Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Don't Forget Steven
This topic is about Don't Forget Steven
Community/Brainstorming/Problems > Beta readers for YA fiction - Don't Forget Steven

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) I am looking for beta readers for two books. Here is the first:

[Expected Release September 2014]

Young Adult
55,000 words

Things never have been easy for Steven. He accepts that, and just makes the best of things. He might not have parents or a happy home. Or enough to eat most days. But at least he has a couple of loyal friends who stand by him and help out when they can. At least he has school, someplace he can go to escape the abuse.

Just when he thought things couldn't get much worse, they did.

Steven is accused of murder. But that isn't the worst part. The really bad part is not even knowing if he did it.

Dionne | 68 comments I'd like to help you out there...as a Beta reader I mean.

Dionne | 68 comments I just finished this one and I couldn't stop reading for some reason. I mean I would stop after the end of a chapter put it down, next thing I knew I was reading it again.

It was that interesting. I really was interested there and Steven was so loveable especially with his traumas and phobias about being touched.

I was really glad when Russ got killed but not when the police believed it was Steven who did it. And Dix and the other guys, as Steven called them, they were the perfect bad guys despite being Steven's half brother and uncle.

I so wanted to jump in the book and strangle them.

The Phillips were great people though Delphi was a bit of a ...., get it? I really didn't like her, get Steven drunk and do whatever. YOu know I was real glad when she left.

Steven's friends Sasha and Leo were great friends to have they made great characters in the story.

All in all, great story. I look forward to reading about the three of them another time, and I mean reading the book over and over because I get the feeling that will happen.