Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

BOOKS > BUDDY READS!!!!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
Hi Guys!

So now that the group is slowly growing, I thought I was open up a board for people to start buddy reads!!

So comment below if you are looking to buddy read with someone :)))

message 2: by EndlessPages (new)

After I read war storm when it comes out I would love to buddy-read the Fates Divide by Victoria Roth if anyone would like to join me???

message 3: by Susy (last edited May 03, 2018 10:43PM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments This is my TBR list for May if anybody would like to join for any read:

May
(Handboek EMDR bij kinderen en jongeren: Dutch book I'm reading for work)
The Amber Spyglass (as soon as I finish The Subtle Knife)
All the Light We Cannot See
Circe

Don't think I will be able to squeeze in another read Olivia.

message 4: by EndlessPages (new)

Also! I just purchased whisper by Lynette Noni if anyone wants to buddy read that with me

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather W | 7 comments I don't normally have a monthly TBR pile, but if someone wants to buddy read something I am happy to do so.

PS how does buddy reading work?

message 6: by EndlessPages (new)

Heather wrote: "I don't normally have a monthly TBR pile, but if someone wants to buddy read something I am happy to do so.

PS how does buddy reading work?"

I was thinking of doing informal buddy reads where you set dates for reading a book with someone!

message 7: by EndlessPages (new)

Olivia wrote: "After I read war storm when it comes out I would love to buddy-read the Fates Divide by Victoria Roth if anyone would like to join me???"

All good Susy! Hopefully you can find someone to read with!

message 8: by fireside reads (new)

fireside reads (firesidereads) | 5 comments I would love to do a buddy read. I am horrible at keeping with my monthly TBR & always fall off track. If anyone would like let me know :)

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Tracy wrote: "I would love to do a buddy read. I am horrible at keeping with my monthly TBR & always fall off track. If anyone would like let me know :)"

I love buddy reads but this year is completely booked up, really have to get rid of all my dust bunnies....they’re haunting me.
This is my plan:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

If you see books we have in common let’s buddy up :)

message 10: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 16 comments I don't have a monthly TBR myself. I just pick a book and start reading. I'll be sure to keep an eye out in case I match with anybody!

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) I just bought a whole heap and half arrived today, so once I finish my current read, I'll be getting stuck into one of these beauties:

The Wedding Date
To Kill a Kingdom
A Court of Frost and Starlight

Happy to do a buddy read, though I'm at a pretty slow reading point in my year. The slump is real TT_TT

Lovely to meet you all!

message 12: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) Upcoming I have Strange the Dreamer, The Fifth Season, and Alice in Wonderland. I just started Obsidio.

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) Audrey wrote: "Upcoming I have Strange the Dreamer, The Fifth Season, and Alice in Wonderland. I just started Obsidio."

Strange the Dreamer is beautiful, I just finished that the other week. Can't wait for the sequel.

message 14: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) I hope so; reviews seem mixed.

message 15: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 16 comments Audrey wrote: "Upcoming I have Strange the Dreamer, The Fifth Season, and Alice in Wonderland. I just started Obsidio."

Will this be the first time you're reading Alice?

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Poppen (mandakpopp) | 4 comments I'm currently reading City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare if anyone wants to buddy read! I'll be continuing through the series so we can keep going!

message 17: by EndlessPages (new)

Amanda wrote: "I'm currently reading City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare if anyone wants to buddy read! I'll be continuing through the series so we can keep going!"

omg that is so tempting, I'd be reading the series for like the third time though hahaha

message 18: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) Cheyenne wrote: “Audrey wrote: “Upcoming I have Strange the Dreamer, The Fifth Season, and Alice in Wonderland. I just started Obsidio.”

Will this be the first time you’re reading Alice?”

No, I’ve read it many times, but I found an annotated version that I’m excited for.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Poppen (mandakpopp) | 4 comments Olivia wrote: "Amanda wrote: "I'm currently reading City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare if anyone wants to buddy read! I'll be continuing through the series so we can keep going!"

omg that is so tempting, I'd be re..."

LOL!! I totally understand!

message 20: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) I prefer to read alone.