What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Book of Names (Diadem, Worlds of Magic, #1)
This topic is about Book of Names
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy series. Read in late 90s/early 2000s. Three teens from different worlds must get from the outer to the center ring (layer?) of the worlds. They use stones to give them special abilities. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments More information:

From what I recall, the three main characters are
- street-smart con artist (Zack?). He was hustling people on the street with cards when first introduced to him.
- a girl warrior from a medieval-type world (Rowan?)
- a boy (Pixel?) from a futuristic world that uses Virtual Reality exclusively instead of physically doing anything such as meeting with friends virtually or going outside. I think I remember his skin is blue?

I'm not 100% on the main character names, but those above keep popping up in my head.

Once, one of the kids used a stone that made them speak backwards while they used it. Another stone took all the vowels out of their speech. I can't remember what abilities it gave.

message 2: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 305 comments Book of Names (Diadem, Worlds of Magic, #1) by John Peel

Diadem series by John Peel. I think this is the first one but they have such generic titles.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments Cupcakedoll, you are AMAZING. I have been looking for this for years but libraries and Google hadn't turned up anything. Thank you so much!