a true crime book club. discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Peter (last edited Jun 27, 2018 02:55PM) (new)

Peter Monn | 23 comments Mod
THIS IS THE FINAL READING SCHEDULE. THIS WILL NOT CHANGE! I PROMISE!

5/13: I'LL BE GONE IN THE DARK by MICHELLE MCNAMARA
5/27: SHE'S COME UNDONE by WALLY LAMB
6/10: ENDLESS NIGHT by RICHARD LAYMON
6/24: CHANCES by JACKIE COLLINS
7/15: LUCKY by JACKIE COLLINS
8/5: WHITE TRASH ZOMBIE by DIANA ROWLAND
8/19: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY by DOUGLAS ADAMS
9/2: LACE by SHIRLEY CONRAN
9/23: SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE by KURT VONNEGUT
10/7: FRANNY AND ZOOEY by J.D. SALINGER

*FURTHER READINGS WILL BE POSTED BY JULY 1ST!

message 2: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments We will kindly remind you :) Thank you. Excited!

message 3: by Lulu (new)

Lulu | 8 comments I love so many of these books and cant wait to read them. Thank you for making this happen.

message 4: by Rheabans (new)

Rheabans | 1 comments Can’t wait to start!

Emmie.Reads.Books | 95 comments I can't wait for the Lucky series! I've wanted to read Jackie Collins for a while!

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Amadon | 2 comments Can’t wait! :)

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments Thank you Peter!! This is gonna be a great summer!

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary King (maryk13) | 13 comments Yay looks great 👍

message 9: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments Excited about the selections!

message 10: by Sarah Marie (new)

Sarah Marie | 14 comments I'm on the waitlist for I'll Be Gone in the Dark!! Super excited for all these picks!

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary King (maryk13) | 13 comments @Olivia - Thanks for suggesting the audiobook! I was trying to decided and so glad it’s spooky!

message 12: by Sasha (new)

Sasha  (Lady of Asgard)  | 7 comments I’m so excited to read I’ll Be Gone in the Dark

message 13: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Sarah Marie wrote: "I'm on the waitlist for I'll Be Gone in the Dark!! Super excited for all these picks!"

Any idea what # you're at in holds? My wait number at my library is #175 on like 5 copies so pretty sure I'll be buying it. Hahaha! Maybe I'll look into the audio too.

message 14: by Sarah Marie (new)

Sarah Marie | 14 comments J.N. wrote: "Sarah Marie wrote: "I'm on the waitlist for I'll Be Gone in the Dark!! Super excited for all these picks!"

Any idea what # you're at in holds? My wait number at my library is #175 on like 5 copies..."

I'm #2 for holds. I waitlisted about a month ago and my library, thankfully, has five copies. So, it's been moving quickly. That's a crazy number! I hope you can your hands on a copy soon.:D

message 15: by Ceci (new)

Ceci I'm so excited!!! I'm on the wait list for the first book so I'm hoping I'll be able to get it before then.

message 16: by Librarian Alli (new)

Librarian Alli | 3 comments So we don't have to be done with the first pick by the 13th correct..? Is that when we start reading it?

I love the picks, nice and varied, can't wait!

message 17: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments I'm in for several of these. :)

message 18: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Excited to join this book club and such a varied list. Can't wait to get started. :)

message 19: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments For I'll be gone in the dark i'm at 177 on the waitlist with 7 copies haha, probably never getting it and I'll just end up buying it!

message 20: by Sharyn (new)

Sharyn | 2 comments O its just so exciting I’ve ordered most on eBay uk !!! I’m getting through Heaven slowly ! When the kids got sold I did feel heavens pain !!! Peter your book club has made me read for the 1st time in 8 years (2 small babies ) thanks a million love your Judy from Liverpool uk 🙏🏻🌈🌈🌈🌈

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel (gingergonzoreads) | 652 comments Mod
My library has the Golden State Killer book and I am STOKED about it. Yassssssssssssssssssssssss

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments I'm so excited to read I'll Be Gone in the Dark!!!!

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments I'm so excited!!! I was just able to get I'll be gone in the dark free on audible!!! This will be my first time listening to a book since elementary school.

message 24: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Sarah Marie wrote: "J.N. wrote: "Sarah Marie wrote: "I'm on the waitlist for I'll Be Gone in the Dark!! Super excited for all these picks!"

Any idea what # you're at in holds? My wait number at my library is #175 on ..."

Nice. I didn't even know about this book until Peter talked about it. I'm working on ordering a copy because I doubt I'll get it in time. Have had to do that with a few books lately. I didn't need an excuse to buy more books but oh well! Haha.

message 25: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Vanessa wrote: "For I'll be gone in the dark i'm at 177 on the waitlist with 7 copies haha, probably never getting it and I'll just end up buying it!"

It's crazy!

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments Olivia wrote: "Mary wrote: "@Olivia - Thanks for suggesting the audiobook! I was trying to decided and so glad it’s spooky!"

It's definitely creepy, I'm still side eyeing my front door hahah. I would definitely ..."

I'm nervous about listening to the audio book now lol. I'm okay with creepy unless I'm home alone and then I get paranoid.

message 27: by Savannah (new)

Savannah I just put I'll be gone in the dark on hold from my library and I probably won't get it for a while lol i'm 5th in queue. Even tried from overdrive but for audio and ebook it's like 100+ people requesting.

message 28: by Mel (new)

J.N. wrote: "Sarah Marie wrote: "J.N. wrote: "Sarah Marie wrote: "I'm on the waitlist for I'll Be Gone in the Dark!! Super excited for all these picks!"

Any idea what # you're at in holds? My wait number at my..."

Ebook from the library?

message 29: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Mel wrote: "J.N. wrote: "Sarah Marie wrote: "J.N. wrote: "Sarah Marie wrote: "I'm on the waitlist for I'll Be Gone in the Dark!! Super excited for all these picks!"

Any idea what # you're at in holds? My wait..."

Similar wait for that at the library (100) and on Overdrive (also in the 100s) so I'm just going to buy it. I prefer physical anyway. Spend too much time looking at a screen for my work to read more than maybe half an hour via ebook. Maybe I'll buy the audio if the sample impresses me.

message 30: by Mel (new)

J.N. wrote: "Mel wrote: "J.N. wrote: "Sarah Marie wrote: "J.N. wrote: "Sarah Marie wrote: "I'm on the waitlist for I'll Be Gone in the Dark!! Super excited for all these picks!"

Any idea what # you're at in ho..."

I like ebooks because, as someone who likes to read multiple books at once, I can just take my iPad with me and call it a day.

message 31: by Fela (new)

Fela Velez (islandandbooks) | 5 comments Good I'm excited to start looking for these books!!

message 32: by Regina (new)

Regina Very excited! Thanks again Peter!

message 33: by Angel (new)

Angel Eisnaugle _thebookangel_ | 8 comments My copy arrived in the mail today!! I can’t wait to start reading it!!

message 34: by Christine (new)

Christine Golden (library_lover) | 8 comments I must have looked like a crazy person at the library last night! I was looking at my phone for books on the Book Club List and I was walking up and down each isle with this puzzled look on my face! I found zero books on the shelf on the list! Then I hit to computer and began searching EVERY book had a waiting list of more than 5 people, that included 5 other libraries in town. All I kept thinking is who has EVERY one of these books! “ I don’t know her! I don’t go the Chinese Buffet with her!” If you watch Peter’s Main Channel then your probably laughing at that statement if not then I am still the weirdo walking around the library clueless! 😉. Christine

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments Christine wrote: "I must have looked like a crazy person at the library last night! I was looking at my phone for books on the Book Club List and I was walking up and down each isle with this puzzled look on my face..."

😂😂 I love Peters videos!!!

message 36: by Jessica (last edited May 11, 2018 08:35AM) (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments Okay so I'm bad at following rules and just couldn't wait (plus I won't get any reading done Sunday) so I started I'll Be Gone in the Dark. I'm listening to it on audible, but anyway I have no clue what page I'm on to track my progress (I'm probably just an idiot) but can anyone help me out. I'm on chapter 6 if that helps.

message 37: by Bianca (new)

Bianca  Dani Flores (danibinx) | 1 comments Jessica wrote: "Okay so I'm bad at following rules and just couldn't wait (plus I won't get any reading done Sunday) so I started I'll Be Gone in the Dark. I'm listening to it on audible, but anyway I have no clue..."

Take the amount of time that you've read and convert it into minutes.

Example. 1:55:00 =115 minutes

Then divide that by the total amount of minutes the book is.

Example 155/300 =0.51666

Then multiply that by 100 and you'll get the percentage.

Example 0.51666x100 = 51.6%

Goodreads gives you an option to track by percentage...I know this is tedious but it's how I do it. If there's an easier way I'd love to know!!!

message 38: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments Bianca wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Okay so I'm bad at following rules and just couldn't wait (plus I won't get any reading done Sunday) so I started I'll Be Gone in the Dark. I'm listening to it on audible, but anywa..."

Thanks so much!

message 39: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments Christine wrote: "I must have looked like a crazy person at the library last night! I was looking at my phone for books on the Book Club List and I was walking up and down each isle with this puzzled look on my face..."

I say "I don't know her" all the time now!

message 40: by Leah (new)

Leah (leelee112) | 1 comments Im so excited to be in this group! I havent heard about a few of these books. Im glad this will get my reading genre's I dont normally read. =]

message 41: by Mary (new)

Mary King (maryk13) | 13 comments Thanks for the formula to get audiobook to percentage, Bianca! Christine - I laughed out loud when I read your comment. I say it all the time, but feel it’s less impressive without a fan 😂

message 42: by Christine (new)

Christine Golden (library_lover) | 8 comments Yes!! I need a fan! Sent Peter 2 fans that he unboxed on his vlog channel. One was Blue with feathers all over it and the other was black with multi colored sequence all over it. I hope to see him use them in a video. I want to be Good Judy! 🤗

message 43: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 38 comments Olivia wrote: "I just finished I'll Be Gone in the Dark, but I'm totally going to relisten to it! Peter, seriously, you NEED to listen to it on Audible.

I highly, highly recommend anyone who likes to be scared ..."

Audio book has a wait list of 73 people! Ugh. I also put myself on hold for the book. I'm now 29 for the physical book. Doubt I'll get this by Sunday!

message 44: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 38 comments Ut oh! I just joined audible again. Free trial 30 days. Got I'll be gone in the dark for free but next month $14.95. At least it's cheaper than buying the book. Library just has too much a wait list.

message 45: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments Mom2triplets04 wrote: "Ut oh! I just joined audible again. Free trial 30 days. Got I'll be gone in the dark for free but next month $14.95. At least it's cheaper than buying the book. Library just has too much a wait list."

I done the same thing. Its my first time trying audible, but I figured I couldn't beat getting that book for free. And it said you can cancel at anytime. I still haven't made up my mind if I will or not lol.

message 46: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments I'd check Ebay and Thirftbooks for the other books if your libraries don't have them. Found quite a few at reasonable prices!

message 47: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments J.N. wrote: "I'd check Ebay and Thirftbooks for the other books if your libraries don't have them. Found quite a few at reasonable prices!"

Yeah, I went the Thriftbooks route and found everything I didn't already have except maybe one.

message 48: by Jade (new)

Jade So excited! I've read IBGITD already so I might cheat a little and get a head start on She's Come Undone. Peter one of these books can be my 'Celebrity Book Club Pick' for the Popsugar Reading Challenge - you can be my celebrity! :p

message 49: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (zummibear) | 6 comments Almost done with my current read and hopefully I can started on I'll be gone. Then to hunt down the rest of these :)

message 50: by Christine (new)

Christine Golden (library_lover) | 8 comments I am so glad I joined this book club! Not only is it helping me with my anxiety but I’ve made so many new Good Judys that have the same interests as me!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.