Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General IR Book Discussion > What IR book are you reading in 2018?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
A reader pointed out that we didn't have a 2018 reading thread. Here you go!

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) wrote: "A reader pointed out that we didn't have a 2018 reading thread. Here you go!"

Cool...I fear that might have been me. lol

message 3: by Skhan (new)

Skhan  | 13 comments I just finished reading "Wanna Bet" by Talia Hibbert, so good...finished it in two days. I need to read more books by her. loved the two main characters (flaws and all)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 124 comments Hi Skhan, I have that one on my TBR. I read A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood #1) by Talia Hibbert by her recently and really liked it, left a review. Wanna Bet sounds good too, and includes one of my fav tropes of friends to lovers so am looking forward to reading it soon.

message 5: by Skhan (new)

Skhan  | 13 comments Herekittykitty wrote: "Hi Skhan, I have that one on my TBR. I read A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood #1) by Talia Hibbert by her recently and really liked it, left a review. Wanna Bet sounds good too, and includes one of my fav tropes of ..."

thank you for the recommendation, definitely going to read it next. I'm kinda new to the IR genre, and I'm very particular about the types of IR books I read.

message 6: by Anino (new)

Anino  (anino) | 773 comments I'm currently reading Buckeye and the Babe (Modern Mail Order Bride Book 6) by Olivia Gaines ...

Anything written by Olivia Gaines is most definitely on my "1-Click" list..

message 7: by Tina (last edited May 03, 2018 06:54PM) (new)

Tina | 1415 comments Haven't read it yet cuz its not out yet... but Nina Perez tweeted that she has written a sequel to her Sharing Space (The Complete Series) by Nina Perez serial. The cover (which she linked to from her twitter) is cute as hell. She'll be releasing it as a serial, like she did the original, but I think this time I'll wait til the whole thing is released before reading. I enjoyed the first series so much I hated to wait for the installments. So sometime this year.

message 8: by Rosie (last edited May 11, 2018 10:19AM) (new)

Rosie | 850 comments ANNOUNCEMENT/RE: WHAT IR ARE YOU READING?

For people looking for earlier 2018 comments for the 'WHAT IR ARE YOU READING' thread, please see the link below to the 2017 thread which includes 2017 and 2018, respectively.

Link to 2017/2018 Comments
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
NOTE: 2018 comments start on Page 2 from April 14, 2018 onward.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 124 comments Skhan, what things do you look for? I have read 100's and am now quite picky myself. Send me a pm if you want!

Tina, I remember that one, I discovered it after it had all been released and off the top of my head thought it quite amusing. I might check out the sequel but I'm trying to branch out from romance a little this year so who knows?

message 10: by Paganalexandria (last edited May 11, 2018 04:39PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments I just finished Expose (Red Rebels MC, #2) by C.D. Breadner , and really enjoyed it. It's really hard to find good IR biker romance. It's book #2 in the series but the only one I've read in it. It was easy to follow as a standalone.

message 11: by Liane (new)

Liane | 74 comments I'm reading Kasey Martin's books. Right now I'm reading Devilish series. I read Cameron, Jones and now reading Harper's story.

message 12: by BrokenAngelxxx (new)

BrokenAngelxxx (cocoabutterfly23) | 40 comments I just ordered Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3) by Maureen Smith today..i'm waiting for it to be delivered

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments LlonnaJ wrote: "I just ordered Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3) by Maureen Smith today..i'm waiting for it to be delivered"

That's a classic, been talked about in this group for a long time now.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments This was rec'd to me in another thread in the group. So in honor of the Royal Wedding decided to give this a go Royal Engagement by Chance Carter

message 15: by BrokenAngelxxx (new)

BrokenAngelxxx (cocoabutterfly23) | 40 comments just finished Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3) by Maureen Smith I loved the fact that it was a bw/Lm romance and I devoured it in like 2 hours. i'm looking forward to reading beast by pepper pace and other interracial romances this summer

message 16: by Robin (new)

Robin | 16 comments These are some of the books that I've read this year.
The Truth Behind The Lies by Lolah Lace The Truth Behind The Lies 2 by Lolah Lace The Boss Lady by Lolah Lace Capricorn - Mr. Ambition The 12 Signs of Love (The Zodiac Lovers Series) by Tiana Laveen Taurus - Mr. Persistent The 12 Signs of Love (The Zodiac Lovers Series Book 5) by Tiana Laveen Possessed by the Lycan by Zena Wynn The Vampire's Accidental Wife (Nocturne Falls, #8) by Kristen Painter Warlocks The Creole Coven (The Laveau Coven) by Latrivia Welch Seven Whole Nights by Chevelle Allen Spellbound by Reana Malori Take A Knee by Xyla Turner Protect the Seed by Erosa Knowles Blood Ties (Creole Nights) by Phoenix Daniels

message 17: by DeeTimes' Nook (new)

DeeTimes' Nook (cricket011) | 3226 comments I read Pas De Deux A Dance For Two by Lynn Turner recently and the characters were so vivid and sexy and their story still weighs heavy on my mind!

message 18: by Kathy (last edited Jun 03, 2018 11:40AM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 244 comments I just finished The Cost of Hope (The Cost of Love Series Book 1) https://amzn.to/2HgV832. This is a sweet, clean romance and a very engaging story. It's a Historical Romance, and I finished it in about a day and a half, but only because stuff got in the way. I'll have to get my review up soon.

message 19: by Skhan (new)

Skhan  | 13 comments I just finished reading “let me set you set you straight” by May rose Maxwell.

Its like a cute romcom movie, I could see the scenes playing in my head, very sweet characters. I loved the friends!! I hope they get their own book next.

message 20: by Eliana (new)

Eliana (elianawest) | 1 comments This looks really fun, I just downloaded. Thank you for the recommendation!

message 22: by BrokenAngelxxx (last edited Jun 16, 2018 07:41AM) (new)

BrokenAngelxxx (cocoabutterfly23) | 40 comments i'm waiting on Hot Latin Men Volume I (Hot Latin Men, #2-3) by Delaney Diamond to be delivered sometime either today or next week. I've been wanting to read this series for a long time now. After that, I want to read the butterfly memoirs series by M.J. Kane. I have a small selection of interracial romances on my bookshelf so I want more to read.

oh I ordered Scarred (Damaged Souls, #1) by Twyla Turner today so I can't wait for it to be delivered. I can't wait to order the rest of the series

message 23: by Kolby (new)

Kolby (kolbyirish) | 18 comments Very glad to be in this group! I'm waiting on anything that Theodora Taylor is putting out this year. Just finished up her Luca/Amber duo.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments LlonnaJ wrote: "i'm waiting on Hot Latin Men Volume I (Hot Latin Men, #2-3) by Delaney Diamond to be delivered sometime either today or next week. I've been wanting to read this series for a long time now. After that, I want to read..."

Llonna do you have a kindle?

Kolby wrote: "Very glad to be in this group! I'm waiting on anything that Theodora Taylor is putting out this year. Just finished up her Luca/Amber duo."

I'm so behind on my Theodora Taylor. I really enjoy her writing. The last thing I read by her was Her Scottish Wolf by Theodora Taylor

message 25: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Jul 04, 2018 02:25PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 124 comments Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2) by Talia Hibbert (Best) Friends to lovers, my absolutely favorite romance trope. Asian man for a change, British author, and very unapologetically every day british terminology (ie not of the posh variety), also for a change. Loved it. I've read two of this authors books this year and have loved both of them, off to buy some more. Warning though, it's angsty.

message 26: by Tina (last edited Jul 04, 2018 07:37PM) (new)

Tina | 1415 comments I am enjoying Talia Hibbert to peices. Definitely a good discovery this year. I've read four of her books so far. My favorite so far might be Undone by the Ex-Con A BWWM Romance by Talia Hibbert

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 124 comments Tina wrote: "I am enjoying Talia Hibbert to peices. Definitely a good discovery this year. I've read four of her books so far. My favorite so far might be Undone by the Ex-Con A BWWM Romance by Talia Hibbert"

How do you find the "brit-speak" (new phrase I just made up!)?

message 28: by Kolby (new)

Kolby (kolbyirish) | 18 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "LlonnaJ wrote: "i'm waiting on Hot Latin Men Volume I (Hot Latin Men, #2-3) by Delaney Diamond to be delivered sometime either today or next week. I've been wanting to read this series for a long time now. After that..."

Guurl, you can't go wrong with her 90 percent of the time. I went back and just read 12 days of Krista. Then I reread My Dragon Everlasting and My Viking Wolf, two of my favorite shifter stories of hers, and doing that has made me realize she has A LOT more characters to give stories. I'm not mad at it, she should take all the time she needs in between stories.
I'm also waiting anxiously for Mychal Daniels to come out with a new story to the alien series. I'm trying to read Daniels' next installment in the Dragofin series: Matthias. It's a struggle, because I despise the heroine.

message 29: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1415 comments Herekittykitty wrote: "How do you find the "brit-speak" (new phrase I just made up!)? "

Oh I like romances written by British authors. I get a kick out of British slang. I am not a huge fan of chick lit but when do read it, I tend to gravitate to British chick lit.

message 30: by Paganalexandria (last edited Jul 05, 2018 12:20PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Kolby wrote: "Guurl, you can't go wrong with her 90 percent of the time. I went back and just read 12 days of Krista. Then I reread My Dragon Everlasting and My Viking Wolf, two of my favorite shifter stories of hers, and doing that has made me realize she has A LOT more characters to give stories. I'm not mad at it, she should take all the time she needs in between stories. "

I'd honestly given up on Interracial PNR/UF due to the many world building fails I'm run across. Theodora is my one exception to that rule. I don't often even follow my favorite traditionally published authors across subgenres, but somehow she consistently gives a good book no matter the theme.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 124 comments Tina wrote: "Herekittykitty wrote: "How do you find the "brit-speak" (new phrase I just made up!)? "

Oh I like romances written by British authors. I get a kick out of British slang. I am not a huge fan of chi..."

As a brit I end up with mostly US fiction, but I think that's just a matter of the available market of what I like to read, so I'm used to it and mostly prefer it. The same with TV, most of the US stuff is much more exciting to me. But on the occasions that I do come across British stuff, I much prefer it if it's in regional voice/slang because the standard plummy English that most of the world seems to think we all sound like is just grating to me.

Lots of English speaking foreigners (many of us in the UK do too!) probably would struggle to understand many of our regional accents such as brummie, scouse, geordie, many scots, irish or welsh accents, and terminology too, or even standard London (which can also be pretty thick and mind boggling!) and many others but that's all part of what makes it real to me, and most of the time I think adds so much humor in books.

message 32: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1283 comments Started to reread the following series:

Chained (Chained #1) by Elise Marion
Bound (Chained #2) by Elise Marion
Freed (Chained Trilogy Book 3) by Elise Marion

A few typos and constant use of kirtle etc annoyed me, but I like the series overall.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments I read Theodora Taylor's LUCA - Her Ruthless Don (Ruthlessly Obsessed Duet, Book 1) 50 Loving States, New York, Pt. 1 (Ruthless Tycoons 3) by Theodora Taylor , and it has in the middle of binge. Followed it up with book #2 AMBER - His to Reclaim (Ruthlessly Obsessed Duet, Book 2) 50 Loving States, New York Pt. 2 (Ruthless Tycoons 4) by Theodora Taylor in that duet. Now I'm back tracking in the Ruthless Tycoon series reading #1 Holt, Her Ruthless Billionaire 50 Loving States-Connecticut (Ruthless Tycoons Book 1) by Theodora Taylor .

message 34: by BrokenAngelxxx (new)

BrokenAngelxxx (cocoabutterfly23) | 40 comments re-reading one of my favorites Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1) by Roslyn Hardy Holcomb . Callie & Bryan's love story gets better every time I read it. Right now, I want to save up some money so I can add more IRR to my home library. There's so many books I have to read

message 35: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1283 comments LlonnaJ wrote: "re-reading one of my favorites Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1) by Roslyn Hardy Holcomb. Callie & Bryan's love story gets better every time I read it. Right now, I want to save up some money so I can add more IRR to my home l..."

I read that years ago. You are right, it is good

message 36: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1283 comments Just finished Angels & Assassins (Angels and Assassins #2) by K. Alex Walker . Well worth the read

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Justine wrote: "Just finished Angels & Assassins (Angels and Assassins #2) by K. Alex Walker. Well worth the read"

I might check that out. Haven't read anything by that writer.

I'm on a Theodora Taylor kick, reading His to Princess, a modern fairytale romance Loving World, Les Iles de la Victoire by Theodora Taylor

message 38: by Justine (last edited Aug 07, 2018 03:52PM) (new)

Justine | 1283 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Justine wrote: "Just finished Angels & Assassins (Angels and Assassins #2) by K. Alex Walker. Well worth the read"

I might check that out. Haven't read anything by that writer.

I'm on a Theodora Taylor kick, reading [..."

I had only ever read one and it was a chore and I don't even remember finishing it . It's that one "The Woman he Wanted". I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this particular story. I think I may have to go back and take another gander at The Woman he Wanted to see if my opinion has changed.

message 39: by BrokenAngelxxx (new)

BrokenAngelxxx (cocoabutterfly23) | 40 comments so I think it's about time I seriously consider buying a kindle. There are so many IRR on kindle and not in paperback form that I want to read.

Also, I really want to read The Ballerina & the Fighter (Ballerina, #1) by Ursula Sinclair series and A Heart Not Easily Broken (The Butterfly Memoirs, #1) by M.J. Kane Lonely Heart (The Butterfly Memoirs, #3) by M.J. Kane Nobody's Business (The Butterfly Memoirs, #4) by M.J. Kane Sunday by Kaia Bennett and countless others. I realy want a good variety of IRR because this is my favorite genre.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments LlonnaJ wrote: "so I think it's about time I seriously consider buying a kindle. There are so many IRR on kindle and not in paperback form that I want to read.

Also, I really want to read [bookcover:The Ballerina..."

LlonnaJ I love my kindle, and the fact three of those books you posted are often free in that format, makes it good investment. Devices aren't that expensive, and often go on sale, Must say if you get an ereader instead of a tablet, please be sure to get a case. They are so easy to break without one. Just having one in my purse for a quick trip to the store unprotected was a disaster once.

message 41: by Anino (new)

Anino  (anino) | 773 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "LlonnaJ wrote: "so I think it's about time I seriously consider buying a kindle. There are so many IRR on kindle and not in paperback form that I want to read.

Also, I really want to read [bookcov..."

I agree with Pagan, the ease of buying Kindle ebooks is worth the initial investment for a Kindle tablet, Smart Phone, and/or a tablet that you can download the Kindle app onto.

message 42: by Frankie (new)

Frankie | 6 comments Anino wrote: "Paganalexandria wrote: "LlonnaJ wrote: "so I think it's about time I seriously consider buying a kindle. There are so many IRR on kindle and not in paperback form that I want to read.

Also, I real..."

I agree with Anino & Pagan, I read the majority of IRR on my tablet, I find it really difficult to find the IR books in bookshops That and I fact that I don't have a lot of room for paperback books

message 43: by Frankie (new)

Frankie | 6 comments If you’re looking for IRR I would recommend No Ordinary Love by Kenya Wright the
Men of Whiskey Row series by D.A. Young Sweet Obsession (Men of Whiskey Row, #1) by D.A. Young , Her Russian Protector by Roxie Rivera and Billy London

I'm looking for some new IRR to read, has anybody got any books they could recommend?

message 44: by Jamilla (new)

Jamilla (jamilla_) | 14 comments Tina was so very right about Undone by the Ex-Con (Just for Him, #2) by Talia Hibbert ! Talia Hibbert is definitely a breath of fresh air!
I have been in a book rut and she's definitely been helping!

message 45: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 850 comments Frankie wrote: "I'm looking for some new IRR to read, has anybody got any books they could recommend?..."

The Twisted Series by Keta Kendric
https://www.amazon.com/Keta-Kendric/e...

Any book by Sienna Mynx
https://www.amazon.com/Sienna-Mynx/e/...

Happy Reading!☺

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Rosie wrote: "The Twisted Series by Keta Kendric
https://www.amazon.com/Keta-Kendric/e...

Any book by Sienna Mynx
https://www.amazon.com/Sienna-Mynx/e/...

Happy Reading!☺ "

I co-sign the Sienna Mynx rec. Would also include Theodora Taylor to that list. I recently read her Ruthless Tycoons series, and loved them all Holt, Her Ruthless Billionaire 50 Loving States-Connecticut (Ruthless Tycoons Book 1) by Theodora Taylor Zahir His to Deny A Ruthless Scion Preview Novella (Ruthless Scions Book 2) by Theodora Taylor LUCA - Her Ruthless Don (Ruthlessly Obsessed Duet, Book 1) 50 Loving States, New York, Pt. 1 (Ruthless Tycoons 3) by Theodora Taylor AMBER - His to Reclaim (Ruthlessly Obsessed Duet, Book 2) 50 Loving States, New York Pt. 2 (Ruthless Tycoons 4) by Theodora Taylor

message 47: by Remy (new)

Remy Marie | 8 comments The twisted series is very well written. I would recommend!

message 48: by Lotchie (new)

Lotchie Burton | 3 comments Duke by Default, by Alyssa Cole. An excellent read! A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2) by Alyssa Cole

message 49: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments Currently reading.... True Blue (Melodies of Love Book 1) by Dahlia DeWinters

Good. BW/AM pairing. Musician. Part of a series.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments I just finished Twisted Minds series by Keta Kendric Twisted Minds (Twisted Minds #1) by Keta Kendric Twisted Hearts (Twisted Minds #2) by Keta Kendric Twisted Secrets (Twisted Minds #3) by Keta Kendric , a very satisfying IR biker read. I'm normally repelled by the "IR love trumping racism" trope, but this did a great job breaking down my misgivings. The characters were all so nakedly flawed, the humanity bled through it all.

I tried with the spin off featuring the hero's cousin Twisted Obsession by Keta Kendric . It was a super quick DNF for me though.

« previous 1