What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Bag Full of Pups
This topic is about A Bag Full of Pups
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's picture book/read in '80s/box full of puppies. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Paige | 794 comments A box full of puppies was given away or sold to a bunch of different people with different needs for dogs. One went to a fireman and one went to a little boy. I can't remember who else took one. I read it in the 1980s.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 311 comments Paige wrote: "A box full of puppies was given away or sold to a bunch of different people with different needs for dogs. One went to a fireman and one went to a little boy. I can't remember who else took one. I ..."

Whatever Happens to Puppies?

Paige | 794 comments Nope. The puppies were all part of one litter. One person was giving them all away/selling them. They had different personalities/traits, and the people who got a puppy stated how that particular puppy would be good for them. Thanks though.

Paige | 794 comments Nope. The mama dog never makes an appearance at all. Thanks though.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments The summary doesn't mention the mother dog. Sometimes covers can be deceiving. I'll keep looking, though.

When in the '80s did you read it?

Paige | 794 comments A summary I read elsewhere for that one mentions the mother dog by name- Daisy.

I'm not sure when in the 80's I read it, but it certainly could have dated from before that decade.

message 8: by Ayshe (new)

message 9: by Kris (last edited Jul 13, 2018 11:02AM) (new)

Kris | 36561 comments Mod
Here's the Amazon "Look Inside" preview of A Bag Full of Pups by Dick Gackenbach - Ayshe's suggestion - https://www.amazon.com/Full-Pups-Houg...

message 10: by Jessica (last edited Jul 21, 2018 10:57PM) (new)

Jessica | 31 comments Ayshe wrote: "A Bag Full of Pups maybe?"

I second this! Absolutely. Wow, that takes me back. :D

Each person that comes by for a dog says why they will take it (cops, help me catch bad guys; hard of hearing, will help me when someone knocks on the door; grocer, will keep rats away from cheese). Also has the fireman and boy you mentioned.

message 11: by Paige (last edited May 11, 2019 07:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paige | 794 comments "A Bag Full of Pups maybe?"

That's the book! Thank you!