What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Monsters on the Loose
This topic is about Monsters on the Loose
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Picture Book: Halloween-themed, Monsters (including Frankenstein "Frankie") go to an Amusement Park on their day off and ride a roller coaster and bumper cars. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Clark (mome-raths-outgrabe) | 2 comments * It was a Halloween-themed picture book, aimed for ages 5-8, would have been early-mid 90s (around '95, maybe), possibly a Scholastic book as I was definitely a member of a club where I got a bunch of Scholastic books every year, but I'm not 100% certain this was one of them.
* I believe it was a paperback
* Published in English
* A bunch of Classic Halloween Monsters lived in a house together, including Frankenstein (I think they refer to him as Frankie) and possibly Dracula
* The Monsters are young, like kids or teenagers
* It's some time around Halloween and they have a day off, or possibly it's someone's birthday? I seem to remember that they get to have a free day where they can do something fun
* The Monsters go to an amusement park - I think they sneak out of the house to go, but that might not be accurate
* There's an illustration of Frankenstein riding the bumper cars and he's hunched over because his head is hitting the ceiling and causing sparks
* There's an illustration of the Monsters riding a roller coaster
* I think there's an old lady who takes care of the monsters?
* I vaguely remember an illustration of the Monsters in bunk beds
*It's not "Dracula and Frankenstein are Friends" by Katherine Tegen

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Clark (mome-raths-outgrabe) | 2 comments Kym wrote: "Monsters on the Loose by Michael Chesworth?"
YES YES YES YES YES THANK YOU YES

message 4: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments You’re welcome Ryan.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Monsters on the Loose (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael Chesworth (other topics)