Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's april reads

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3839 comments a good month- liked everything i read! only 2 m/t's, though
Believe Me-jp delaney
Pieces of Her- karin slaughter
The Hate U Give- angie thomas
Forks, Knives, and Spoons- leah decesare
The Hideaway- lauren k. denton
She Loves You- ann hood
Between You and Me- susan wiggs
The Dream Daughter- diane chamberlain
All We Ever Wanted- emily giffin

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15088 comments Nice month Sherry! Liking them all a plus.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments When they're all good it's a great month! I loved The Hate U Give.

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3839 comments Melodie wrote: "When they're all good it's a great month! I loved The Hate U Give."

so did i, melodie. we hosted her at the bookstore and she's delightful! so interesting that i wish she'd been able to talk for longer. she's got a new book coming out , i think, next year.

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments Sherry wrote: "Melodie wrote: "When they're all good it's a great month! I loved The Hate U Give."

so did i, melodie. we hosted her at the bookstore and she's delightful! so interesting that i wish she'd been ab..."

Yes, it's called On the Come Up. I've got it on order already!

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8310 comments Melodie wrote: "
Yes, it's called On the Come Up. I've got it on order already! ..."

Thanks for the tip! When I saw her Angie Thomas didn't mention that it was ready to be released. She is quite the speaker, glad you enjoyed her Sherry. I would be curious as to how she tailored her speech to her Connecticut audience. In MA she was speaking to a community college audience and it was a combination of a history lesson and a call to action.

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1657 comments Good month Sherry!

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3839 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Melodie wrote: "
Yes, it's called On the Come Up. I've got it on order already! ..."

Thanks for the tip! When I saw her Angie Thomas didn't mention that it was ready to be releas..."

that's pretty much how it was for our talk, too, carol. the hate u give was the reading across rhode island book, so she also spoke at one of the rhode island colleges the next day.

message 9: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3138 comments Slaughter remains a unique voice.

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8310 comments Sherry wrote: " the hate u give was the reading across rhode island book, so she also spoke at one of the rhode island colleges the next day. ..."

That's awesome!