by posting that I've abandoned the series, it makes it official instead of feeling undecided.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I have never .... well not in public dnf’d a book 🤣😂

message 21: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) Tammie wrote: "I love the title of your list! I used to be the DNF Queen 😃. This challenge helped me a lot!"

DNF Queen is a good title! This list would help me a lot if I used it regularly. LOL

message 22: by Jenny Baker (new)

The Final Empire (Mistborn #1)
The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2)
The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3)

In Progress:

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass #0.1 - 0.5)

I decided to retry Throne of Glass, so I'm starting over and beginning with the novellas.

message 23: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I have never .... well not in public dnf’d a book 🤣😂"

I try not to DNF a book. I don't like to force my way through a book that I'm not enjoying, but DNF'ing makes me feel like a quitter. 😃

message 24: by Jenny Baker (last edited Aug 30, 2019 07:00AM) (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) I felt the need to get organized, so I created an Incomplete Series Shelf. It currently has 104 books on it. Oh my.

Here's my updated list!

COMPLETED:

Wayward Children (4/4)

Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4) by Seanan McGuire Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2) by Seanan McGuire Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3) by Seanan McGuire

The Last Battle - The Chronicles of Narnia (7/7)

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6) by C.S. Lewis Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia, #2) by C.S. Lewis The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4) by C.S. Lewis The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia, #3) by C.S. Lewis The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #5) by C.S. Lewis The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7) by C.S. Lewis

The Lunar Chronicles (6/6 counting novellas)

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5, 0.6, 1.5, 3.1, 4.5) by Marissa Meyer

Lock In (2/2)

Lock In (Lock In, #1) by John Scalzi Head On (Lock In, #2) by John Scalzi

The Dark Tower (8/8)

The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, #2) by Stephen King The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower, #3) by Stephen King Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower, #4) by Stephen King Wolves of the Calla (The Dark Tower, #5) by Stephen King Song of Susannah (The Dark Tower, #6) by Stephen King The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower, #4.5) by Stephen King The Dark Tower (The Dark Tower, #7) by Stephen King

The Heroes of Olympus (5/5)

The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) by Rick Riordan The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) by Rick Riordan The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan

Strange the Dreamer (2/2)

Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2) by Laini Taylor

Reckoners (3/3)

Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Firefight (The Reckoners, #2) by Brandon Sanderson Calamity (The Reckoners, #3) by Brandon Sanderson

Caraval (3/3)

Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber Finale (Caraval, #3) by Stephanie Garber

Shadow & Bone (3/3)

Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3) by Leigh Bardugo

Book of the Ancestor (4/4) (Counting Short Story)

Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark Lawrence Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #2) by Mark Lawrence Bound (Book of the Ancestor, #2.5) by Mark Lawrence Holy Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #3) by Mark Lawrence

Snow Like Ashes (3/3)

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2) by Sara Raasch Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3) by Sara Raasch

Shattered Sea (3/3)

Half a King (Shattered Sea, #1) by Joe Abercrombie Half the World (Shattered Sea, #2) by Joe Abercrombie Half a War (Shattered Sea, #3) by Joe Abercrombie

UP-TO-DATE:

ACOTAR (3.5/6)

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas

Renegades (2/3)

Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa Meyer

Skyward (1/2)

Skyward (Skyward, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

INCOMPLETE:

A Song of Ice and Fire (2/7)

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin

The Ghost Brigades - Old Man’s War (1/6)

Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1) by John Scalzi

The Band (1/3)

Kings of the Wyld (The Band, #1) by Nicholas Eames

Throne of Glass (5/8) (Including Novellas Collection)

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas

Mistborn (3/7)

The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3) by Brandon Sanderson

The Chronicles of Prydain (1/5)

The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain, #1) by Lloyd Alexander

The Great Library (1/5)

Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine

The Morganville Vampires (6/15)

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) by Rachel Caine Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) by Rachel Caine Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5) by Rachel Caine Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6) by Rachel Caine

Graceling Realm (1/3)

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore

Underland Chronicles (1/5)

Gregor the Overlander (Underland Chronicles, #1) by Suzanne Collins

Inkworld (1/3)

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

Sookie Stackhouse (2/13)

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris

Everless (1/2)

Everless (Everless, #1) by Sara Holland

The Broken Earth (2/3)

The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin The Obelisk Gate (The Broken Earth, #2) by N.K. Jemisin

Millennium (2/3)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson

Vampire Academy (1/6)

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead

Delirium (1/3)

Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver

Discworld (1/42)

Mort (Death, #1; Discworld, #4) by Terry Pratchett

The Trials of Apollo (1/5)

The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan

Alcatraz (2/6)

Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (Alcatraz, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones (Alcatraz, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

Interdependency (1/3)

The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency, #1) by John Scalzi

ABANDONED:

Red Queen (1/4)
Shatter Me (1/6)
Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children (1/3)
The Maze Runner (2/5)
The Selection (1/5)
Shiver (1/4)
Uglies (2/8)
The Star-Touched Queen (1/2)

message 25: by Jenny Baker (new)

Jenny Baker (jennyrbaker) I'm finally making some progress in my incomplete series challenge! Check out my updates in message #24!